SHOW NOTES FOR OCTOBER 2018 (most recent to oldest) | HEALTH CHAT | Welcome to the FIGTree Live Forum

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_Print forum-icon
SHOW NOTES FOR OCTOBER 2018 (most recent to oldest)
No permission to create posts
October 20, 2018
11:58 am
VickiY.
Admin
Forum Posts: 1791
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

OCTOBER 2018 SHOW NOTES

SHOW NOTES ARE BELOW; please note that links are included and they are CAPITALIZED/ITALIC/BOLD (place mouse over these links to visit the websites or areas of FIGTreeLive.com where the information may be found).

If you are looking for show information older than that listed here, we do keep archives available for each month. Just request show notes for the month in question or listen to past shows, you may link to the continuous loop of the FIGTREE LIVE SHOW on the air through our website or you may link to specific PAST SHOWS.  

October 2, 2018
3:13 am
VickiY.
Admin
Forum Posts: 1791
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

OPENING BLESSING DAILY: Heavenly Father, we ask You to bless today’s show, and to bless those who are listening and struggling with a health issue. Father, please help us to provide guidance to those who need help, that we may assist them to heal through You…in Jesus’ name we pray ~ Amen

CALL THE SHOW Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays (2PM Eastern / 1PM Central / Noon Mntn / 11am Pacific) and/or Saturdays (1PM Eastern / Noon Central / 11am Mntn / 10am Pacific), CALL ~ IT’S FREE:

FIGTree Live call-in show#: 844-855-2006

FIGTree Live text only show #: 252-316-2117

Email FIGTree Live at INFO@FIGTREELIVE.COM

Call us on the FIGTREE LIVE Show when the show is LIVE, and Dee will answer your call, get your name and town and put  you on hold;  you will be able to hear the show while on hold until we take your call….AND if you want to use a fake name, town and state, you are welcome to do that in case you are worried someone may recognize you! 844-855-2006! Everyone who calls the show receives THREE MONTHS FREE email communications, personalized regimen to help you get healthier, lose weight or whatever help you need PLUS 15% off and free shipping on anything you decide to purchase from FIGTreeVITAMINS.com!

NOTE: PRODUCTS AND ARTICLE LINKS ARE SIGNIFIED BY 

BOLD/ITALIC/CAPITALIZED LETTERING (any variety of colors or black) – RUN YOUR CURSOR OVER THEM AND LINK DIRECTLY.

THE TRIPLE THREAT TO DISEASE: DIET, EXERCISE & WATER!

Show Notes Wednesday, October 31, 2018 – Friday, November 2, 2018

Various appointments conflicted with showtime and replays were provided for your listening pleasure, but we will be back LIVE on Saturday, November 3, 2018 with Dr. Lorna Walker!

Show Notes Saturday, October 27, 2018 with Dr. Lorna Walker

CALL US: 844-855-2006

TEXT US: 252-316-2117

EMAIL US: Info@FIGTreeLive.com

EMAILS AND POSTS

Q: Tyke/FL I am 68, retired from construction and have been managing my hip pain for years with Flexeril, aspirins and glucosamine and chondroitin. None of that is helping the pain anymore and now my doctor wants me to have my hip joints replaced. He says the left one should be first, then in 6 months, the other one. Is there something else I can do? My sister had her hips done 2 years ago and she is crooked and in pain. Doctors want to do hers again.

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Most hip replacement is successful but some require additional replacements. Continued NSAID use is bad for the gut, so the surgery may be a better choice long-term. Increase protein ahead of the surgery (unless you have kidney problems) and avoid junk foods. Whole, fresh real foods.

Sister could be suffering from metallosis (usually the metal on metal allergic reaction to the implant) or impairment causing his sister problems. Does she have osteoporosis?

HOW TO PREPARE FOR, AND HEAL AFTER, SURGERY

Check your diet against our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet, and

BEFORE AND AFTER SURGERY

FIGTreeVitamins EXTRA STRENGTH BETA GLUCAN slow release tablets

FIGTreeVitamins PROBIOTIC ENTERIC, 35 Billion CFU Capsules (1-2 at bedtime EMPTY STOMACH) for gastrointestinal concerns.

FIGTreeVitamins MULTIVITAMIN ONE DAILY Tablets Whole Food Vitamin/mineral supplement (1-2 daily with breakfast or lunch)

FIGTreeVitamins VITAMIN C POWDER  Calcium Ascorbic Acid (1 scoop 2-3 times daily or more until just before diarrhea).

AFTER SURGERY

Continue as above, but also add:

FIGTreeVitamins SYSTEMIC CLEANSING Package, featuring Enteric Proteolytic Systemic Oral Enzymes (PSOEs) Tablets.

WHAT TO ASK YOUR DOCTOR AND OTHER CONSIDERATIONS FROM MAYO CLINIC:

Questions to ask your doctor:

• Are you board-certified in orthopedic surgery?

• Are you fellowship trained?

• How often do you perform this surgery?

• What kind of results would you expect for someone in my condition?

• May I speak with any of your patients who have had this surgery?

• What complications occur most frequently, and how do you deal with them?

• Do you usually work with a particular physical therapist or rehabilitation center?

Risks

Risks associated with hip replacement surgery may include:

• Blood clots.Clots can form in your leg veins after surgery. This can be dangerous because a piece of a clot can break off and travel to your lung, heart or rarely your brain. Your doctor may prescribe blood-thinning medications to reduce this risk.

• Infections can occur at the site of your incision and in the deeper tissue near your new hip. Most infections are treated with antibiotics, but a major infection near your prosthesis may require surgery to remove and replace the prosthesis.

• During surgery, healthy portions of your hip joint may fracture. Sometimes the fractures are so small that they heal on their own, but larger fractures may need to be corrected with wires, pins, and possibly a metal plate or bone grafts.

• Certain positions can cause the ball of your new joint to become dislodged, particularly in the first few months after surgery. If the hip dislocates, your doctor may fit you with a brace to keep the hip in the correct position. If your hip keeps dislocating, surgery is often required to stabilize it.

• Change in leg length.Your surgeon takes steps to avoid the problem, but occasionally a new hip makes one leg longer or shorter than the other. Sometimes this is caused by a contracture of muscles surrounding the hip. In this case, progressively strengthening and stretching those muscles may help.

• Although this complication is rare with newer implants, your new joint may not become solidly fixed to your bone or may loosen over time, causing pain in your hip. Surgery might be needed to fix the problem.

Need for second hip replacement

Your prosthetic hip joint may wear out eventually, so if you have hip replacement surgery when you’re relatively young and active, you eventually may need a second hip replacement. However, new materials are making implants last longer, so a second replacement may not be needed.

Metal-on-metal complications

Most artificial hip joints have a polished metal or ceramic ball that fits into a cup liner that’s made of very hard plastic. Some older types of prostheses used mainly in the last decade use a metal cup liner, which may last longer but can cause other problems. Metal-on-metal prostheses are more likely to release metal ions into your bloodstream, which can cause inflammation and bone erosion. Because of these concerns, metal-on-metal prostheses are now rarely used.

How you prepare

Before surgery you’ll meet with your orthopedic surgeon for an examination. The surgeon will:

• Ask about your medical history and current medications

• Do a brief general physical examination to make sure you’re healthy enough to undergo surgery

• Examine your hip, paying attention to the range of motion in your joint and the strength of the surrounding muscles

• Order blood tests, an X-ray and possibly an MRI

This preoperative evaluation is a good opportunity for you to ask questions about the procedure. Be sure to find out which medications you should avoid or continue to take in the week before surgery.

EVERYDAY DISCOUNT:

Get 10% off all products that FIGTree Vitamins carries every day using Coupon Code FTL10  during checkout; use the product links, or see all products at the FIGTREE VITAMINS STORE, or call Gary to order by telephone ~ 210-504-9906!

Q: Marianne/AL I had “an event” last weekend and was admitted overnight to the hospital. It wasn’t a heart attack but a pre-heart attack warning, according to the doctor. He said my arteries are starting to get blocked and that I had to stop using mayonnaise, cheese and other fats on my sandwiches because the eggs cause heart attacks. He said no eggs, beef or red meats but I can have poultry and fish. He encourages eating salmon at least twice a week. I can have bread, rice and potatoes and vegetables, something you said not to eat. Now I’m confused.

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Fats ARE NOT the enemy! Trans fats are and an imbalance of fats are. Even cardiologists are realizing that processed grain-based foods and sugars are a problem. Grass fed beef is good, but it is ok if she has no beef. Protein size of the palm of your hand. A whole grain or legumes also the size of your palm. Rest of plate should be non-starchy vegetables (steamed or raw) and salad. Let the plant kingdom be the king of your plate.

Mayonnaise is used making soybean oil in nearly all cases…read your labels! Wild salmon is good, processed foods bad. Check your current diet against our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet, DRINK WATER!

EVERYDAY DISCOUNT:

Get 10% off all products that FIGTree Vitamins carries every day using Coupon Code FTL10  during checkout; use the product links, or see all products at the FIGTREE VITAMINS STORE, or call Gary to order by telephone ~ 210-504-9906!

Q: Candace/FL I bought 2 bottles of the Vitamin C ascorbic acid powder from figtree vitamins because of something doctor Lorna said about detoxing with it and fighting off allergies but now I don’t remember how much to take every day and for how long. I get colds ever winter and allergies in the spring and want to get started now.

A: Dr. Lorna ~ 2000-4000mg Vitamin C Calcium ascorbic powder daily (divided at least 3 times per day). May be necessary to take it with food because it can upset the stomach.

FIGTreeVitamins.com VITAMIN C POWDER Calcium Ascorbic Acid (1 scoop 3-4 times daily or more until just before diarrhea).

FIGTreeVitamins EXTRA STRENGTH BETA GLUCAN slow release tablets. FIGTreeVitamins.com VITAMIN D 2000 Liquid Drops (1-3 drops under tongue 2-3 times daily or more, as needed; allow to sit for at least 30 seconds before swallowing, or allowing to dissipate naturally) for avoiding colds/flu, breast health, muscle pain/weakness, bone/joint pain, fatigue, moodiness/depression, anxiety, PMS and other concerns of deficiency.

EVERYDAY DISCOUNT:

Q: Melanie/AL I was 73 lbs overweight but started losing weight fast (25 lbs in one month), without doing anything, and started having pain. Doctor said I have diverticulitis and H Pielori, so he has me my regular diet only no Mexican, Italian or other spicy foods, no sweets and no beer. He wants me to take Flagyl, Prilosec and Pepto Bismol to sooth my stomach so it heals. He also said I might need some surgery but didn’t want to go into that unless necessary – last option. I hear your show and think you can help.

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Follow the doctor’s advice; stop eating what she is eating and go low fiber for now. Diverticulitis is an inflamed gastrointestinal tract. Once finished with Flagyl and Prilosec, will need probiotics OR she can take probiotics at bedtime at least 2 hours after the last Flagyl and Prilosec. The antibiotic and PPIs typically are a 4 week course. Antibiotic to kills the H. Pyelori and the PPIs prevent ulcers.

Stay away from roughage type fiber (like wheat bran, nuts and seeds); consume soluble fiber (like oatmeal) because it brings water into the colon, bulks and enables her ability to have more bowel movements.

Check your current diet against our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet, DRINK WATER!

FIGTreeVitamins.com PROBIOTIC ENTERIC, 35 Billion CFU Capsules (1 at bedtime EMPTY STOMACH at least 2 hours after the last antibiotic, Pepto and PPI)

EVERYDAY DISCOUNT:

Q: Joseph/NY I guess you said something about cold weather and heart problems because my mother called tonight and told me I couldn’t shovel snow anymore. Background: I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol and have a high stress job. I am 6’2” and 265 lbs. I live in Great Neck, NY so snow shoveling is part of my life and it is starting early this season. I am willing to consider hiring a service or buying an attachment for my tractor if you will explain what she is talking about.

A: Dr. Jon referred to yesterday’s News You Can Use discussion. Only had about 30 seconds left, but check out the show or yesterday’s News You Can Use show notes, which discussed heart attack frequency hire during cold weather because it constricts arteries. If you have high cholesterol and blocked arteries, you are at higher risk of heart attack or stroke.

Dr. Lorna ~ When people are out of shape, they cannot perform rigorous acts. He is overweight at 265 lbs, even at 6’2” and his BP and cholesterol should drop significantly if he changes his diet, after which he MAY be able to shovel snow, go sledding, skiing, and getting himself into good shape, which may also help with his stress. Gain fitness slowly!

Check your current diet against our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet, DRINK WATER!

EVERYDAY DISCOUNT:

Q: Carol/FL I am fat, have fibromyalgia (8 years, not getting better), have fungally nails but also I saw squiggly things in the toilet yesterday so I think I have parasites too. I feel disgusting and need your help.

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Parasites and fungus are often co-habitating and if she is overweight, she is clearly feeding them well. This is fixable but requires habit changes.

To address parasites, fungus, viruses AND bacterial overgrowth, I recommend our ANTI-PARASITE ROTATION REGIMEN using FigtreeVitamins’ PARASITE PACKAGE, and check your current diet against our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet, which is intended to prevent fungal, parasitic and other microbial overgrowth by helping to starve toxic microbes by omitting the foods and beverages that help them thrive.

WITH FIGTree Vitamins SYSTEMIC CLEANSING Package for several months; the package is out of stock but it is anticipated to be available again by November 1. FIGTreeVitamins.com PROBIOTIC ENTERIC and FIGTreeVitamins.com HERBAL BOWEL CLEANSE 2-part system during this month too; however, this is optional by now)

Read about parasites in our article, in the Reference Center, called PARASITES IN A NUTSHELL (be sure to link onto additional article links at the bottom of the article.

BEFORE YOU CAN READ REFERENCE CENTER ARTICLES, if you have not already become a FREE Member, we invite you to REGISTER (and each time you visit thereafter, be sure to LOG-IN each time you visit FIGTREE LIVE.com, so that you can access all of the features on our site. 

Dr. Omar Amin

Parasitology Center, Inc. PARASITE TEST

11445 E. Via Linda, # 2-419

Scottsdale, AZ 85259-2638

Phone: 480-767-2522

Fax: 480-767-5855

TEST TO PURCHASE: Comprehensive Stool Analysis Test

DATES TO COLLECT (depending upon when you receive the test via mail)…

It is too late to collect for THIS MONTH, so in NOVEMBER, collect between the 22nd and the 24th; in DECEMBER, collect between the 21st and 23rd.

Dr. Helen Pensanti has said she would be happy to be your referral doctor, so on the documentation you submit with your stool samples, please tell them to send the results via email to Helen Pensanti, MD, hp@askdrhelen.com. She will share the results with all of us and we can make recommendations then. BE SURE TO EMAIL US TO LET US KNOW YOU SUBMITTED YOUR SPECIMENS so that all of us know to expect the test results from the Parasitology Center! If you will email VICKI@FIGTREELIVE.COM, I will alert all of the doctors to expect results soon.

EVERYDAY DISCOUNT:

News You Can Use! Friday October 26, 2018 with DocJon & Vicki

Eating More Organic Food Tied to Lower Cancer Risk

October 22, 2018

A higher frequency of eating organic food was associated with a reduced risk for cancer, according to results from a large population-based observational study published online October 22 in JAMA Internal Medicine. “Promoting organic food consumption in the general population could be a promising preventive strategy against cancer,” conclude the authors, led by Julia Baudry, PhD, of the Center of Research in Paris.

“For overall health, current evidence indicates that the benefits of consuming conventionally grown produce are likely to outweigh the possible risks from pesticide exposure. Concerns over pesticide risks should not discourage intake of conventional fruits and vegetables, especially because organic produce is often expensive and inaccessible to many populations,” they write.

DISCUSSION: CERTIFIED organic foods are supposed to be free of pesticides, are from non-GMO seed, etc., so when it comes to grain-based and most produce, CERTIFIED organic is a much better way to go, especially for those with any kind of auto-immune disease or disorder. I just read an article, that I will post, stating that people taking ACE Inhibitors are causing lung cancer but we will research that and report later.

Restless Legs Tied to Suicide Even in the Absence of Depression

October 25, 2018

Restless leg syndrome (RLS) is strongly linked to suicidal thoughts and behavior, even in the absence of depression, new research shows. “Restless leg syndrome is not just some annoying thing; it’s a real disease that causes real suffering,” Brian B. Koo, MD, associate professor of neurology, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, told Medscape Medical News. “Restless leg should not be taken lightly,” he said. Data from previous studies show that RLS is associated with cardiovascular disease and depression. “Now, we know it’s associated with suicide attempts and suicide ideation,” said Koo.

Low Iron?

RLS is a chronic sensori-motor disorder characterized by an unrelenting urge to move the legs, most often at night. It’s not clear what causes the condition. Some studies have indicated an association with low levels of iron in the brain, and others have suggested that dopamine may play a role, said Koo. He is currently conducting research to see whether stress hormones are involved. The condition occurs more often in women than men, at a ratio of about 2 to 1, said Koo.

DISCUSSION: A multi-mineral, such as FIGTreeVitamins.com MULTIMINERAL COMPLEX Ultra Tablets (2 upon rising and 2 at bedtime daily), along with extra Magnesium, such as Taurate or FIGTreeVitamins MAGNESIUM GLYCINATE (Take 1 capsule per day upon rising; may take another at bedtime), usually resolve RLS, but fixing your diet is important too. Sugar and starchy foods cause mineral deficiencies. We suggest following our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet.

Grief Tied to Death ~ Dying of a Broken Heart Is a Real Phenomenon

October 25, 2018

The death of a loved one is a tragic and ultimately unavoidable experience that we all eventually face. Stories of spouses dying within days or even hours of each other are not uncommon. This study may help explain why. Researchers from Rice University, Houston, Texas, found that individuals who struggle to overcome grief caused by the loss of a loved one may experience levels of inflammation high enough to cause heart damage.

“I was struck by how often people who had lost a loved one, like a spouse, were at much greater risk of suffering an often fatal heart attack than other people. They seemed to literally be ‘dying of a broken heart.’ I wanted to understand why this was the case,” said the investigator, who is an assistant professor of psychological sciences at Rice University, told Medscape Medical News. “In a previous paper, we found inflammation was significantly higher in bereaved individuals. In this study, what we looked at is if level of bereavement could predict those most at risk.”

DISCUSSION: Often talk about care-giver spouses or children prone to illness too, because they are not taking care of themselves. FIGTreeVitamins.com MULTIMINERAL COMPLEX Ultra Tablets and EXTRA STRENGTH BETA GLUCAN slow release tablets, FIGTreeVitamins.com 100% pure, soy-free COQ10 200MG per softgel (1 upon rising; may repeat midday). FIGTreeVitamins.com PROBIOTIC ENTERIC, 35 Billion CFU Capsules (1-2 at bedtime EMPTY STOMACH) for gastrointestinal concerns.

Lavender‘s Anti-anxiety Effects Nothing to Sniff At

October 25, 2018

The scent of lavender has long been thought to have calming, anti-anxiety effects, but the biological mechanism behind this phenomenon has been something of a mystery, until now. Researchers in Japan found that the vaporized lavender compound linalool triggers a relaxing effect by directly stimulating olfactory sensory neurons.

For linalool to be used clinically in humans, the mechanism of linalool’s anti anxiety effects need to be established. Findings from a new study provide a “foundation towards clinical application of linalool odor for anxiety disorders,” the investigators write. The study was published online October 23 in Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience, called a “Soothing Scent.” The researchers say it is notable that the animals’ movements did not become impaired after the animals smelled linalool. By contrast, benzodiazepines and linalool injections had effects on movement that were similar to those caused by alcohol.

DISCUSSION: Grow lavender in your garden or in pots and ENJOY the whole herb! It is annoying that science thinks isolating one constituent in an herb is better than using the whole herb! More than likely, this is going to support a soon to be released prescription drug, another anti-depressant that is NOT an SSRI, but will be used in conjunction with an SSRI…we shall see.

How Caffeine from Coffee Can Reduce Your Rosacea Symptoms

Researchers say polyphenols in caffeinated coffee can mitigate rosacea effects. A new study has found that increasing your caffeinated coffee consumption can reduce your risk of rosacea, a chronic inflammatory skin disease characterized by flushing and redness.“This is certainly a surprising finding. While we believed that hot beverages were rosacea triggers, coffee is not something that’s been on our radar as ‘good’ for rosacea,” Dr. Rajani Katta, a board-certified dermatologist and author of “Glow: The Dermatologist’s Guide to a Whole Foods Younger Skin Diet,” told Healthline. Coffee has previously been seen as a trigger for rosacea because the heat from the beverage can induce symptom flares. However, the study authors found the polyphenols in caffeinated coffee could mitigate those effects at doses of four servings per day.

DISCUSSION: Caffeine obviously shrinks blood vessels, which for some can actually be dangerous, so using FIGTreeVitamins.com ULTRA PROTEO-ZIMES  Enteric Proteolytic Systemic Oral Enzymes (PSOEs) for systemic. cleansing (3-5 upon rising and 3-5 at bedtime EMPTY STOMACH).

Gum disease linked to higher blood pressure

(Reuters Health) UPDATED OCTOBER 25, 2018 / 12:14 PM /

Poor oral health makes it harder to for people with hypertension to manage their blood pressure, a new study suggests. Among people being treated for hypertension (high blood pressure), those with gum disease had average blood pressure readings 2 to 3 mmHg (milligrams of mercury) higher than those without gum disease and were less likely to have their pressure under control with medication.

“Recent literature suggests that poor oral health is associated with several highly prevalent conditions, such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, stroke, and obesity, and that it is related with increased mortality,” Dr. Davide Pietrilloi from the San Salvatore University Hospital, in Italy told Reuters Health.

DISCUSSION: Toxins are introduced directly into the bloodstream through your mouth, sublingually under the tongue, so this makes sense! So, keep your mouth clean! FIGTreeVitamins.com 100% pure, soy-free COQ10 200MG (1 upon rising and 1 midday) AND FIGTreeVitamins.com BONE SUPPORT Tablets (3 upon rising and 3 at bedtime, EMPTY STOMACH) closes up pockets. Keep FIGTreeVitamins.com OREGANO OIL Wild-crafted Mediterranean on hand and squirt it onto your toothbrush to destroy toxins on the brush and on your teeth. Oral B electric toothbrush.

Heart attacks more likely when weather is frigid

OCTOBER 24, 2018

(Reuters Health) – Heart attacks occur more often when temperatures plummet, a large new study suggests.

Based on more than a decade and a half of medical and weather data, researchers linked an increased incidence of heart attacks to lower air temperatures, lower atmospheric pressure, higher wind velocity and shorter durations of sunshine, according to the report in JAMA Cardiology.

What’s unique about the new study, said its senior author, is that “all heart attacks occurring in a whole country have been followed for 16 years with weather data for the day the heart attack occurred.” Dr. David Erlinge, head of cardiology at Lund University Hospital in Sweden, told Reuters Health, “We had data on more than 280,000 heart attacks and 3 million weather data points.” While lower air temperature, lower atmospheric air pressure, higher wind velocity and shorter sunshine duration all were associated with statistically meaningful increased risk of heart attack, the most pronounced effect was from temperature. The researchers found a higher incidence of heart attack on days with air temperatures below freezing. So, why would cold temperatures raise the risk of heart attack? “Colder temperatures increase vasoconstriction in the arteries which causes them to clamp down,” “In someone with 70 to 80 percent blocked arteries – which might not be causing any symptoms normally – the arteries can be clamped down enough that the blood supply doesn’t match demand.” Cold can also increase clotting, so don’t go outside and shovel the driveway then come inside and drink hot cocoa.

DISCUSSION: FIGTreeVitamins.com ULTRA PROTEO-ZIMES  Enteric Proteolytic Systemic Oral Enzymes (PSOEs) for systemic. cleansing (3-5 upon rising and 3-5 at bedtime EMPTY STOMACH) aids with dissolving plaque build-up in veins and arteries, organs, muscle and elsewhere; however, cannot be used with prescription blood thinners. We are out of time, so email us for more information! info@figtreelive.com

Show Notes Thursday, October 25, 2018 with Dr. Walker

CALL 844-855-2006

TEXT 252-316-2117

EMAIL: Info@FIGTreeLive.com

SUBJECT OF THE DAY

PARASITES & What Not

Since you can see the full moon up above, we are talking about parasites today! There are thousands of parasites that negatively affect humans and pets.

Dr. Lorna ~ Roundworms, Pinworms, Tapeworms; most are in the small or large intestine, some are in the brain, some your liver, etc. They can negatively affect the brain and there may be no symptoms until there are seizures. Travel outside of the country, or even our porous borders suggest that people should test for parasites every few years, or whenever they are sick.

Not washing hands, contaminated food or water, undercooked meat, fish or poultry…pets and kids get them from dirt in the yard. Clean countertops, produce, etc. Cook meats thoroughly. If cleaning up after pets, use gloves, then wash hands. Keep kitchen and bathrooms clean.

Iron deficiency anemia, unsatisfied no matter how much you eat, etc.

PEOPLE HAVE TO GET INTO THE HABIT OF LOOKING IN THEIR TOILET WHEN FINISHED HAVING A BOWEL MOVEMENT! Stool appearances, parasites swimming around in the toilet, color of stool, etc. can tell you what may be wrong.

Three days to one week, before testing for parasites, PLEASE, eat lighter foods (chicken, fish and veggies) so that it is easier to find parasites in lighter stool samples than darker (no chocolate!).

PARASITOLOGY CENTER IN SCOTTSDALE, AZ

Dr. Omar Amin

It is too late to collect for October, so in November, collect between November 22-24; in December, collect between December 21 and 23.

Dr. Helen Pensanti has said she would be happy to be your referral doctor, so on the documentation you submit with your stool samples, please tell them to send the results via email to Helen Pensanti, MD, hp@askdrhelen.com. She will share the results with all of us and we can make recommendations then. BE SURE TO EMAIL US TO LET US KNOW YOU SUBMITTED YOUR SPECIMENS so that all of us know to expect the test results from the Parasitology Center! If you will email VICKI@FIGTREELIVE.COM, I will alert all of the doctors to expect results soon.

Show Notes Saturday, October 20, 2018 with Dr. Lorna Walker

EMAILS AND POSTS

Q: Kate/AL I was having trouble sleeping and got the sleep package from figtreevitamins.com but am confused how much to take. I took 1 of each but it wasn’t enough. Then I took 4 of the tryptophan and 4 of the melatonin under the tongue and slept REALLY GOOD but it was hard to wake up. What’s the secret to sleeping at night and waking up in the morning? Also, if I am stressed at work, is it ok to take it during the day?

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Discussed methylation cycle using magnesium and SAM-e.

The FIGTreeVitamins.com SLEEPY TIME Package is one of the most popular packages FIGTree Vitamins carries. It contains ONE BOTTLE EACH Extra Strength Beta Glucan, 250mg, 60 Tabs, L-Tryptophan, 120 Tabs, Melatonin sublingual (orange) 5mg, 200 tablets.

You did not say whether you are taking the beta glucan or not, but I would be doing that this time of year in preparation for winter.

Since 1 of each was not enough and 4 of each was too much, try 2 L-Tryptophan about 30 minutes before bedtime, then place 2 of the sublingual melatonins under your tongue about 10 minutes before bedtime (or if you read or watch television before you roll over to sleep, just use the melatonin when you get into bed).

Also, try not eating anything at least 2-3 hours before bedtime and, even then, make it something very light, like a salad, yogurt or something like that.

You should fall asleep fairly easily, then if you get up during the night, you should fall back to sleep easily and wake up refreshed and not foggy like you probably did with 4+4. You are able to take UP TO 6 L-Tryptophans daily, so if you only take 2 before bedtime, you may be able to take 1-2 during the day, but please only do that on a day that you are NOT working so that you know how you respond. People who tend to become stressed NORMALLY (not always) do well taking 2 for bedtime, then 1 upon arrival to work and, if necessary, another one after lunch. Please do not take any L-Tryptophan before driving or operating machinery until you know how you respond. Reserve the melatonin only for bedtime.

EVERYDAY DISCOUNT:

SHOW CALLER DISCOUNT:

Get 15% off PLUS free shipping, for three months, on all products that FIGTree Vitamins sells every day by calling the show, Wednesday through Saturday (844-855-2006) and get your own private/personalized Coupon Code to use during checkout; use the product links, or see all products at the FIGTREE VITAMINS STORE, or call Gary to order by telephone ~ 210-504-9906!

Q: Grace/AL What alternative therapies can be used to treat migraine?

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Magnesium and yoga plus relaxation training. Many studies have demonstrated doing this is as effective or more effective for treatment of migraine as medications. This training takes more time and effort than using a medication, but once learned, it is free, can be used whenever the patient wishes, and has no negative side effects.

Migraine and histamine go hand in hand…can be allergies, hormone imbalance, SIBO, etc. Try some DAO and also go on a Low Histamine Diet: Read Dr. Lorna’s article in the Reference Center:  High Histamine / Low

HISTAMINE INTOLERANCE LIST/Diet for those who are unable to live without antihistamines every day, triggering your mast cells to release histamine.

BEFORE YOU CAN READ REFERENCE CENTER ARTICLES, if you have not already become a FREE Member, we invite you to REGISTER (and each time you visit thereafter, be sure to LOG-IN each time you visit FIGTREE LIVE.com, so that you can access all of the features on our site.

Q: Liz/TX What restless legs syndrome? What causes it and how can I fix it without drugs. Can it be cured?

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Magnesium Taurate is calming, so take at bedtime and daytime. Magnesium is necessary for breaking down histamine. SAM-e also can help with magnesium. Gluten and dairy are excite-neurotoxin.

Restless Leg Syndrome is a disorder characterized by an unpleasant tickling or twitching sensation in the leg muscles when sitting or lying down, which is relieved only by moving the legs.

The cause of restless legs syndrome is usually unknown. Experts think that RLS may be connected to how the brain uses dopamine and iron. Genetics also plays a role. About half of people with restless legs syndrome have a family member with it.

The first recommendation is extra magnesium; however, RLS can also be caused by multiple mineral deficiencies, so a good mineral complex, such as a combination of FIGTreeVitamins.com MULTIMINERAL COMPLEX Ultra Tablets (2 upon rising and 2 at bedtime daily) for heart, emotional, and cramping, PMS or Perimenopause, hot flashes, cramping, toes, calves, etc.).

WITH

Magnesium Taurate or FIGTreeVitamins MAGNESIUM GLYCINATE for natural stress, anxiety and muscle relaxation (Take 1 capsule per day upon rising; may take another at bedtime)

EVERYDAY DISCOUNT:

SHOW CALLER DISCOUNT:

Get 15% off PLUS free shipping, for three months, on all products that FIGTree Vitamins sells every day by calling the show, Wednesday through Saturday (844-855-2006) and get your own private/personalized Coupon Code to use during checkout; use the product links, or see all products at the FIGTREE VITAMINS STORE, or call Gary to order by telephone ~ 210-504-9906!

Q: Herman Posted Under CKD (Chronic Kidney Disease): I never miss your show. You guys are great and I appreciate the information you give us every day. 

I used to drink a lot but haven’t in 20 plus years. In my 50’s I decided to try to eat healthy and I work out. I am age 71 now and the only medicine I take is a statin for cholesterol and Omeprazole from Walmart. I had to take Cipro several years ago for an infection but other than penicillin when I was a kid, nothing else.

I went to a functional medicine doctor after my GFR was low (61) and my GP said I have kidney disease. The FM doctor says I have some heavy metal poisoning (lead, arsenic and aluminum) and had me do a water test at my house. It showed a lot of metals and chemicals, as well as bacteria (high e. coli and giardia). He encouraged me to get an RO water system for my well system. I can’t afford to continue seeing him, am on a fixed income now. What can I do to clean my body?

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Address the heavy metals and microbes in his water. A RO system is not cheap but treating the renal disease is more expensive and can shorten his life.

There are many different causes of chronic kidney disease and a low glomerular filtration rate. Heavy metal and chemical poisoning is certainly one. Without knowing your entire medical history, it would be difficult for us to make specific recommendations. Other causes of chronic kidney disease include: diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, nephritis, glomerulonephritis, an enlarged prostate, smoking, kidney stones, and frequent or ongoing infections. I am assuming that your doctor is treating the E. Coli and Giardia, as well as the heavy metal toxicity.  If you have any of these risk factors they should be addressed.

There is an article in the Reference Center on KIDNEY HEALTH that you may find informative. A RAW CLEANSE would be a good place to start. Just click on the respective link to be taken to the article. Of course, the source of the heavy metals/chemicals needs to be discovered and eliminated. Can also consume whole grains with Raw Cleanse. Limit or eliminate animal proteins for now, as it is easier to digest veggies and whole grains than animal protein.

Thank you for posting, Herman; you and two others have complained about CKD in the past few months, so we discussed this in depth on yesterday’s show; we encourage you to listen to the SHOW ARCHIVES, and choose Friday, October 19, 2018; also check the SHOW NOTES FOR OCTOBER  for links to various articles and products.

Q: Phyllis/Pensacola ~ I’ve heard you talk about beta gluecan and saw a commercial that Quaker Oats oatmeal has it in it. Can’t I just eat that?

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Must be organic; it is unlikely that Quaker Oats are organic, they are often sprayed with glyphosate (Round-Up) to dry up. All grains should be organic.

Various amounts of beta glucan can be derived from whole oats, mushrooms and yeast. Oats are the cheapest and least effective source of beta glucan, as you would never be able to consume enough oatmeal each day to equal what the body needs, and it must be whole oats, or steel cut oats, and not processed oatmeal like Quaker Oats sells. I doubt you would want to eat a dozen or so bowls of whole oatmeal to get a fraction of what you get in FIGTreeVitamins EXTRA STRENGTH BETA GLUCAN slow release tablets.. Likewise, while mushrooms do contain some beta glucan, they contain nowhere near as much as a person needs to enhance proper immune system function as beta glucan derived from yeast. This is why, after decades of experience with all forms of beta glucan, we recommend only that derived from yeast, and only certain types that are proven to work well, which is why we recommend FIGTreeVitamins EXTRA STRENGTH BETA GLUCAN slow release tablets.

After shows, sometimes a call will come in and want to know how to contact us; FIGTreeLive.com is an Internet based company, so you may email us (info@figtreelive.com), chat with us on the Live Chat Forum (HEALTH CHAT) or snail mail (call the show, 844-855-2006 and Dee will provide you with a mailing address).

Insoluble fiber aids with detoxifying the intestines, even if you are histamine intolerant; use FIGTreeVitamins.com FIBER CELLULOSE at bedtime mixed in water; may use upon rising and at bedtime if necessary. Also, FIGTreeVitamins.com HERBAL BOWEL CLEANSE 2-part system (2 capsules from the a.m. bottle upon rising and 2 capsules from the PM bottle at bedtime, empty stomach). Also recommended is FIGTreeVitamins.com PROBIOTIC ENTERIC, 35 Billion CFU Capsules (1-2 at bedtime EMPTY STOMACH) for gastrointestinal concerns.

Also, avocados contain fat that changes the omega-3 vs omega-6 in your body, so avocados are excellent for those with high cholesterol.

EVERYDAY DISCOUNT:

SHOW CALLER DISCOUNT:

Q: Mikayla/NV I think I have parasites and I know I have fungus because some of my nails have green on top of them, so I need something to put on them. I live and work in Las Vegas and probably drink more than I should too. I could fix my diet. What should I do first?

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Drinking alcohol and maybe changing diet suggests she knows she needs to change her diet. Candida changes sugar to alcohol to acetylaldehyde. She is building up toxins from the fungal overgrowth and drinking alcohol makes it impossible to resolve this. As you try to eliminate fungal and/or parasitic toxins, your body will have a HERXHEIMER Die-Off. Discussed what die off is.

Change diet first, checking your diet against our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet, and eliminate alcohol, then try cleansing with Anti-parasite rotation regimen.

The full moon is on Wednesday, October 24th, so pay attention to yourself and those around you this weekend through the following weekend … parasites may be involved in those who are out of control emotionally, diet-wise and just generally different from their usual selves.

Read about parasites in our article, in the Reference Center, called PARASITES IN A NUTSHELL (be sure to link onto additional article links at the bottom of the article, such as our ANTI-PARASITE ROTATION REGIMEN using FigtreeVitamins’ PARASITE PACKAGE, and continue following our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet, which is intended to prevent fungal, parasitic and other microbial overgrowth by helping to starve toxic microbes by omitting the foods and beverages that help them thrive.

This specifically chosen combination of products naturally kills parasites without the long-term harmful effects that can come from using prescription antiparasitic drugs, PLUS, they also address fungal overgrowth, so it is a two for one deal.

BEFORE YOU CAN READ AND ACCESS REFERENCE CENTER ARTICLES, if you have not already become a FREE Member, we invite you to REGISTER (and each time you visit thereafter, be sure to LOG-IN each time you visit FIGTREE LIVE.com, so that you can access all of the features, including diets, cleanses, regimens and health articles in the Reference Center, chat with others in the Live Chat Forums, play with the health tools, check out surgical videos and all of the other features on the website! Just use the pull-down menu by placing your mouse over MEMBER RESOURCES on the green bar across the top of the Home Page at FIGTreeLIVE.com.

Dr. Omar Amin

IN November and December 2018:

Collect stool samples on November 22 and 24  or if you wait until December, collect stool samples on December 21 and 23.

EVERYDAY DISCOUNT:

SHOW CALLER DISCOUNT:

Show Notes Friday, October 19, 2018 with Dr. Walker

SUBJECT OF THE DAY

CKD (Chronic Kidney Disease)

Dr. Lorna ~ What do the kidneys do and what happens when they do not function properly. Liver and kidneys filter out the junk from our bodies (waste from our diet, metals and chemicals we absorb from water, foods and environment, etc.). The kidneys clean the water in our bodies, including from blood, aiding with red blood cell production, aids with proper absorption of vitamins, minerals and amino acids. You can live a normal life with just one kidney but you cannot survive without at least one.

Kidney disease is on the rise, most likely due to:

#1 cause is Type 2 diabetes because high blood sugar causes glucose to attach to arteries, kidneys, liver (causing fatty liver), etc.

#2 high blood pressure; kidneys produce a hormone that aid in proper blood pressure.

#3 any autoimmune disease, such as lupus, Crohn’s, cancer, etc.

#4 obesity increases chances of developing the first 3.

#5 high dose statins, PPIs and other medications also cause kidney (as well as liver) disease. Also, OTC Tylenol, aspirin and other NSAIDs, antacids, etc.

When a person has difficulty urinating, such as prostate inflammation, kidney stones, coronary artery disease, prevents the proper detoxification of urine. REQUIRES WATER to flush toxins. Urine color should be light yellow (not from B-vitamins) and not brownish or reddish, indicating liver or blood disorder. If dark yellow, you are dehydrated. Alcoholics often land in the ER from dehydration and kidney failure because alcohol dehydrates and does not hydrate.

Usually, by the time symptoms present, you have compromised kidney function. Nausea, vomiting, appetite loss, insomnia, changes in urination, muscle cramping, itching, chest pain, etc. Often also linked to osteoporosis.

Blood work that shows kidney disease, despite no symptoms (if you are over 40, or if you take prescription and/or over-the-counter medications regularly, please ask for all three of):

BUN (blood urea nitrogen) increased; can be from dehydration

Creatinine (breakdown of proteins) increase causes muscle and kidney damage

GFR (Glomerular Filtration Rate) measures filtration level of kidneys, which indicates your body’s ability to detoxify excess nutrients, metals, chemicals, etc.

Dialysis

Employs a machine (artificial kidney) that filters/cleans waste from your body for hours several times per week. For instance, high potassium levels can cause your heart to stop beating. A port is inserted into the body (and remains there) and cleanse your blood in the machine, then the cleaned blood is returned into the body. The machine is not as efficient as kidneys that work properly but it can keep you alive until you receive a kidney transplant. Most people die waiting for a kidney transplant because they simply are not detoxifying their bodies properly.

If you have diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, auto-immune disease, change diet and get exercise to prevent kidney damage and disease. This starts with controlling diet (especially sodium and potassium) and consuming sufficient water to flush toxins. This usually involves low protein diet but no simple carbohydrates (stick with non-starchy vegetables).

Always check your water source; use reverse osmosis water system if you have high GFR numbers and only consume organic foods because if you have kidney disease, what you put into your mouth and what surrounds you in your environment, matters!

Show Notes Saturday, October 13, 2018 with Dr. Lorna Walker

EMAILS AND POSTS

Q: Benjamin/GA Are Short Workouts worth the effort? I am 80 lbs overweight and started walking but am unable to go far because of my knees and hips. I don’t have the time for long workouts but I will walk 20-30 minutes most days. If it’s not worth it, though, why bother? Am I better off having gastric bypass?

A: Dr. Lorna ~ All exercise is worth it and they may require you to lose a certain amount of weight before surgery, through exercise and change of diet. Cannot recommend gastric bypass unless you are hundreds of pounds overweight. Over-eaters Anonymous.

It is worth moving, regardless of how much you are able to manage. When you lose more weight, your stamina will become greater and you will be able to walk longer and further.

Naturally, longer is better, but you can get by with quick bouts of activity when that’s all you can manage. The CDC suggests 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity each week (like walking or biking at a medium-fast pace), plus two sessions of muscle-strengthening exercise. Several 10 minute bursts of exercise each day can get you to this goal, help you lose weight AND help keep you fit.

Check your current diet against our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet and may fill in nutritional deficiencies with FIGTreeVitamins.com BASIC WELLNESS PACKAGE, which contains a total of 5 products: 1 bottle Whole Food Multi-Vitamin 60 tablets, 1 bottle Mineral Complex Ultra 250 tablets, 1 Bottle Beta Glucan (100mg), 60 capsules, 1 bottle Vitamin C 1000 Buffered, 90 Tablets, 1 bottle Probiotic Enteric-coat, 60 capsules.

EVERYDAY DISCOUNT:

SHOW CALLER DISCOUNT:

Q: Mark/Pensacola I am really worried about our water. You talk pretty often about water and city tap water. Is it safe to drink straight out of the tap?

A: Maybe, but it doesn’t hurt to have it checked; there are water kits available at Home Depot or online. The U.S. has some of the safest drinking water in the world. Unless your water comes from a small community system or private well, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) checks it closely for bacteria and harmful chemicals like lead. If you are on a community system or private well please send off water samples to your lab (regularly) and I personally recommend advanced filtration.

Q: Kelsey W/CA Is High Fructose Corn Syrup really worse than sugar? TV ads say otherwise. Calories look the same to me and I like the sweeter taste of HFCS.

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Glucose is your natural blood sugar; they come from plants that are not processed. HFCS enters your blood stream rapidly, but your body cannot recognize it as a real food, so it can cause organs to perform improperly. Cells can take in glucose and process it properly. Cells cannot process HFCS, It cannot be processed in the small intestine and enters the blood into the liver and stores as fat.

Those ads are paid for by the manufacturers of HFCS, so I would not necessarily trust them. By 2020, non-alcholic fatty liver disease will be the #1 cause of liver transplants.

Q: Frank/VA My Cholesterol is inching up. Does cholesterol in food count, like in eggs, cheese and ice cream? I don’t want to take statins.

A: Dr. Lorna ~ About 70% of the population is not effected by cholesterol in diet. The other 30% are called “responders,” and their cholesterol increases when they eat high cholesterol diets. Cholesterol does NOT cause disease. Your body could not function without cholesterol and it is but ONE of many markers for indicating heart disease or stroke risk. In Dr. L’s opinion, when cholesterol oxidizes, due to inflammatory diet and lifestyle, is when it can cause problems.  White sugar, white flour, white rice, packaged and refined foods, high-sodium canned foods cause problems.

LDL cholesterol is “fluffy” cholesterol is caused by those types of foods. If your LDL is high and HDL is low, consider privately measuring your cholesterol with:

NMR LIPOPROFILE  with graph (Lab Corp

CARDIO IQ Lipo Protein PDF (Quest Lab)

Will need your doctor to order these OR check for these tests through MYMEDLAB.com   

Small and dense cholesterol is bad cholesterol and they are the ones that damage arteries and cause inflammation. Light and fluffy cholesterol that is good; olive and fish oil, are good fats.

Q: I’m about to deliver and I am really concerned about vaccines. Do Vaccines Cause Autism Spectrum Disorder?

A: Dr. Lorna ~ not going to disparage all vaccines; some are necessary, but many people react to the adjuvants in them.

The vaccine manufactures and the CDC say no. VACCINES: ALL IN ONE 

EVERYDAY DISCOUNT:

SHOW CALLER DISCOUNT:

Q: Is Microwaved Food dead?

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Not convinced they are horribly save but also not consider them entirely safe. Preferably, cook conventionally when able and consuming raw produce, over steamed or nuked in a microwave.

Reheat those leftovers. Microwaves don’t make food “radioactive.” All your microwave does is make the water molecules in food move, which creates friction that heats it up. Microwaves do create a small magnetic field but a lot of work goes into making sure there’s not enough to cause problems. Just don’t use one with a damaged door.

EVERYDAY DISCOUNT:

SHOW CALLER DISCOUNT:

Q: Do Cell Phones Cause Brain Cancer?

A: Dr. Lorna ~ There is preliminary evidence that regular cell phone use causes brain tumors. Until there is a definitive answer, use a headset.

A recent study, found a link between a specific type of brain tumor called a glioma and heavy cell phone use. If you’re worried, wear a headset, use the speaker, and limit your phone time. Blue Tooth has a different wave, but cell phones have a wave frequency that causes glioma.

EVERYDAY DISCOUNT:

SHOW CALLER DISCOUNT:

Q: Can I Be Fat and Healthy?

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Slightly overweight (less than 10% over proper body weight) is supposed to help the elderly and very thin elderly tend to be less healthy, especially if they have surgery or take medications. Reductionist studies do not take into consideration the entire picture of a person’s health. Being stronger is more important than being thin, especially in the elderly. Prescriptions also play a role in the elderly, since elderly tend to be prescribed more drugs.

One study said heavier people may outlive lighter folks, but most research shows that those who carry extra pounds are more likely to get heart disease, cancer or die before thinner folks. Your best bet: Do what you can to get healthy. Stay active every day and eat a balanced diet. Lose some weight if you need to.

Check your current diet against our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet.

EVERYDAY DISCOUNT:

SHOW CALLER DISCOUNT:

News You Can Use! Friday October 12, 2018 with DocJon & Vicki

News & Discussion!

Ladyfingers Gourmet to Go Voluntarily Recalls Signature Shaved Country Ham Rolls Due to Possible Health Risk
FDA press release  7 October 2018

Ladyfingers Caterers is voluntarily recalling its Signature Shaved Country Ham Rolls as a result of the Johnston County Hams recall. The rolls were made with ham produced by Johnston County Hams, which recently initiated a recall of its ham products due to possible contamination with Listeria. Listeria can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.

There has been one reported illness for this recall.

On October 3, 2018, Ladyfingers was notified by Johnston County Hams that ham produced from April 3, 2017 through October 3, 2018 may have been contaminated. Therefore, (Ladyfingers catering said) we are recalling all Signature Shaved Country Ham Rolls that are currently in the market.

DISCUSSION:

Most Common Sources of Listeria

• Ready-to-eat deli meats and hot dogs

• Refrigerated pâtés or meat spreads

• Unpasteurized (raw) milk and dairy products

• Soft cheese made with unpasteurized milk, such as queso fresco, Feta, Brie, Camembert

• Refrigerated smoked seafood

• Raw sprouts

Incubation period

3-70 days

Symptoms

• Fever

• Stiff neck

• Confusion

• Weakness

• Vomiting sometimes preceded by diarrhea

Duration of Illness

Days to Weeks

Most at Risk

• Older adults

• Pregnant women

• People with weakened immune systems

• Organ transplant patients who are receiving drugs to prevent the body from rejecting the organ

• People with certain diseases, such as:

• HIV/AIDS or other autoimmune diseases

• Cancer

• End-stage renal disease

• Liver disease

• Alcoholism

• Diabetes

What to Do

Seek medical attention, particularly if pregnant to mitigate problems for baby

How to Prevent Listeria Contamination

• Do not drink raw (unpasteurized) milk, and do not eat foods that have unpasteurized milk in them.

• Wash hands, knives, countertops, and cutting boards after handling and preparing uncooked foods.

• Rinse raw produce thoroughly under running tap water before eating.

• Keep uncooked meats, poultry, and seafood separate from vegetables, fruits, cooked foods, and ready-to-eat foods.

• Thoroughly cook raw food from animal sources, such as meat, poultry, or seafood to a safe internal temperature.

• Wash hands, knives, countertops, and cutting boards after handling and preparing uncooked foods.

• Consume perishable and ready-to-eat foods as soon as possible.

Persons in higher risk groups should heat hot dogs, cold cuts, and deli meats before eating them.

Intermittent Fasting Can Reverse Type 2 Diabetes in Some Cases

BMJ Release
October 10, 2018

Therapeutic intermittent fasting may help eliminate the need for insulin and other glucose-lowering medications in patients with type 2 diabetes, a new case series suggests.

Findings from three cases were published online October 9 in BMJ Case Reports by doctors, of the  Department of Family Medicine at the University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and their colleagues.

The three patients had all been referred to an intensive dietary management clinic and were taking at least 70 units/day of insulin. After several months of intermittent fasting — either on alternate days or three times weekly — all three were able to discontinue insulin while improving their glycemic control. They also lost substantial amounts of body weight and had reduced waist circumferences.

“Medically supervised, therapeutic fasting regimens can help reverse type 2 diabetes and minimize the use of pharmacological and possibly surgical interventions in patients with type 2 diabetes”.

DISCUSSION: Actually, type 2 diabetes can be reversed in a LOT of cases, especially when not insulin dependent, which means your pancreas is dead.

We recommend following our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST and drinking plenty of water to help flush toxins from the body. That alone should help you lose weight and stabilize your blood sugar. BEFORE YOU CAN READ REFERENCE CENTER ARTICLES, if you have not already become a FREE Member, we invite you to REGISTER (and each time you visit thereafter, be sure to LOG-IN each time you visit FIGTREE LIVE.com, so that you can access all of the features on our site.

FIGTreeVitamins.com GLUCOSE SUPPORT Capsules (2 upon rising and 2 at bedtime) for blood sugar concerns. Also consider FIGTreeVitamins.com PROBIOTIC ENTERIC, 35 Billion CFU Capsules (1 at bedtime EMPTY STOMACH).

Diabetes is most likely caused by fungal overgrowth, usually from taking antibiotics during your lifetime without restoring beneficial flora to the gut that was killed by the antibiotics, so also following our

ANTIFUNGAL ROTATION Regimen using FIGTreeVitamins.com ANTIFUNGAL PACKAGE, is recommended too. All may be used together at their appointed times.

Those USING INSULIN should only do this with the help of a FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE DOCTOR in your area; to find a practitioner – enter city and state or zip code and how far you are willing to travel. There will be lists of naturopaths too; however, we recommend finding a D.O. or MD.

LEIGH ERIN CONNEALLY, MD  So. California

JOHN YOUNG, MD  Tampa/St. Petersburg, FL

EVERYDAY DISCOUNT:

SHOW CALLER DISCOUNT:

3a.Sweeteners Disrupt Blood Glucose Via Effects on Gut Bacteria

October 09, 2018
European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD)

Low-calorie sweeteners appear to impair glucose uptake and control by disrupting the gut microbiome, Australian researchers have shown for the first time in findings that suggest artificial sweeteners could potentially play havoc with glucose-lowering medications in patients with diabetes.

In a study of healthy individuals presented here at the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) 2018 Annual Meeting, Richard L. Young, PhD, head of the Intestinal Nutrient Sensing Group, University of Adelaide, South Australia, and colleagues showed that a low-calorie sweetener capsule altered the gut ecosystem in favor of pathogenic bacteria compared with placebo.

3b.Artificial Sweeteners May Actually Cause You to Gain Weight

HealthLine Canada

If you think switching to artificial sweeteners will help with weight loss, you may want to put down that diet soda for a moment.

A new meta-analysis published in the Canadian Medical Association Journal (CMAJ) found that artificial sweeteners may be associated with an increased risk of obesity, long-term weight gain, diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease. All Artificial sweeteners are named and that includes stevia, sucralose, aspartame and everything in the pretty pastels’ sitting in the resturant.

“Most people consuming artificial sweeteners do so assuming these products will help them avoid weight gain, diabetes, and heart disease. Yet we are seeing the opposite association from multiple studies,” Meghan Azad, PhD, told Healthline. Azad is the lead author of the study and an assistant professor at the Rady Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Manitoba.

“Based on all of the research done so far, there’s no clear evidence for a long-term benefit of using artificial sweeteners. But there is clear evidence of potential harm from the long-term consumption of artificial sweeteners,”

Artificial sweeteners are everywhere

Blood and urine samples taken from people who reported not consuming artificial sweeteners still found traces of the product.

Azad noted that studies have also found that people are exposed to artificial sweeteners without even realizing it.

NOTE: All the sweeteners are considered safe by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

DISCUSSION: We have been saying this for 2 decades now and the message does not seem to be getting through; however, if you use artificial sweeteners, please instead consider Julian Bakery 100% pure organic Monk Fruit – a little bit goes a long way. In baked goods, if you are not following one of our Rotation Regimens, use sugar or honey.

NO MAGIC PILL! Check your current diet against our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet.

4.Gluten May Be Lurking in ‘Gluten-Free’ Restaurant Food
October 08, 2018

PHILADELPHIA — Roughly one-third of “gluten-free” restaurant foods contain detectable amounts of gluten, and pizza and pasta dishes are the most likely to be contaminated, according to a new study.

“While we expected to find gluten in a large number of gluten-free restaurant foods, the magnitude of contamination was truly impressive,” said Benjamin Lerner, MD, from the Celiac Disease Center at Columbia University Medical Center in New York City.

A gluten-free diet is the mainstay of therapy for celiac disease. Restaurants are offering more gluten-free options now than ever before, but although the US Food and Drug Administration regulates packaged foods claiming to be gluten-free, there is no similar oversight for restaurants.

Gluten-free pizza was the food most likely to be contaminated with gluten (53%, followed by gluten-free pasta (51%).

DISCUSSION: Dr. Lorna has said this repeatedly; for instance, gluten free pasta is most likely still strained in a colander where regular pasta is drained and the gluten sticks to the drainage holes; it is nearly impossible to clean out, so if you have someone in your family who is gluten-intolerant and eats gluten-free, have a separate area and separate set of pots, pans and utensils used to prepare or consume their gluten-free meals. Better yet, take the entire family gluten-free. Those of you who are not gluten-intolerant can always get breads, pasta and other gluten-containing foods when you eat out.

Rare Harms Linked to Silicone Implants in New Study

Medscape medical news

October 01, 2018

Women with silicone breast implants are up to eight times more likely to be diagnosed with one of several chronic autoimmune diseases than women in the general population, and they are at significantly greater risk for other adverse outcomes, including melanoma and stillbirth, a study has shown.

The findings, published online  in the Annals of Surgery, come from a summary analysis of outcomes of nearly 100,000 patients enrolled in large post-approval studies (LPAS) that the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) required of device manufacturers as a condition of implant approval in 2006.

DISCUSSION: The silicone is floating throughout the entire body and becoming foreign substances, which is why leaking silicone implants are causing auto-immune disorders.

FIGTree Vitamins SYSTEMIC CLEANSING Package for several months; the package is out of stock but it is anticipated to be available again by November 1.

EVERYDAY DISCOUNT:

SHOW CALLER DISCOUNT:

Show Notes Thursday, October 11, 2018 with Dr. Helen Pensanti

DISCUSSION

Typhus Fever in epidemic proportions Los Angeles and Long Beach, CA; comes from fleas. Azithromycin (Z-pak) take 2 the first day, then 1 per day for 5 days. Many patients stopped taking it after the first day because they felt better. Now, Z-pak no longer works; patients ask for something stronger by the 4th day. Doxycycline is what Dr. Helen prefers; used for those who are allergic to Penacillin. Used 2 twice daily. Tetracycline may not even be available anymore. Typhoid Mary: Irish woman washed clothes for the wealthy in the late 1800’s. Everyone in one household died except Mary. When people in her new household died but she did not, the health dept determined her to be a carrier. They jailed her to control the spread of Typhus. So anyone in CA gets the fever.

Wants to talk about PCOS next show because it is becoming a widespread problem nationwide. Also, Dr. Helen is launching a YouTube show called, “What they Forgot to Teach us Sunday School.”  

EMAILS AND POSTS

Q: Perry (concerned father of a teenage (daughter)/KY: My 15 year old daughter is having depression around her periods, a lot of PMS. Is it ok if she uses the blue or red label progesterone or is there something else she needs for her PMS. What about the depression? She locks herself in her room for 2-3 days during her period because she gets mean and can’t control it.  Her mom and I just want her to feel good.

We said she could easily use the blue label but we suggested writing to you about the red…seems she suffers from that significant drop of estrogen during her period…. We also recommended FIGTree’s methylated B-complex, B6 and B12, the magnesium glycinate for cramping and depression, as well as Vitamin D drops and powdered Vitamin C along with checking her diet against our Food Choices: ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet. Dr. Helen ~ Eat berries to be merry! Berries raise the seratonin levels in the brain.

A:  Dr. Helen ~ Dr. Helen’s Blue label Bio-Identical Phyto PROGESTERONE cream (apply TWICE per day; 1/4 tsp to an inner arm, inner thigh, breast, neck or fatty area of stomach – rotate application site with each application). Dr. Lee said you can use every 30 minutes if needed until hot flashes are gone. If still menstruating, count YOUR day 1 (first day of period), then begin using the cream or pills twice per day beginning day 12 through day 26.

To order from Dr. Helen’s office, must call & leave message at 800-301-1982 or email your order to hp@askdrhelen.com (include your telephone number) and be sure to mention you are a FIGTree LIVE member to get 20% off – they will call you back for credit card information and to confirm your order.

Q: Meghan/GA I wrote a couple of months ago about getting pregnant and having our last baby, so I bought the blue progesterone from Amazon for my polycystic ovarian syndrome. How do I use it? Also, how long do I need to use the cream to get pregnant? Do I stop using it when I get pregnant?

I am also on your Antifungal diet and replaced glucophage with figtree Glucose Support and it even curbs my sugar cravings. My blood sugar has been perfect for two months – no drugs of any kind.

A: Dr. Helen ~ Blue label Bio-Identical Phyto PROGESTERONE cream (apply TWICE per day; 1/4 tsp to an inner arm, inner thigh, breast, neck or fatty area of stomach – rotate application site with each application). Dr. Helen usually recommends counting YOUR day 1 (first day of period), then begin using the cream twice per day beginning day 12 through day 26, so you should be keeping a calendar, marking it to regulate your period and make it regular. This usually takes at least 3-6 months of proper use – remember, your periods have been erratic for a long time, so it can take awhile to fix. Usually, her patients are pregnant with a few months, unless they have a blockage of some kind. Stay on the cream for at least 3 months; if concerned about miscarriage, continue through 25 weeks. Should not need it up to delivery unless deficient in progesterone.

EVERYDAY DISCOUNT:

SHOW CALLER DISCOUNT:

Q: Ken/Pensacola. My daughter, aged 17, has her period 2 weeks per month and for at least one week it is very heavy. I am a single parent (her mother is not in the picture) and only want what is best for her. I don’t think that is birth control pills, the only thing her gynecologist is offering for her. Is that the only option? I have read the side-effects and thought I heard Dr. Pensanti say a long time ago they cause cancer. Is that right? She becomes tired easily too. Thanks for your help.

A: Dr. Helen ~ Takes about 3 months of cycles but using Dr. Helen’s Blue label Bio-Identical Phyto PROGESTERONE cream (apply TWICE per day; 1/4 tsp to an inner arm, inner thigh, breast, neck or fatty area of stomach – rotate application site with each application). Dr. Lee said you can use every 30 minutes if needed until hot flashes are gone. If still menstruating, count YOUR day 1 (first day of period), then begin using the cream or pills twice per day beginning day 12 through day 26.

To order from Dr. Helen’s office, must call & leave message at 800-301-1982 or email your order to hp@askdrhelen.com (include your telephone number) and be sure to mention you are a FIGTree LIVE member to get 20% off – they will call you back for credit card information and to confirm your order.

Tired due to blood loss? We recommend following our RAW CLEANSE Diet for 1-2 weeks, followed by our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet.   

FIGTreeVitamins.com MULTIVITAMIN ONE DAILY Tablets Whole Food Vitamin/mineral supplement (1-2 daily with breakfast or lunch) to supplement meals. Take it with FIGTreeVitamins.com MULTIMINERAL COMPLEX Ultra Tablets (2 at bedtime daily) for the most comprehensive, highly absorbable supplementation of all of the nutrients your body needs and uses every day.

Plus

FIGTreeVitamins.com SPIRULINA Blue-Green Algae Tablets (3-5 upon rising and 3-5 at bedtime) for anemia – spirulina is a super food for anemia and it also aids with detoxifying the body.

FIGTreeVitamins.com VITAMIN B COMPLEX Co-enzymated Capsules are the most highly absorbable B-complex available! (1 capsule with food in the morning with breakfast or a snack, and 1 capsule at lunch or with an afternoon snack. Please do not take within 5 hours of bedtime as B-complex can keep some people awake)

with

FIGTreeVitamins.com Methylated VITAMIN B-12 3000mcg Lozenges (1 upon rising and 1 midday; allow to dissolve naturally in the mouth and absorb sublingually into the bloodstream).

EVERYDAY DISCOUNT:

SHOW CALLER DISCOUNT:

Q MurgaT  Posted under “Ask Dr. Helen Questions Here” ~ I have been listening to your replay shows and heard Dr. Helen talk about when women in menopause can suddenly have a period even after many years. She said they have younger bodies. I am 61 and flew to Colorado to take care of my 32 year old daughter who had to have surgery. Two days before my flight to Colorado, I started my period, which I haven’t had for 10 years. It lasted 5 days and stopped when my daughter was getting up and around on her own. I flew home and saw my doctor, worried about bigger problems but she didn’t find anything, tests were fine so nothing to worry about. Then I heard that show. What does Dr. Helen think of this? Is this common? I have been using her progesterone cream for years. Do I need to stop doing it? It’s a great face cream.

A:  Dr. Helen ~ Was referring to women whose periods last into their late 50’s and 60’s. Ran out of time.

EVERYDAY DISCOUNT:

SHOW CALLER DISCOUNT:

Show Notes Wednesday, October 10, 2018 with Dr. Walker

SUBJECT OF THE DAY

Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease is becoming an epidemic.

Used to be only associated with alcoholism because it is metabolized as sugar and causes fatty liver and liver damage. High sugar consumption now exceeds alcoholism in creating fatty liver disease because your body can only process so much sugar, after which it is converted to fat. No fructose receptors in the body, so HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) cannot be metabolized, so it converts to fat in the liver. Sodas, sweets, sweet baked goods, etc. contain this, over sugar, typically because it is cheap. Increase in liver cancer due to the liver’s inability to breakdown HFCS and fats. Damage to the liver causes sclerosing or hardening of the liver. By 2020, it is anticipated to be the number one cause of liver transplants. Even if you are not consuming HFCS, but are overweight, have belly fat and/or consume high carbohydrates, including sugar, you are just as much at risk; however, NAFLD is also found in thin people, so obesity is not the only indicator. Diabetics and those with heart disease must avoid sugars. Those who are obese are limited to 2 servings of fruit per day and increasing vegetable consumption. Fructose automatically stimulates the conversion of non-fat foods into fats (your body knows how to convert glucose and use it but does not know what to do with fructose), which will store in the liver.

NAFLD also causes inflammation throughout the body. There are usually no symptoms at all until it progresses to damage at various levels. All of our organs produce enzymes but when damaged, excessive levels of enzymes can leach into the body. If liver enzymes, for instance, are elevated, diet must be corrected. Fat consumption inhibits the liver converting sugars to fat, so using olive oil, butter and other clean fats are excellent, as are whole grains, not processed grains.

By the time that you have elevated liver enzymes or pain in the upper right quadron of the abdomen, liver disease and inflammation is likely well progressed. If you are fatigued and not anemic, per testing, you likely have fatty liver disease. Enlarged breasts in men, red palms, yellow tinge to eyes can indicate severe progression and inability for the liver to detoxify. Xeno-estrogens also contribute, so stay away from plastics as much as possible.

Tests include bloodwork (liver enzymes), ultrasound (if liver damage is suspected) and a liver biopsy. Typically, they do not sedate you because everything, including anesthesia, processes through the liver, so it cannot be used. They will use a local anesthetic.

If high weight, high blood pressure, disinsulin anemia, doctors generally accept that you have fatty liver disease and will not perform the biopsy, and will put you on a low carb diet.

We recommend following our RAW CLEANSE Diet for 1-2 weeks, followed by our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet.   

FIGTreeVitamins.com LIVER SUPPORT & DETOX (1-2 upon rising and 1-2 at bedtime therapeutically), empty stomach to aid in cleansing and providing nutrients to the liver.

FIGTreeVitamins.com 100% pure, soy-free COQ10 200MG per softgel (1 upon rising; may repeat midday). Note from FIGTree LIVE: Most brands of CoQ10 are either powdered capsules, which are not absorbed well, or in softgels and liquids cut with soybean oil, which prevents the proper absorption of fat-soluble vitamins, minerals and amino acids, as well as CoQ10. FIGTreeVitamins CoQ10 was created for maximum absorption to perform at the cellular level, providing energy to your body’s cells.

FIGTreeVitamin.com 100% Pure, soy-free COD LIVER OIL Softgels (1 upon rising and 2 at bedtime) for heart and neurological concerns. Note from FIGTree LIVE: Most brands of fish oil are cut with soybean oil, which prevents the proper absorption of fat-soluble vitamins, minerals and amino acids; it is often marked as Vitamin E or tocopherols.

SHOW CALLER DISCOUNT:

Show Notes Saturday, October 7, 2018 with Dr. Lorna Walker

EMAILS AND POSTS

Q: Zack/AL My hounds are sneezing and lethargic. My oldest, Duke, is not eating, and his wife, Daisy, has rashes all over her belly that itch. The doctor gave them medicine but it’s not doing much. Duke is at his office with a IV in him. They get Eukanuba large breed adult and I also give them glucosamine. What else do they need?

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Dogs in their feral state hunt like wolves, lions, etc. and need the live enzymes from their prey, which is in their stomachs. There are NO enzymes in cooked foods, so the pet’s enzymes are depleted to try to digest these high grain foods. Add digestive enzymes to your pet’s foods, especially if you feed dry or canned foods.

PetSmart carried Nature’s Variety raw, frozen food. Likely fungal? Try giving both Duke and Daisy FIGTreeVitamins.com WORMWOOD COMBINATION (1-2 capsules TWICE daily with food)…you will need to either “pill” them or wrap in some kind of meat or cheese, as they will not like the smell of wormwood.

Please read about the proper care and feeding of dogs and cats in our article about AMERICA’S SICK PETS.

You might consider using the FIGTreeVitamins.com DOG & CAT HEALTH Package, which contains 4 BOTTLES of products, including 1 bottle each of FIGTree Vitamins Probiotic Enteric-coat, Cod Liver Oil, Spirulina and Source Nat. Beta Glucan 100mg. Each package is intended for ONE pet.

EVERYDAY DISCOUNT:

SHOW CALLER DISCOUNT:

Eukanuba Large Breed Adult Dog Food Ingredients: Chicken, Corn Meal, Ground Whole Grain Sorghum, Chicken By-Product Meal (Natural source of Chondroitin Sulfate and Glucosamine), Ground Whole Grain Barley, Dried Beet Pulp, Chicken Flavor, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Dried Egg Product, Potassium Chloride, Fish Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Salt, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Flax Meal, Fructooligosaccharides, Calcium Carbonate, Choline Chloride, Minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Potassium Iodide, Cobalt Carbonate), DL-Methionine, Vitamins (Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin A Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate (source of vitamin B1), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Niacin, Riboflavin Supplement (source of vitamin B2), Inositol, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (source of vitamin B6), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), Vitamin E Supplement, Brewers Dried Yeast, Beta-Carotene, Rosemary Extract

Q: Betty Jane/AL All my life (I’m 56) I’ve been constipated and rarely have more than 1 BM per day. Sometimes, I don’t even have that. I took a lot of antibiotics as a baby through my teen years but they don’t work all that well for me anymore. I have allergies fall and spring. Is that fungus? I have fungal nails sometimes but not all the time. Is that the only way to tell?

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Likely fungal and probably has dysbiosis. May have deficit dysbiosis (insufficient “good” bacteria). Best way to determine fungal overgrowth, Urinary Organic Acid test. Visit MYMEDLAB. For SIBO or SIFO, Dr. Lorna recommends either MetaMetric/Genova Lab’s ORGANIX COMPREHENSIVE OR the Great Plains Lab’s ORGANIC ACIDS (OAT) GPL

We recommend following our ANTIFUNGAL ROTATION Regimen using FIGTreeVitamins.com ANTIFUNGAL PACKAGE, and check your current diet against our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet, which is intended to prevent fungal, parasitic and other microbial overgrowth by helping to starve toxic microbes by omitting the foods and beverages that help them thrive; use the links above to access the articles, antifungal package and dietary changes necessary to combat fungal overgrowth.

Certainly antibiotics can cause fungal overgrowth; it is one of the most common side-effects of antibiotics. However, other drugs, like chronic aspirin use, anti-inflammatories, corticosteroids, birth control pills, metal toxicity (often from dental work) such as mercury, lead, cadmium, nickel and aluminimum, consumption of sugars, chemical sugar substitutes, GMO grains, starchy and processed foods, also cause imbalances of bacteria and cause fungal overgrowth, even feed fungal overgrowth. GMO grains grow a poison to kill bugs (may be why we have butterflies, moths and bees dying) and there are studies that prove changes to the microbiome.

This leads to cancer, arthritis, diabetes, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, lupus, most skin disorders (seborrhea, psoriasis, eczema) and many neurological disorders, such as multiple sclerosis.

Common signs that you have fungal overgrowth include persistent cramping, bloating and gas, joint and muscle pain, vaginal yeast infections, food sensitivities, chronic bladder infections, fatigue, sugar cravings, brain fog, bad breath, blurred vision, metal or chemical sensitivity, depression, anxiety, sinus problems and sleep loss.

WHAT TO DO

Change your diet! Check it against our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet, which is intended to prevent fungal, parasitic and other microbial overgrowth by helping to starve toxic microbes by omitting the foods and beverages that help them thrive; use the links above to access the articles, antifungal package and dietary changes necessary to combat fungal overgrowth.

Take natural antifungals, such as FIGTreeVitamins.com PAU D’ARCO Capsules daily for one full month, then rotate to FIGTreeVitamins.com GARLIC ENTERIC-COAT Tablets daily the second full month, then rotate to FIGTreeVitamins.com OLIVE LEAF Capsules daily the third month

For constipation, use a combination of FIGTreeVitamins MAGNESIUM GLYCINATE (1 capsule per day upon rising, and repeat at bedtime)

FIGTreeVitamins.com HERBAL BOWEL CLEANSE 2-part system (1-2 capsules from the a.m. bottle upon rising and 1-2 capsules from the PM bottle at bedtime, empty stomach).

EVERYDAY DISCOUNT:

SHOW CALLER DISCOUNT:

Q: I am Gail, aged 32 years old, mother of 2 children and thank God for my husband. I contracted Histoplasmosis, don’t have any birds in my home, but do live on a lake with geese, coots and other birds. Doc gave me Itraconazol and within a couple of weeks, I suddenly started gaining weight, was badly fatigued and had difficulty breathing and ended up in the hospital. He took me off Itraconazol and put me on prednisone and amphotec injections, but this is not getting better; not worse, but not better. Is there any vitamins I can take to help this?

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Does she mean the histoplasmosis is still there or that the side-effects remain? You do not have to have birds in cages to get histoplasmosis; if you walked on the grasses in sandals or bare-footed where the geese, coots and other birds congregate (and poop), that is probably how you got histoplasmosis.

All of these things can be from histoplasmosis but also from the antifungals and immunosuppressant drugs. Should have regular liver screenings, as the drugs cause liver damage. Can take herbal antifungals, such as following our ANTIFUNGAL ROTATION Regimen using FIGTreeVitamins.com ANTIFUNGAL PACKAGE, and check your current diet against our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet. Also regulate her immune system with FIGTreeVitamins EXTRA STRENGTH BETA GLUCAN slow release tablets. Must take a probiotic, such as FIGTree Vitamins PROBIOTIC ENTERIC, 35 Billion CFU to enhance rebuilding beneficial flora in the gut more quickly if you have not been using probiotics previously, or especially if you are using, or have recently used, antibiotics. FIGTreeVitamins.com LIVER SUPPORT & DETOX (1 at bedtime preventatively; 1-2 upon rising and 1-2 at bedtime therapeutically), empty stomach to aid in cleansing and providing nutrients to the liver.

EVERYDAY DISCOUNT:

SHOW CALLER DISCOUNT:

Q: Gina/FL Our local McDonald’s is taking the chemicals out of their meats and making their food healthy, so do you think it is OK to eat there now that they’ve changed everything? I love their Big Macs and Quarter Pounders with Cheese and only have them with a SMALL fries. Is it OK on the fungus-free diet if I don’t have the bread?

A: Dr. Lorna ~ They only talk about the chemicals they are no longer using but there are still many chemicals. They still fry and grill using soybean oil, so while they MAY be moving in the right direction, they are not healthy!

EVERYDAY DISCOUNT:

SHOW CALLER DISCOUNT:

Clarina / AL I hear you guys talking about histamine and gluten which I find confusing. Should I Go Gluten-Free? What about whole grains? I do not think I have any celiac disease. I am not overweight, a lot. I ask because I like gluten rich cookies and crusty rolls that I bake at home with high protein bread machine flower.

A: Dr. Lorna ~ If someone is health with no allergies or other illness, eat gluten, but perhaps limit it and consume more non-starchy veggies, tree nuts, seeds, fruits, etc. Would suggest using organic whole wheat to, hopefully, avoid glyphosates, which is Round-Up. We are not anti-grain or even anti-gluten but we do recommend organic to avoid some of the health-compromising chemicals.

Must take a probiotic, such as FIGTree Vitamins PROBIOTIC ENTERIC, 35 Billion.

EVERYDAY DISCOUNT:

SHOW CALLER DISCOUNT:

Q: Laura P/FL Whats wrong with a daily Glass of red Wine? Isn’t it loaded with resveratrol?

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Red wine is also loaded with alcohol. Small amounts in healthy people is fine; however, enough studies show that those who consume alcohol, including beer or wine, daily increases your risk of cancer.

Grapes also contain resveratrol without alcohol. As long as you understand that one glass is not safe for everyone and should not be consumed by anyone with disease, because the sugar in wine feeds fungus, parasites, bacteria and viruses.

Small amounts of alcohol may stave off heart disease, and lower the odds of stroke and diabetes, too. But heavy drinking raises your chances for liver and heart damage, plus breast, colon, and other cancers. If you don’t drink, don’t start. If you do, quit, limit yourself to one drink a day if you’re a woman, or two if you’re a man.

News You Can Use! Friday October 5, 2018 with DocJon & Vicki

News & Discussion!

Two big meat recalls affect cured ham, ground beef

One person died after eating ham contaminated with listeria, the CDC said.

Oct 04, 2018 / 3:46 PM CDT

One person has died and four hospitalized in an outbreak of listeria linked to cured hams from North Carolina, federal health officials said Thursday.

And in a second outbreak, an Arizona producer recalled 6.5 million pounds of ground beef after 57 people became ill from salmonella. NOTE: We reported on that last week.

The ham recall affects 89,000 pounds of ham products made by Johnston County Hams, Inc. in Smithfield, North Carolina.

The ham maker has recalled the hams, which were produced from April 3, 2017 through October 2, 2018, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said. Any deli or other shop that sliced or sold the hams should clean their equipment thoroughly.

“Return them to the store for a refund or throw them away. Restaurants and retailers should not serve or sell recalled Johnston County Hams products,” the CDC said.

The CDC will not say where the products were sold, but the U.S. Department of Agriculture said they were distributed in Maryland, North Carolina, New York, South Carolina and Virginia. The illnesses that have been reported were in North Carolina and Virginia.

Federal agencies often allow companies to keep confidential details about where products have been sold, even in food recalls. Last month, the Food and Drug Administration said it would start giving out more information about where contaminated food products have been sold.

Checks have traced the listeria that made people sick to hams produced by Johnston County Hams as far back as April 2017, the CDC said.

“Return any recalled deli ham to the store for a refund or throw it away,” the CDC advised.

“If you develop symptoms of a Listeria infection after eating recalled deli ham products, contact a healthcare provider and tell them you ate recalled ham. This is especially important if you are pregnant, age 65 or older, or have a weakened immune system.”

Listeria can cause a variety of symptoms, depending on the person and the part of the body affected. Listeria can cause fever and diarrhea similar to other foodborne germs, but this type of Listeria infection is rarely diagnosed. Symptoms in people with invasive listeria, meaning the bacteria has spread beyond the gut, depend on whether the person is pregnant.

Pregnant women: Pregnant women typically experience only fever and other flu-like symptoms, such as fatigue and muscle aches. However, infections during pregnancy can lead to miscarriage, stillbirth, premature delivery, or life-threatening infection of the newborn.

People other than pregnant women: Symptoms can include headache, stiff neck, confusion, loss of balance, and convulsions in addition to fever and muscle aches.

People with invasive listeriosis usually report symptoms starting 1 to 4 weeks after eating food contaminated with Listeria; some people have reported symptoms starting as late as 70 days after exposure or as early as the same day of exposure.

We told you that because we have to tell you this, it is very important:

Not just ice cream: Five things to know about Listeria

Apr.21.2015 / 4:15 PM CDT / Updated Oct 04 2018 /

Ten people have been put into the hospital by an outbreak of Listeria traced to Blue Bell brand ice cream, and three have died. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says two Blue Bell factories may have been spreading Listeria for five years.

Here are five things you need to know about Listeria:

IT LIKES THE COLD

Listeria bacteria are especially sneaky because they can thrive in cold conditions that stop other bacteria. “It likes places that are cold and wet and where there is something it can grow on,” says Dr. Robert Tauxe, who helps lead the foodborne diseases division at CDC. “Unfortunately, food factories with good refrigeration systems are a place Listeria is known to hang out. It takes some care and it takes specifically looking for it and disinfecting when it is found. It is a challenge to many food factories.”

IT’S PERSISTENT

“When Listeria bacteria get into a food processing factory, they can live there for years, sometimes contaminating food products,” CDC says. Listeria appear to have been living in two Blue Bell ice cream factories for five years or longer, causing occasional illnesses, CDC says.

While cooking and pasteurization kills Listeria, it can get into cooked food during the packaging process.

IT CAN BE DEADLY

CDC estimates that Listeria puts 1,600 people into the hospital each year and kills 260 of them. Most at risk are people with weakened immune systems, such as the elderly, very young children and pregnant women. Listeria can cause miscarriages and it can infect newborns. Listeria can cause bloodstream infections and fatal bacterial meningitis. Anyone with a fever and stiff neck should seek medical attention right away.

IT’S ALL AROUND

The bacteria that causes listeria, is commonly found in soil and water. Animals can carry Listeria without appearing ill, and their meat and milk can be contaminated. Because it’s in the soil, Listeria can contaminate plant foods. Recent outbreaks have been traced to bean sprouts, apples and cantaloupe.

YOU CAN’T ALWAYS WASH IT OFF

Poor sanitation at a Colorado cantaloupe farm was blamed for a 2011 outbreak of listeriosis that killed 33 people. Experts said the bacteria can get into the nooks and crannies of rough cantaloupe rind and be carried into the flesh of the fruit when cut.

DISCUSSION: Use our cleaning recommendations soaking all produce. PLEASE NEVER buy pre-cut trays of meats and cheeses, fruits and veggies, etc., as you have no idea where they were processed, how long ago, what may be added for preservatives, etc. – prepare all foods yourself at home after properly cleaning them.

Are You 1 of the 7 Million Americans Who Don’t Know They Have Diabetes?

Experts say undiagnosed type 1 or type 2 diabetes can cause serious health problems.

Right now, you or one of your close friends or family members could have diabetes and simply not know it.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recently reported that more than 30 million Americans now have diabetes, and more than 7 million of them haven’t received a proper diagnosis. And undiagnosed diabetes will catch up with you eventually.

The sooner you receive a diagnosis, the more likely you’ll be able to prevent the complications that can develop as a result of prolonged high blood sugar levels.

These complications include retinopathy, progressive kidney disease, and neuropathy.

Both type 1 and type 2 diabetes can exhibit these symptoms:

severe thirst

frequent urination

severe fatigue

irritability

increased appetite

blurry vision

yeast infections

Sour or foul-smelling breath and rapid weight loss are common with type 1 diabetes.

Other symptoms common with diabetes are:

slow-healing cuts, bruises, or blisters

tingling in hands, legs, or toes

noticeably sleepy after meals

The signs of diabetes can easily be mistaken for a lingering flu, especially in children with undiagnosed type 1 diabetes 

DISCUSSION:

First, you have to check your diet against our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST for optimal results. If you are eating wrong foods and drinking wrong beverages, you will not fix this!

FIGTreeVitamins.com GLUCOSE SUPPORT Capsules (2 upon rising and 2 at bedtime)

with

and

FIGTreeVitamins.com PROBIOTIC ENTERIC, 35 Billion CFU Capsules (1-2 at bedtime EMPTY STOMACH)

And

One month using FIGTreeVitamins.com GARLIC ENTERIC-COAT Tablets (1-2 upon rising and 1-2 at bedtime EMPTY STOMACH; if too strong at first, may begin at half doses)

If you are constipated, that is have 1 or fewer bowel movements per day (and you consume more than 1 meal and or snack daily), FIGTreeVitamins.com HERBAL BOWEL CLEANSE 2-part system (2 capsules from the a.m. bottle upon rising and 2 capsules from the PM bottle at bedtime, empty stomach).

DO THIS FOR ONE MONTH, TESTING YOUR BLOOD SUGAR AT LEAST ONCE PER DAY; if numbers begin stabilizing, continue with all of the above, only instead of Garlic, we recommend FIGTreeVitamins.com ANTIFUNGAL PACKAGE following our ANTIFUNGAL ROTATION Regimen, only start with the Olive Leaf and end your fourth month with the Garlic again.

EVERYDAY DISCOUNT:

SHOW CALLER DISCOUNT:

Why Edible Insects Are the Next Superfood Trend

Don’t bug out, incorporating edible insects into your diet is a healthy choice for you — and the environment.

A culture is defined by many things, and often food is high on that list.

In Western culture, our diets are earmarked by many unhealthy ingredients, most notably high amounts of sugar, salts, and fats. But there’s another item notably missing from American diets that advocates say should be incorporated into the range of foods we eat: insects.

While eating insects has been a part of other cultures for quite a while, it’s only now beginning to catch on in the United States and United Kingdom. However, it’s still far from being a mainstream on menus.

So, if bugs are so healthy, why are some culinary appetites — particularly Western cultures — not engaging in eating insects for nutrition?

The biggest hurdle is the “eww” factor.

Bugs are better for us

Bugs, insects, and even arachnids pack more protein, pound for pound, than most traditional meat sources. They also contain enough fiber, vitamins, and minerals to rival the nutritional value of some grains, fruits, and vegetables.

A recent study out of the University of Wisconsin-Madison looked at what impact eating 25 grams a day of whole cricket powder — made into muffins and shakes — could have on a person’s gut microbiota, or the body’s own bugs that can influence a person’s overall health.

Noting crickets contained high levels of protein and fiber, the researchers found the dietary changes spurred the growth of probiotic bacteria and reduced a type of plasma associated with harmful inflammation. While the study only included 20 people, researchers concluded further studies could help affirm their initial findings that “eating crickets may improve gut health and reduce systemic inflammation.”

The lead author of the study, Valerie Stull, hopes eating insects will gain popularity in the United States.

“Food is very tied to culture, and 20 or 30 years ago, no one in the U.S. was eating sushi because we thought it was disgusting, but now you can get it at a gas station in Nebraska,” she said in a statement accompanying the study.

While bugs aren’t yet available in most gas stations, people are slowly getting over their initial gut reactions to eating insects for a variety of reasons.

“We don’t go to stores and even seen chickens with their heads or legs left on,” she told Healthline. “Some people can’t stand a fish with a face, so it’s understandable that a fried caterpillar or cricket would be too much for someone to bear.”

Because insects take up less space and require fewer resources to grow, their overall impact on the environment is much less detrimental than typical mammal livestock, making them good candidates for a global food source, Baldwin says. For instance, the efficiency of conversion of ingested food (ECI) for caterpillars and cockroaches are on par with chickens, with 30 to 40 pounds of meat per 100 pounds of feed, she says.

A Canadian startup is developing a countertop cricket farm where families can grow crickets for food. A group calling themselves The North American Coalition for Insect Agriculture is lobbying the FDA to consider insect cuisine as a market.

At the University of Florida, where Professor Baldwin teaches, there are courses like Etymology 101 — “Bugs and People” — which has an insect-cooking demonstration each semester, showing how easy it is to incorporate bugs into your everyday diet.

If you’re looking to serve an unforgettable dish at your next dinner party, Broadbent recommends the Manchurian scorpions. “First, they are scorpions so they look cool,” he said. “But, they also glow in the dark under a black light and everyone loves to see that.”

Professor Baldwin says there are about 500 species of insects eaten worldwide, 200 of which are estimated to be eaten in Mexico. Closer to the border, in cities like San Diego and Los Angeles, many Mexican-themed restaurants are beginning to serve insect dishes on their menu.

DISCUSSION: Bugs are not included in Apostle Peter’s vision in Acts 10. In the vision, God has blessed all four-footed creatures, reptiles, such as lizards and snakes, and all of the birds of the sky….it says nothing about bugs or amphibians, which are conspicuously left out!

Sticking to our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet is all that is necessary here. BEFORE YOU CAN READ AND ACCESS REFERENCE CENTER ARTICLES, if you have not already become a FREE Member, we invite you to REGISTER (and each time you visit thereafter, be sure to LOG-IN each time you visit FIGTREE LIVE.com, so that you can access all of the features, including diets, cleanses, regimens and health articles in the Reference Center, chat with others in the Live Chat Forums, play with the health tools, check out surgical videos and all of the other features on the website! Just use the pull-down menu by placing your mouse over MEMBER RESOURCES on the green bar across the top of the Home Page at FIGTreeLIVE.com.

ACTS 10: 10-16 The Vision of Peter. Peter was praying on a rooftop and was hungry. While a meal was being made, according to Acts 10:10 and beyond, he fell into a trance. 11 He saw heaven opened and something resembling a large sheet coming down, lowered to the ground by its four corners. 12 In it were all the earth’s four-legged animals (some say quadrupeds) and reptiles and the birds of the sky. 13 A voice said to him, “Get up, Peter. Slaughter and eat.” 14 But Peter said, “Certainly not, sir. For never have I eaten anything profane and unclean.” 15 The voice spoke to him again, a second time, “What God has made clean, you are not to call profane.” 16 This happened three times, and then the object was taken up into the sky.

Show Notes Thursday, October 4, 2018 with Dr. Helen Pensanti

DISCUSSION

Dr. Helen ~ CUREs report: California substance Utilization & Review System required a course 3 years ago, which is now in effect 10/2/2018; if a patient comes in for certain drugs, each doctor must sign-in to a program that tells what drugs you have been prescribed your entire life, to force the doctor to stop prescribing opioids. One 85 y/o female patient said she can pick it up on the streets for $5!

EMAILS AND POSTS

Q: Maryette/GA I am at my wits end. My daughter is having a total hysterectomy (no kids, age 34) and I am going to be spending 2-3 weeks with her during surgery and during her recovery, as she is not being permitted to drive, shop, etc. Other than taking care of her, what vitamins can she have to heal faster? She is in a leadership capacity at her work and she is anxious to get back to work, but that could change after surgery when she sees how much she hurts. I had a hysterectomy shortly after she was born, also at 34, and remember how hard it was to take care of her, the house and hold down a job and I had no help. I felt like I was cut in half! I want to make this easier on her.

A: What we said Saturday: Dr. Lorna ~ Always recommend weeks to months before surgery, change diet, supplements to increase proper immune system function and to heal faster, especially Vitamin C because Vitamin C aids with producing collagen to rebuild tissue.

Advances in surgical techniques may actually make her hysterectomy significantly less impactful than when you had yours. That said, I am assuming she will still undergo general anesthesia, so systemically cleansing her body from the anesthesia is a good idea, using the FIGTreeVitamins.com SYSTEMIC CLEANSING Package, featuring Enteric Proteolytic Systemic Oral Enzymes (PSOEs) Tablets WITH

FIGTreeVitamins.com VITAMIN C POWDER Calcium Ascorbic Acid (1 scoop 2-3 times daily or more until just before diarrhea) is a good recommendation for this cleanse and to help her heal. FIGTreeVitamins.com VITAMIN D 2000 Liquid Drops (1-3 drops under tongue 2-3 times daily or more, as needed; allow to sit for at least 30 seconds before swallowing, or allowing to dissipate naturally) for breast health, muscle pain/weakness, bone/joint pain, fatigue, moodiness/depression, anxiety, PMS and other concerns of deficiency.

PLUS DR. HELEN’S INPUT:

If they do not put the pellet inside of her, she can use natural hormone replacement. They do not cut the muscles the way they did years ago, so she may be up and walking around faster. Could be back to work in one week. Dr. Helen’s Red Label Bio-Identical PROGESTERONE w/RED CLOVER  (apply TWICE per day; 1/2 tsp to an inner arm, inner thigh, breast, neck or fatty area of stomach – rotate application site with each application)

to avoid the crash surgical menopause. Start the day after she comes home from the hospital.

If she has the pellet, it lasts 6 months and she would have to wait it out, then in 6 months use the RED LABEL, as recommended above.

Q: Howard/FL I was wondering if Dr. Helen has something for men’s prostates so we don’t leak. Mine is mildly inflamed but I have problems with urgency and don’t want to take prostate drugs due to side effects. I leak if I sneeze, cough or if I don’t get to the bathroom fast enough. A couple of my friends say the same for them. We are in our 70’s. My wife suggests I use Depends, but I’d rather not.

A: Dr. Helen ~ Dr. Lee is was her mentor and learned from him re men’s BPH. The inflammation of the prostate is causing the urgency and leaking. Progesterone is for both men and women. Dr. Helen’s Blue label Bio-Identical Phyto PROGESTERONE cream (apply TWICE per day; 1/4 tsp to an inner arm, inner thigh, breast, neck or fatty area of stomach – rotate application site with each application).

USE WITH BELL EZEE FLO TEA FOR MEN

Q: Perry (concerned father of a teenage (daughter)/KY: My 15 year old daughter is having depression around her periods, a lot of PMS. Is it ok if she uses the blue or red label progesterone or is there something else she needs for her PMS. What about the depression? She locks herself in her room for 2-3 days during her period because she gets mean and can’t control it.  Her mom and I just want her to feel good.

A:  Dr. Helen ~ had to go to care for a patient…We do know that she can use Dr. Helen’s Blue label Bio-Identical Phyto PROGESTERONE cream, ¼ teaspoon every 12 hours on days 12-26 of her monthly cycle, so beginning on her first day of menses, she counts days 1-11, then begins using the cream on day 12 through day 26. PMS is just as much of a dietary deficiency as it is a hormone imbalance; lack of nutrients causes hormone imbalances.

Whether or not she can take the red label (with red clover), since it may be caused by her drop in estrogen levels, but please write to Dr. Helen to confirm ~ To order from Dr. Helen’s office, must call & leave message at 800-301-1982 or email your order to hp@askdrhelen.com (include your telephone number) and be sure to mention you are a FIGTree LIVE member to get 20% off – they will call you back for credit card information and to confirm your order.

ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST ; make SURE she consumes plenty of beef, poultry, eggs and dairy so that she gets about half her weight in grams of protein daily (not to exceed 70 grams, if she weighs more than 140 lbs)!! SHE MUST AVOID SOY AT ALL COST!

FIGTreeVitamins.com VITAMIN B COMPLEX Co-enzymated Capsules are the most highly absorbable B-complex available! (1 capsule with food in the morning with breakfast or a snack, and 1 capsule at lunch or with an afternoon snack. Please do not take within 5 hours of bedtime as B-complex can keep some people awake)

FIGTreeVitamins.com VITAMIN B-6 100mg Tablets FIGTreeVitamins.com (Dr. Helen suggested a total of 600mg daily at first, so 2 with breakfast, 2 with lunch and 2 with dinner for two weeks, then may reduce to 1 with breakfast, 1 with lunch and 1 with dinner daily for at least another month) for emotional stability concerns.

Eat a LOT of dark green leafy veggies and take FIGTreeVitamins.com Methylated VITAMIN B-12 3000mcg Lozenges (1 upon rising and 1 midday; allow to dissolve naturally in the mouth and absorb sublingually into the bloodstream).

FIGTreeVitamins.com VITAMIN C POWDER Calcium Ascorbic Acid (1 scoop in water upon rising; repeat 1-2 times more daily).

FIGTreeVitamins.com VITAMIN D 2000 Liquid Drops (1-3 drops under tongue 2-3 times daily or more, as needed; allow to sit for at least 30 seconds before swallowing, or allowing to dissipate naturally) for breast health, muscle pain/weakness, bone/joint pain, fatigue, moodiness/depression, anxiety, PMS and other concerns of deficiency.

FIGTreeVitamins MAGNESIUM GLYCINATE for natural stress, anxiety and muscle relaxation (Take 1 capsule per day upon rising; may take another at bedtime) GREAT for the cramping that comes with PMS.

EVERYDAY DISCOUNT:

SHOW CALLER DISCOUNT:

Show Notes Wednesday, October 3, 2018 with Dr. Walker

DISCUSSION

Dr. Jon read an article about high blood sugar and gastric banding vs diabetic drugs ~ Dr. Walker discusses how the body absorbs nutrients and worked in an office where gastric surgeries are conducted. There is a nutritious diet to follow, both before and after surgery, including reducing calorie intake. Surgery does not resolve addictions and, long-term, patients seem to go back to old habits, then increase their weight again. These procedures also reduce the body’s ability to absorb nutrients resulting in hair loss, skin sagging, older appearance, muscle weakness, osteoporosis, etc. check your current diet against our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet.

New research shows why no carb diets have it all wrong. High quality carbs are essential for a long, healthy life. We have never advocated for no carb diets; carbs should come from non-starchy vegetables and you can eat limitless amounts – eat those when hungry. They contain live enzymes that digest proteins, fats and carbs. Potatoes, peas, corn are starchy.

Article this morning about vaping vitamins. FDA says you cannot vape vitamins through an e-cigarette.

Is BPA free plastic better? Even newer plastics could be leaching into your food. Stick with glass, 18/10 stainless steel and porcelain. Ask your butcher in the grocery store will wrap your meats in butcher paper.

DISCLAIMER

NOTE: Whether or not you are able to use any of the suggestions above depends upon your health history, medications taken, surgeries and therapies, etc.

FIGTreeLive.com sells no products; however, all members and listeners may purchase products at great discounted pricing from participating vendors! If you have not already done so, please Register for a FREE MEMBERSHIP today;  have full access to articles in the Reference Center, read and post in the Live Chat Forum, answer questions and get suggestions from our experts ~ let’s work toward natural health together!

Better yet, why not call the FIGTree Live Show when we are LIVE? Wednesday – Friday 2-2:30PM Eastern/11-11:30am Pacific, AND on Saturdays 1-2PM Eastern/10-11am Pacific – the toll-free telephone number is 844-855-2006 and Dee will answer your call, put you on hold (you will be able to hear the show while on hold) then the professionals on the  FIGTree LIVE Show will ask questions and help you to incorporate natural healthy ideas into your daily regimen so you can get well. PLUS, when you call the show, you will receive THREE MONTHS FREE private, personalized email help anytime you need us, PLUS 15% off AND FREE SHIPPING when shopping at the FIGTREE VITAMINS STORE . We will give you your own coupon code to use during checkout, during your three months free period! All Members, as well as HealthTalk LIVE listeners receive MEMBER DISCOUNTS from Participating Discount Vendors, such as FIGTreeVitamins.com, RenewLife, Dr. Helen and more (follow the links and learn how!)

Why not post your questions in the Live Chat Forum, under HEALTH CHAT, or call and speak with the health professionals on the FIGTree LIVE Show, Wednesdays – Fridays (2-2:30PM Eastern / 11-11:30am Pacific) and Saturdays (1-2PM Eastern /10-11am Pacific)?

All statements are the opinion of staff at FIGTreeLive.com and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. All ideas provided are given based upon information provided, including all health experiences, therapies, surgeries, medications taken, etc., in the past, present or foreseeable future. John, Vicki, other FIGTreeLive.com staff, and anyone directly associated with the website, FIGTreeLive.com, are not responsible for negative or harmful side-effects you may experience as a result of ideas shared. No other company, person or entity is associated with FIGTreeLive.com, John, Vicki or any staff member; nor is there any association, obligation or interest between FIGTreeLive.com and sponsors, discount participants or advertisers, implied or otherwise, as having any association or agreement with views and opinions provided on FIGTreeLive.com. Prescription drugs have the potential for harmful side-effects, which may also be influenced by using nutritional supplements; please consult with your Medical Doctor and Pharmacist before using supplements of any kind. Only your Medical Doctor and Pharmacist are acquainted with your health issues and are able to diagnose your specific healthcare requirements. No one at FIGTreeLive.com is trained to diagnose and you should never self-diagnose in lieu of proper medical care and advice. Please avail yourself of all diagnostic testing available to you. Statements made may not have been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. If you are exhibiting symptoms or have a health concern, we encourage you to contact your physician immediately.

Forum Timezone: America/North_Dakota/Center

Most Users Ever Online: 233

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 12

Members: 1974

Moderators: 0

Admins: 3