A A A
Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_Print forum-icon
SHOW NOTES FOR JANUARY 2019
January 17, 2019
12:49 pm
VickiY.
Admin
Forum Posts: 1801
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

JANUARY 2018 SHOW NOTES

SHOW NOTES ARE BELOW; please note that links are included and they are CAPITALIZED/ITALIC/BOLD (place mouse over these links to visit the websites or areas of FIGTreeLive.com where the information may be found).

If you are looking for show information older than that listed here, we do keep archives available for each month. Just request show notes for the month in question or listen to past shows, you may link to the continuous loop of the FIGTREE LIVE SHOW on the air through our website or you may link to specific PAST SHOWS.  

BIG NEWS COMING IN FEBRUARY, SO PLEASE CHECK BACK REGULARLY!

January 4, 2019
2:37 am
VickiY.
Admin
Forum Posts: 1801
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

SHOW NOTES FOR JANUARY 2019  (most recent to oldest show notes)

OPENING BLESSING DAILY: Heavenly Father, we ask You to bless today’s show, and to bless those who are listening and struggling with a health issue. Father, please help us to provide guidance to those who need help, that we may assist them to heal through You…in Jesus’ name we pray ~ Amen

CALL THE SHOW Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and/or Saturdays, TOLL-FREE 844-855-2006

FIGTree Live call-in show#: 844-855-2006

FIGTree Live text only show #: 252-316-2117

Email FIGTree Live at INFO@FIGTREELIVE.COM

Call us on the FIGTREE LIVE Show when the show is LIVE, and Dee will answer your call, get your name and town and put  you on hold;  you will be able to hear the show while on hold until we take your call….AND if you want to use a fake name, town and state, you are welcome to do that in case you are worried someone may recognize you! 844-855-2006! Everyone who calls the show receives THREE MONTHS FREE email communications, personalized regimen to help you get healthier, lose weight or whatever help you need PLUS 15% off and free shipping on anything you decide to purchase from FIGTreeVITAMINS.com!

IS THE PRINT ON THIS SITE TOO SMALL? INCREASE THE FONT ON YOUR SCREEN BY HOLDING DOWN THE “CONTROL” BUTTON, WHILE CLICKING ONTO THE “+” BUTTON TO INCREASE SIZE (REDUCE SIZE BY DOING THE SAME USING THE “-” BUTTON). OR COPY/PASTE INTO A WORD DOCUMENT, THEN INCREASE THE FONT TO THE SIZE COMFORTABLE FOR YOU.

NOTE: PRODUCTS AND ARTICLE LINKS ARE SIGNIFIED BY CAPITAL/ITALIC/ BOLD LETTERING – RUN YOUR CURSOR OVER THEM AND LINK DIRECTLY.

THE SHOW NOTES DATED BELOW ARE FROM LIVE SHOWS ONLY; YOU MAY LIST TO REPLAYS ANYTIME! 

Listen to a rotation of shows through LISTEN LIVE (lets you listen to a continuous loop of FIGTree LIVE shows BUT when the show is LIVE on the air, most Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, the replay will fade to the live show. After the live show is over, you will hear the replay show fade back in right where you left off, so you never miss anything!) or click onto SHOW ARCHIVE (lets you listen to specific shows, by date and topic, that you may have missed).

INTERESTED IN DIETS, CLEANSES, ROTATION REGIMENS AND OTHER HEALTH HELPERS?

Before you can read and access Reference Center Articles, or post in the Forums, you will need to become a free member:

If you have not already become a FREE Member, we invite you to REGISTER (and each time you visit thereafter, be sure to LOG-IN each time you visit FIGTREE LIVE.com, so that you can access all of the features, including diets, cleanses, regimens and health articles in the Reference Center, chat with others in the Live Chat Forums, play with the health tools, check out surgical videos and all of the other features on the website! Just use the pull-down menu by placing your mouse over MEMBER RESOURCES on the green bar across the top of the Home Page at FIGTreeLIVE.com.

THE TRIPLE THREAT TO DISEASE: DIET, EXERCISE & WATER!

Show Notes for Saturday January 19, 2019 with Dr. Lorna Walker

CALL US: 844-855-2006

TEXT US: 252-316-2117

EMAIL US: Info@FIGTreeLive.com

DISCUSSION & ANNOUNCEMENTS

844-855-2006

THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING AT THE FIGTREE VITAMINS STORE. SHOPPING AT FIGTREEVITAMINS.COM KEEPS THIS SHOW ON THE AIR!

CALLERS

844-855-2006

Caller:  Tina/CA Upper back, front and side woke up with a rash. No itching or burning. Could it be Shingles? Has been putting on colloidal silver compresses but does she need anything else?

Medications: none at all

Discussion and Suggestions: Dr. Lorna ~ Supplements she takes: Spirulina, ALA, probiotics daily, Coenzyme B50, Vitamin C 1000 buffered all from FIGTreeVitamins.com.

Would confirm it is shingles, as opposed to a reaction to something else.

If it is shingles, take 1000mg Vitamin C 3-4 times per day, the Beta Glucan…please do not take the shingles vaccine, even if the doctor suggests having it – far too many harmful side effects, including shingles, but also eye damage, which Merck admitted.

FIGTreeVitamins.com L-LYSINE 1000mg Tablets (3 upon rising, 3 midday and 3 at bedtime EMPTY STOMACH for 2-3 days, then reduce to 2 upon rising, 2 midday and 2 at bedtime EMPTY STOMACH for 3-4 days, then decrease to 1 upon rising, 1 midday and 1 at bedtime EMPTY STOMACH for remainder of bottle) for viral concerns. Using this regimen at first sign can prevent its progression, but L-Lysine is one of the strongest antivirals available without a prescription and it has virtually no side-effects.

FIGTreeVitamins.com BORAGE OIL Softgels (1-2 softgels upon rising, midday and at bedtime, up to a total of 6 daily)

FIGTreeVitamin.com 100% Pure, soy-free COD LIVER OIL Softgels (1 upon rising and 2 at bedtime) for heart and neurological concerns. Note from FIGTree LIVE: Most brands of fish oil are cut with soybean oil, which prevents the proper absorption of fat-soluble vitamins, minerals and amino acids; it is often marked as Vitamin E or tocopherols.

Get 15% off PLUS free shipping, for three months, on all products that FIGTree Vitamins sells every day by calling the show, Wednesday through Saturday (844-855-2006) and get your own private / personalized Coupon Code to use during checkout; use the product links, or see all products at the FIGTREE VITAMINS STORE, or call Gary to order by telephone ~ 210-504-9906!

EMAILS AND POSTS

THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING AT THE FIGTREE VITAMINS STORE. SHOPPING AT FIGTREEVITAMINS.COM KEEPS THIS SHOW ON THE AIR!

Q: Frank/AL I used to have seizures but don’t anymore since giving up alcohol. I am a white man, 57, 6′ tall and weigh 200 lbs. I am borderline diabetic, take levothyroxin for a sluggish thyroid, claritin and Flonase for sinus problems for thick mucose. Surgeries were appendectomy, hernia and hiatel hernia. Thanks for your show. I’d call but sleep days and work nights as a factory supervisor. We manufacture aluminum and other pre-manufactured sidings.

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Seizures from alcohol is uncommon unless doing serious drinking. Most likely has candida overgrowth, which also accounts for diabetes. Probably nutritional deficiencies; a lack of magnesium could have contributed to seizures. Possible aluminum poisoning.

FIGTreeVitamins.com MULTIVITAMIN ONE DAILY Tablets Whole Food Vitamin/mineral supplement (1-2 daily with breakfast or lunch) to supplement meals.

We recommend following our ANTIFUNGAL ROTATION Regimen using FIGTreeVitamins.com ANTIFUNGAL PACKAGE, and checking your current diet against our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet, which is intended to prevent fungal, parasitic and other microbial overgrowth by helping to starve toxic microbes by omitting the foods and beverages that help them thrive; use the links above to access the articles, antifungal package and dietary changes necessary to combat fungal overgrowth. Can also systemically cleanse using FIGTree Vitamins SYSTEMIC CLEANSING Package.

Pay attention to OSHA requirements with regard to exposure to aluminum and other metals or chemicals.

Also, working night shifts unbalance the body’s balance. When sleeping, he should use black out shades or drapes, total darkness, no interference from telephone calls, people in the house. Bed, Bath & Beyond has black out curtains.

Is he interested in completing/returning the Questionnaire? It would help us to help him more specifically.

Q: Claire/MS I had a bad motor accident last February and another one over Thanksgiving. You helped my mom with that years ago but she doesn’t remember what she took. It worked great for her so I want to do it too. What do you recommend for a lower back strain and headaches?

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Magnesium (not oxide; give diarrhea and difficult to absorb). Could see a chiropractor.

FIGTreeVitamins MAGNESIUM GLYCINATE for natural stress, anxiety and muscle relaxation (Take 1 capsule per day upon rising; may take another at bedtime) OR magnesium Taurate – neither will give you a loose stool.

FIGTreeVitamins.com SYSTEMIC CLEANSING Package, featuring Enteric Proteolytic Systemic Oral Enzymes (PSOEs) Tablets. FIGTreeVitamins.com. INFLAMOVE Joint Formula (3 capsules at bedtime preventatively or 3 upon rising and 3 at bedtime therapeutically).

Acupuncture and acupressure.

EVERYDAY DISCOUNT:

Get 10% off all products that FIGTree Vitamins carries every day using Coupon Code FTL10 during checkout; use the product links, or see all products at the FIGTREE VITAMINS STORE, or call Gary to order by telephone ~ 210-504-9906!

HAD THEY CALLED THE SHOW:

Callers get 15% off PLUS free shipping, for three months, on all products that FIGTree Vitamins sells every day by calling the show, Wednesday through Saturday (844-855-2006) and get your own private/personalized Coupon Code to use during checkout; use the product links, or see all products at the FIGTREE VITAMINS STORE, or call Gary to order by telephone ~ 210-504-9906!

Q: Beth/OH My husband is 43 with ALS. I just found you guys last week and love your show. I feel like I am part of the conversation so thank you for that. Ben is now fully disabled and bed-ridden. He drools and can’t swallow, talk or communicate well, and is on a feeding tube. This started the beginning of last year but just got worse about a month ago before Thanksgiving. Nobody in the family has ever had anything like this so I think it’s from working in the boat building industry since he was 17. He worked with fiberglass, resins and other chemical compounds, as well as aluminum and other metals. Ben is on Radicava injections, Glycopyrrolate and Riluzole. He has been living with ALS for 8 years and is not expected to live beyond another year, but they said he wouldn’t make it this long. I think we prolonged the worst of this using the hyperbaric oxygen chamber and other treatments through a naturopath, but he became worse when we couldn’t afford to continue treatments or to pay a naturopath anymore. Is there anything you can recommend to make him comfortable? Is there anything to reverse this? Would your cleanse make any difference at this point?

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Excito-neurotoxins play a role in this and his former job, and exposure to those toxins, we believe played a role. Glutathione becomes total depleted. IV-glutathione, SeekingHealth.com has liposomal glutathione, which may help. FIGTreeVitamins.com raw/undenatured, organic unflavored WHEY PROTEIN Powder; FIGTree’s Whey Protein is unsweetened / unflavored; each canister contains 32 servings, yielding 19g protein, muscle and brain-building amino acids, and less than 1g naturally occurring carbohydrates in each serving! Derived from organically raised, grassfed cows; non-GMO, no hormones.

EVERYDAY DISCOUNT:

Get 10% off all products that FIGTree Vitamins carries every day using Coupon Code FTL10  during checkout; use the product links, or see all products at the FIGTREE VITAMINS STORE, or call Gary to order by telephone ~ 210-504-9906!

Callers get 15% off PLUS free shipping, for three months, on all products that FIGTree Vitamins sells every day by calling the show, Wednesday through Saturday (844-855-2006) and get your own private/personalized Coupon Code to use during checkout; use the product links, or see all products at the FIGTREE VITAMINS STORE, or call Gary to order by telephone ~ 210-504-9906!

Q: Larry/FL I had four teeth removed in October and was on a lot of antibiotics for a long time. I have a bridge and everything works but I still have diarrhea and live on Immodium. I took the renewlife go pack and it didn’t help at all. I don’t eat a lot of vegetables because they make me gassy and bloated. I also don’t eat much meat, can’t have any beans. I mostly live on rice, potatoes and bread with butter. Cheddar cheese helps make my stool harder but then I can get gassy and bloated with too much of that too. I’m 69, 6’5” and down to 198 pounds, so I need help. I am losing weight. Doctor says to use Ensure but I hear you recommend something without all the chemicals. What is it?

A: Dr. Lorna ~ The probiotic may not be strong enough; you may need more than label instructions on the RenewLife Ultimate Flora Adult 50+ PROBIOTIC GO PACK 30 billion CFU, 30 capsules (should take 2-3 daily, if needed). Probiotics are sometimes not sufficient to undo what the antibiotics did to his gut. Fermenting in the gut. Go on the Low FODMAPS & FOOD COMBINING Diet for histamine intolerance. All that gas and bloating is from bad bacteria that is overgrown, which can cause IBS-D. For now, cook all vegetables. This helps to stabilize gut motility by prohibiting foods that feed SIBO and often fungal overgrowth.

FIGTreeVitamins.com raw/undenatured, organic unflavored WHEY PROTEIN Powder, which is derived from organically raised, grassfed cows; non-GMO, no hormones, is unsweetened and unflavored. Each canister contains 32 servings, yielding 19g protein, muscle and brain-building amino acids, and less than 1g naturally occurring carbohydrates in each serving!

HYLAND’S DIARREX available at most mega-marts and pharmacies these days. Let 1-2 dissolve under your tongue to stop the diarrhea; a great alternative to Immodium AD.

Q: Mel/AL Age 54, I drive a truck and live on Omeprazole from Costco. I can’t go off it without living on Tums and Mylanta. Truck stops have limited foods that are on your list. What can I use instead?

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Go on the Low FODMAPS & FOOD COMBINING Diet for histamine intolerance. That fermentation pushes acid up into the esophagus. Following this diet usually makes that go away. Omeprazole inhibits the digestion food, so it creates vitamin, mineral and other nutrient absorption while providing a perfect environment for bacteria and other microbial overgrowth.

Flying J’s that have Denny’s, TA’s that have Country Kitchens (I think it is called) and as far as I know, all Petros, have low carb options available, both on their menu and their food bars. Even if you are going to one that only has Subway (get sandwiches but without the bread), Taco Bell (try their Power Menu bowl for a healthier option).

It is equally important to use FIGTreeVitamins.com DIGESTIVE ENZYMES Ultra Veggie (1-2 with each meal or snack) for high-potency digestion of food. Aids in breaking down histamine (from carbs and processed meats), fats, proteins and starches.

FIGTreeVitamins.com PROBIOTIC ENTERIC, 35 Billion CFU Capsules (1 at bedtime EMPTY STOMACH)

EVERYDAY DISCOUNT:

Get 10% off all products that FIGTree Vitamins carries every day using Coupon Code FTL10  during checkout; use the product links, or see all products at the FIGTREE VITAMINS STORE, or call Gary to order by telephone ~ 210-504-9906!

News You Can Use! Friday January 18, 2019 with DocJon & Vicki

News & Discussion!

FISH OIL SUPPLEMENTATION CAN MITIGATE DISUSE ATROPHY IN WOMEN

Fish oil supplementation can slow muscle loss during periods of immobilization, a study has found. The study was published online January 10 in the FASEB Journal. “We are the first to show that n-3 fatty acid supplementation attenuates decrements in skeletal muscle size in response to unilateral leg immobilization in women,” write Chris McGlory, PhD, from McMaster University, Ontario, Canada, and colleagues.

Researchers enrolled 20 healthy young women (age range, 19-31 years) who were recreationally active (ie, active but engaging in structured exercise 2 days/week or fewer). They randomly assigned women to two groups: one group received an omega-3 fatty acid (fish oil) supplement (active group) and the other group received a sunflower oil supplement (control group).

Participants in the fish oil group consumed 2.97 g (EPA) and 2.03 g (DHA). Both groups consumed the supplements for 4 weeks, at which time all participants had one of their legs immobilized for 2 weeks in a knee brace. During the immobilization phase, all participants were provided with all food to control protein intake to 1.0 g/kg body mass/day. Following the immobilization phase, participants then returned to normal activity for a 2-week recovery period. Leg muscle volume, strength, mass, and protein synthesis (based on blood and skeletal muscle samples) were evaluated before and after immobilization as well as after the recovery period.

Participants in the fish oil group lost significantly less muscle mass during immobilization compared with those in the control group. Further, whereas a significant decline in muscle volume was noted in both groups, only those in the fish oil group regained full skeletal muscle volume following a return to regular daily activity. 

DISCUSSION:

FIGTreeVitamin.com 100% Pure, soy-free COD LIVER OIL Softgels (3 upon rising and 3 at bedtime therapeutically) for heart and neurological concerns. Note from FIGTree LIVE: Most brands of fish oil are cut with soybean oil, which prevents the proper absorption of fat-soluble vitamins, minerals and amino acids; it is often marked as Vitamin E or tocopherols.

SHOW CALLER DISCOUNT:

Get 15% off PLUS free shipping, for three months, on all products that FIGTree Vitamins sells every day by calling the show, most Thursdays through Saturdays  (844-855-2006) and get your own private/personalized Coupon Code to use during checkout; use the product links, or see all products at the FIGTREE VITAMINS STORE, or call Gary to order by telephone ~ 210-504-9906!

BENZODIAZEPINES MAY BOOST PNEUMONIA RISK, ESPECIALLY IN SENIORS

January 14, 2019

Psychiatry News

Use of benzodiazepines and related drugs (BZRDs) is associated with greater risk for pneumonia, especially in older adults, new research suggests.

“Clinicians need to weigh the benefit-risk balance of BZRD use, especially those with other risk factors for pneumonia,” they conclude.

The study was published online January 8 in the International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry.

The prevalence of BZRD use among the elderly is high, with as many as 40% of older adults taking these agents, despite associated adverse events including falls, fractures, cognitive dysfunction, dementia, and behavioral disorders, the authors note.

The incidence of pneumonia, a leading cause of morbidity and mortality among individuals age 65 years and older, has increased over the past decade, leading to concerns that BZRD use may be associated with increased risk of contracting the disorder, the authors continue.

EXAMPLES of benzodiazapines:

Xanax, aka, zanny the nanny for both the elderly and the young. Clobazam, Klonopin, Clorazepate. Tranxene, Librium, Valium, Ativan).

DISCUSSION:

FIGTreeVitamins.com MULTIMINERAL COMPLEX Ultra Tablets (2 upon rising and 2 at bedtime daily).

FIGTreeVitamins MAGNESIUM GLYCINATE for natural stress, anxiety and muscle relaxation (Take 1 capsule per day upon rising; may take another at bedtime)

DRIVING HIGH COMMON IN PAIN PATIENTS TAKING MEDICAL MARIJUANA

Driving under the influence of cannabis is common among patients prescribed medical marijuana for chronic pain, in findings investigators describe as “concerning.” A study of nearly 800 individuals prescribed medical marijuana showed more than half reported driving within 2 hours of use. About the same proportion said they drove “a little high,” and about one in five reported driving “while very high.”

“I was particularly interested in understanding how people using [cannabis] medically may also be engaging in this risky behavior,” Erin E. Bonar, PhD, University of Michigan Addiction Center and assistant professor of psychiatry at the University of Michigan School of Medicine in Ann Arbor, told Medscape Medical News. “I wanted to see what people are doing [and] how often they are doing this,” Bonar added. “We found a pretty concerning rate.”

DISCUSSION: Just wanted to share that with you, the prevailing guidance from the Florida and Colorado DOT is if you see someone weaving all over the road way, stay behind them, do not try to pass.

BETTER FOR INFLAMMATION/PAIN:

FIGTreeVitamins.com SYSTEMIC CLEANSING Package, featuring Enteric Proteolytic Systemic Oral Enzymes (PSOEs) Tablets.

NO BEER OR WINE EITHER! For better digestion, consider FIGTreeVitamins.com DIGESTIVE ENZYMES Ultra Veggie (1-2 with each meal or snack) for high-potency digestion of food. Aids in breaking down histamine (from carbs and processed meats), fats, proteins and starches.

UP TO AN EGG A DAY MAY WARD OFF DIABETES: METABOLIC STUDY

The article written January 15, 2019; The study was published in December 2018 in the journal Molecular Nutrition & Food Research.

New research digs down into why middle-aged Finnish men who ate up to one egg a day (high intake) had a lower risk of developing type 2 diabetes than their peers who ate fewer eggs.

The findings suggest that “moderate consumption of eggs (up to 1 per day for most people) [can be] part of a healthy dietary pattern and healthy lifestyle [for] preventive action against type 2 diabetes,” they add.

What Is it About Eggs That May Lower Diabetes Risk?

Egg consumption remains controversial, with mainly US studies reporting that high egg consumption is linked with a higher risk of diabetes, Noerman and colleagues write, in contrast to other studies reporting the opposite or null hypothesis including their own from the KIHD study. (note the kihd study is about heart disease). And the null hypothesis in this is that there is no significant difference between specified populations, any observed difference being due to sampling or experimental error.

The finnish study says The US studies may not have fully adjusted for higher intake of meat, higher body mass index (BMI), higher rate of smoking, or lower physical activity in people with a high intake of eggs, they suggest.

Of note, they write, “eggs are an especially rich source of several bioactive compounds, such as choline, which is shown to have beneficial effects on, for example, insulin resistance, inflammation, and lipid oxidation and metabolism.”

DISCUSSION: Eggs are good for you; eat them. They have a perfect combination of protein and lecithin to breakdown fats. God did not make mistakes.

MISDIAGNOSIS TIED TO DEATH FROM RABIES INFECTION

January 15, 2019

Rabies still poses a deadly, albeit rare, threat in the United States, a recent case report detailing a May 2017 fatal exposure shows. The patient was the ninth death from rabies in the United States since 2008 due to travel abroad.

The patient, a 65-year-old woman, initially presented for medical care due to pain in her right arm after returning from a yoga tour in India and was diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome. The fact that she had been bitten by a puppy 6 weeks earlier while in India was not initially known to healthcare providers, and the possibility of rabies was not initially considered.

“Progressive worsening of neurologic signs is characteristic of rabies and should be considered as a positive indicator for rabies. Patient history is important to identify a possible exposure to rabies; however, rabies should never be ruled out based solely on the absence of definite exposure history.”

In the current case, the patient had washed the bite with water but did not seek medical attention for it either in India or after returning to the United States. She presented at an urgent care medical facility 6 weeks later for pain in her right arm, was diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome, and was prescribed Hydrocodone and an NSAID. The following day she was evaluated at a hospital for shortness of breath, anxiety, insomnia, and difficulty swallowing water. Diagnostic tests were unremarkable, and she was given 0.75 mg of Lorazepam (we just talked about benzo’s) for a presumed panic attack and discharged. In her car in the parking lot she experienced claustrophobia and shortness of breath, returned to the hospital emergency department and was given an additional 0.25 mg lorazepam and again discharged.

The following day she was transported from home by ambulance to the emergency department of a second hospital with chest discomfort, shortness of breath, progressive burning in her arm, and increased anxiety. She was agitated, and tachycardic. By evening she was agitated, combative, and was gasping for air when attempting to drink water. During this period hospital staff had been following standard infection prevention precautions.

At that point hospital staff questioned her family about animal exposure and learned about the dog bite. By the next morning the patient required intubation and mechanical ventilation, and EEG showed severe problems. She was sedated, and the Virginia Department of Health was notified of possible rabies. Rabies was confirmed by real-time detection of virus in saliva and skin biopsy specimens.

Show Notes for Thursday January 17, 2019 with Dr. Lorna Walker

SUBJECT OF THE DAY

Cold and flu, respiratory conditions; this time of year is prime time for this.

Nutribiotic GSE NASAL SPRAY ~ Spray 1-2 squirts into the nasal passages 2-3 times daily; try to breathe in through your nose when spraying to deliver product into the sinus passages.

We encourage you to send us a topic that interests you that we can discuss on Trending Topic Thursdays – call, email or text us today!

CALL 844-855-2006

TEXT 252-316-2117

EMAIL: Info@FIGTreeLive.com

CALLERS 844-855-2006

CALLER:    Brian / Pensacola, FL Pinched nerve; plays violin. Needs help. Has seen a chiropractor with no help. Doctors providing pain management. Wants to complete and return the Questionnaire.

MEDICATIONS TAKEN:    

DISCUSSION: Continuous/repetitive movement can cause inflammation, pain, bone spur, etc. May need surgery to remove the bone spur.

FIGTreeVitamins.com SYSTEMIC CLEANSING Package, featuring Enteric Proteolytic Systemic Oral Enzymes (PSOEs) Tablets.

FIGTreeVitamins MAGNESIUM GLYCINATE for natural stress, anxiety and muscle relaxation (Take 1 capsule per day upon rising; may take another at bedtime).

Moving to Texas.

Brian will get his personal/private coupon code to save 15% off PLUS free shipping at the FIGTREE VITAMINS STORE, or call Gary to order by telephone ~ 210-504-9906!

DISCUSSION ~ FloInFL posted about her daughter’s thyroid; going to have trouble losing weight with synthetic thyroid. 6 small meals per day, do NOT skip GOOD carbs, or you will be unable to convert T4 to T3. Probably Grave’s Disease; Synthroid causes rapid weight gain. Light exercise, such as walking and can lose weight and gain energy.

THYROID POST

Show Notes for Saturday January 5, 2019 with Dr. Lorna Walker

CALL US: 844-855-2006

TEXT US: 252-316-2117

EMAIL US: Info@FIGTreeLive.com

DISCUSSION & ANNOUNCEMENTS

844-855-2006

NOW THROUGH JANUARY 6, 2019, FIGTREEVITAMINS.COM IS HAVING THEIR HAPPY NEW YEAR SALE, 20% OFF EVERYTHING IN THE STORE – USE COUPON CODE “2019” TO SAVE!

NEW FROM FIGTREE VITAMINSDMG-B15  FOR BETTER BREATHING AND LUNG FUNCTION! COMBINE WITH FIGTREE’S COQ10 200MG FOR COPD AND OTHER LUNG DISEASE. COMBINE WITH THEIR ALLERGY & RESPIRATORY BALANCE PACKAGE FOR ANY TYPE OF LUNG CONGESTION, ALLERGIES, BRONCHITIS, PNEUMONIA AND OTHER TEMPORARY OR RECURRING DYSFUNCTION OF THE LUNGS AND AIR PASSAGES! Be sure to use COUPON CODE 2019 and save 20% off now!

EMAILS AND POSTS

Q: Keegan/NV I read an article about drinking 1 teaspoon baking soda and the juice of 1 lemon in a glass of water 3 times a day will kill cancer cells and is 10 times stronger than chemotherapy but healthy. Do you know anything about that? I want to try it on my dad.

A: This would balance pH in the body. Baking soda alkalizes and lemon is a natural anti-microbial. Not sure it is a substitute for chemotherapy or that it kills cancer cells, though I am sure it helps some people.

Dr. Lorna ~ Without double blind studies, it is difficult to know if that was what worked. Chemotherapy does cause cancer to spread (Dr. Lorna cites ABSTRACT from December 31). It discussed, specifically, breast cancer and discussed cancer spreading to the lungs after chemotherapy for breast cancer. There are many articles that discuss chemotherapy’s spread of cancer throughout organs and tissues of the body.

Start with checking your current diet against our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet.

Q: Rena/MS I wrote you all about a month ago about my dog with crystals in her urine. I got the urtica urens MT and am giving it to her and also put her the food my vet recommended, Royal Canin SO, which she has been eating for a little over a month. I opted not to put her on alopurinol, so the diet and tincture are all she’s on. 

I haven’t gotten the natures variety from our Petsmart yet but will soon. My question today is does urtica urens MT have negatives? She is not doing well with her legs and she shakes sometimes. She fell off the couch twice and sometimes when she walks her legs spread out and she can’t get up. Also, she yelps when we pick her up sometimes. None of that is all the time, but she can’t go up and down stairs anymore at all.

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Royal Canin depletes minerals, which could explain muscle weakness, problems jumping up and down on sofa, etc. Monitor your dog’s water consumption.

There are no negative effects from URTICA URENS MT , but there are many complaints about Royal Canin SO, including muscle weakness, tremors, diarrhea, vomiting and other effects.

ROYAL CANIN FOODS COMPLAINTS

Please contact her veterinarian and ask for guidance.

Also, consider using the FIGTreeVitamins.com DOG & CAT HEALTH Package. 

NOW THROUGH JANUARY 6, 2019, FIGTREEVITAMINS.COM IS HAVING THEIR HAPPY NEW YEAR SALE, 20% OFF EVERYTHING IN THE STORE – USE COUPON CODE “2019” TO SAVE!

Q: Mike H/FL Since October 15th I decided to lose weight by eating a 6” sub from Subway for lunch and another one for dinner every day. No cheese, only on whole wheat, lots of vegetables (tomato, lettuce, onions, olives, guacamole and pickles) along with the meats (usually the roast beef, turkey or ham and sometimes the Cold Cut Combo or BMT). I also drink 48 ounces of water every day. No snacks. The good news is I lost 20 pounds but the bad news is I am having some constipation and stomach pain and wonder if their sandwiches are why. I am healthy, age 36, 6’3” and down to 240lbs, never take drugs, alcohol and don’t smoke. My target weight is 195 lbs.  

A: Dr. Lorna ~ The bread is not 100% whole grain, so insufficient fiber. You reduced weight because you reduced caloric intake, not because of what he ate. Needs a lot of vegetables and no cold cuts, which are processed. Will lose weight and remain healthy doing so. Water, fiber, veggies will repair constipation.

FIGTreeVitamins’ DIGESTION PACKAGE, FIGTreeVitamins.com SYSTEMIC CLEANSING Package, is great for losing weight, cleansing the body and correcting digestion; also recommend checking your current diet against our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet.

The Package contains contains 2 bottles each of FIGTree Ultra Proteozimes and FIGTree Spirulina, plus 1 bottle FIGTree Alpha Lipoic Acid.

BEFORE YOU CAN READ AND ACCESS REFERENCE CENTER ARTICLES, if you have not already become a FREE Member, we invite you to REGISTER (and each time you visit thereafter, be sure to LOG-IN each time you visit FIGTREE LIVE.com, so that you can access all of the features, including diets, cleanses, regimens and health articles in the Reference Center, chat with others in the Live Chat Forums, play with the health tools, check out surgical videos and all of the other features on the website! Just use the pull-down menu by placing your mouse over MEMBER RESOURCES on the green bar across the top of the Home Page at FIGTreeLIVE.com.

Q: Coki/WA I use Flonase regularly and am noticing all the time I smell dirt or what is like cigarette smoke (never smoked) and food doesn’t taste right. The doctor says that’s a side effect of nasal steroid sprays and told me take Benadryl instead. I also had cancer and chemo years ago. Could that be part of this? It only came on a couple of weeks ago but it is frustrating.

A: Dr. Lorna ~ This is an indicator of fungal overgrowth, likely associated with chemotherapy in the past and has become a systemic issue. Suggest following our ANTIFUNGAL ROTATION Regimen using FIGTreeVitamins.com ANTIFUNGAL PACKAGE, and checking your current diet against our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet, which is intended to prevent fungal, parasitic and other microbial overgrowth by helping to starve toxic microbes by omitting the foods and beverages that help them thrive; use the links above to access the articles, antifungal package and dietary changes necessary to combat fungal overgrowth.

Nutribiotic GSE NASAL SPRAY ~ Spray 1-2 squirts into the nasal passages 2-3 times daily; try to breathe in through your nose when spraying to deliver product into the sinus passages. The link I am providing is to order direct from Nutribiotic; they are not a participating discount vendor of FIGTreeLive.com. HOWEVER, as Dr. Lorna points out, just treating the sinus problem will not resolve the root cause of the problem.

BUT, Couple that nasal spray with the FIGTreeVitamins.com ALLERGY & RESPIRATORY BALANCE Package so that you are not dependent upon sinus and respiratory medications; the products in this package are clinically shown to aid with clearing the sinuses, lungs and throat of congestion systemically by addressing the root cause of your inflammation, and infection, as well as enhancing immune system function to become better faster, particularly for those with recurring respiratory conditions, such as colds, allergies, asthma, bronchitis and pneumonia, and while they cannot cure progressive diseases caused by severe damages from smoking, pollution, asbestos and other toxic exposure, the products in this package have been found to help ease some of the discomfort of those with COPD, emphysema and other progressive respiratory diseases.

Q: Melvina/AL Your talk about chemo and cleaning out the body, discontinuing sugar and eating healthy made sense. Where do I start? My last cancer treatment was in January 2018. Is it too late for me to clean it out? Mostly, you make me smile and laugh but what you preach is so very helpful. Thank you for your show.

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Never too late to get chemicals and metals or other toxins out of the body. Survival rates are based upon 5 years, when many cancer patients who go through chemo/radiation therapies are set at the 5 year timeframe. If you have had cancer and it is in remission, what are you doing different (changing diet, systemically cleansing, etc.) to reduce chances of cancer returning. We recommend checking your current diet against our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet.  A lot of people actually starve to death from chemotherapy. Cancer cells grow rapidly, usually feeding on sugars, so the chemo is eating up what you eat and depriving you of nutrients.

FIGTreeVitamins.com BASIC WELLNESS PACKAGE, and, if you are not hungry in the morning, please start your day with a glass of FIGTreeVitamins.com raw/undenatured, organic unflavored WHEY PROTEIN Powder, as beginning your day with protein jump-starts your brain and makes focusing and mental clarity stronger! It is never too late to systemically cleanse metals and chemicals from chemo, prescription drugs or other toxins from your body. Please NEVER use Ensure or other adult “nutrient” beverage that contain multiple sugars, soy and other cheap garbage. Not nutritional at all, just filling. Recommending 3-6 months of using FIGTreeVitamins.com SYSTEMIC CLEANSING Package to systemically cleanse your entire body, systemically, of chemicals and also aid with healing after the damages of both chemo and radiation therapies.

Q: Melanie/FL I eat right, lots of veggies, organic unprocessed meats and whole grains but I still get sluggish and tired by afternoon. I drink coffee or tea during the day to keep awake but I still have that tired feeling by 2-3PM. Also, I then have trouble getting to sleep once the sun goes down. No meds ever. I use your wellness package. What else do I need?

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Without a food diary, difficult to make definitive remarks, but suspects her diet is carb heavy, which causes that tiredness in the afternoon and waking up in the evening, poor sleep. Could be hypoglycemic or could be histamine intolerant but cannot know without a food diary…and HONEST food diary; don’t tell me what you think I want to hear. Keep a notebook of all that you eat and drink all day long, every day for 2 weeks and email it to us info@figtreelive.com. Discussion of Benadryl, Exedrin PM, PPI’s, Metformin, etc.

One of the primary causes of that afternoon exhaustion is Vitamin D deficiency, so suggesting FIGTreeVitamins.com VITAMIN D 2000 Liquid Drops (1-3 drops under tongue 2-3 times daily or more, as needed; allow to sit for at least 30 seconds before swallowing, or allowing to dissipate naturally) for avoiding colds/flu, breast health, muscle pain/weakness, bone/joint pain, fatigue, moodiness/depression, anxiety, PMS and other concerns of deficiency.

Can also be from depleted Vitamin B’s, especially if your job is stressful:

FIGTreeVitamins.com VITAMIN B COMPLEX Co-enzymated Capsules are the most highly absorbable B-complex available! (1 capsule daily with food in the morning; may repeat, if needed, at lunch. Please do not take within 5 hours of bedtime as B-complex can keep some people awake)

WITH

FIGTreeVitamins.com Methylated VITAMIN B-12 3000mcg Lozenges (1 upon rising and 1 midday; allow to dissolve naturally in the mouth and absorb sublingually into the bloodstream). May take up to 4 per day for neurological diseases.

Discussion re PPI, difference between Tums and PPI’s. Tums neutralize the stomach acid temporarily, while PPIs actually cause more proton pumps to offset the PPI’s actions in suppressing the acid that is essential to digest food. Tagamet and Zantac also work temporarily and the effects can be overcome, but PPI’s interfere with the body’s normal function. This is not about excess stomach acid so much as the acid goes up into the esophagus, where it burns, and the valve to the esophagus has been weakened. What causes valve to weaken? Over-eating, lack of fiber (which strengthens valves), eating late at night. Can weaken the effectiveness of birth control pills.

News You Can Use! Friday January 4, 2019 with DocJon & Vicki

News & Discussion!

COCKROACHES TO THE RESCUE!

Reuters

China’s Unusual Urban Waste Disposal System

Cockroaches are big business in China, where, according to Reuters, teeming colonies of them are entrusted with the serious job of devouring tons of kitchen waste. Though the thought of millions of cockroaches together in one location sounds like something from a horror movie, it is actually the foundation of an innovative urban waste disposal system.

The goal: Reduce the amount of food-related garbage deposited in landfills. The issue of food waste is particularly problematic in large Chinese cities with rapidly expanding populations. Because roaches have voracious appetites and are easy to house, they are, it seems, the perfect match for China’s garbage problem. The cockroach farms are maintained in humid, near-dark conditions, which are ideal for the insects. When the bugs eventually die, they are usually transformed into other things. Cockroaches are able and willing to devour almost anything. They can consume up to 5 percent of their body weight every day. QUOTE-Cockroaches have been eating plants and organic matter since hundreds of millions of years ago,” “They are experts in waste composting”

Cockroaches Picking Up Where Pigs Left Off After Swine Fever Outbreak

“Cockroaches are a biotechnological pathway for the converting and processing of kitchen waste,” says Liu Yusheng, president of Shandong Insect Industry Association and entomology professor at Shandong Agricultural University. The roach industry is primed to grow even more as a result of the new laws around pigs and food waste. In the past three years, Liu notes the number of cockroach farmers in Shandong alone has tripled to about 400. “There have been huge developments in cockroach breeding and research in the past few years,” said Liu.

Novel Uses for Cockroaches Include Health and Beauty Applications

Beyond eating waste, cockroaches are valued for other reasons, including their eggs. Liu told China Daily his company can earn 36.5 million yuan ($5.3 million) a year by selling protein feed produced from cockroach eggs. “A cockroach begins laying eggs when it is 4 months old. It lays one egg each week and can lay eggs for eight months,” Liu said.

In addition, roaches are being considered for their potential usefulness in health and beauty products and medications. Gooddoctor Pharmaceutical Research, established in 1998, is raising about 6 billion cockroaches. Beyond the use of cockroaches in medications, researchers at Gooddoctor are also investigating the possibility of using roach extracts in beauty masks, diet pills and even hair-loss treatments. Gooddoctor also says it can be used to treat diabetic ulcers and severe skin wounds, and where do you think they are planning on shipping all those fat pills to? “At Gooddoctor, when cockroaches reach the end of their life span of about six months, they are blasted by steam, washed and dried, before being sent to a huge nutrient extraction tank.”

Cockroaches Used to Feed Chickens and Humans

At Shandong employees bake and mill dead cockroaches into high-protein powder that is added to chicken feed. They claim the powder has been found to “reduce body fat and boost immunity in the 1,000-plus chickens they also raise.” The South China Morning Post calls out the high protein content of cockroaches, suggesting they can be useful as food not just for animals, but humans as well. According to Liu, restaurants in major cockroach-farming provinces like Shandong, already sell cockroach dishes for human consumption. Very often, molting cockroaches are seasoned with salt or spices and then deep-fried or stir-fried.

DISCUSSION:    

FOOD FROM CHINA

PROTON PUMP INHIBITORS MAY BOOST HIP FRACTURE RISK

December 27, 2018

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) – Patients taking oral proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) may be at increased risk of hip fracture, a meta-analysis of observational data suggests. “Physicians should, therefore, exercise caution when considering a long-term PPI treatment to their patients who already have an elevated risk of hip fracture,” Dr. Yu-Chuan Jack Li and colleagues at Taipei Medical University advise. “In addition, patients should be concerned about the inappropriate use of PPIs.”

Dr. Li and colleagues reviewed the standard online medical databases from 1990 to 2018 for observational studies that included at least 500 adults with hip fracture who were followed for at least a year. They found 24 studies with a total of 2.1 million participants, including 319,568 with hip fracture, that met all the eligibility criteria.

“Physicians should, therefore, exercise caution when prescribing long-term PPIs to those patients at higher risk for hip fracture, especially patients aged more than 50 years,” the authors urge. “However,” they advise, “patients with GERD or other related disorders should not discontinue this medication solely on the basis of hip fracture risk.”

DISCUSSION: Dr. Helen has been talking about this for decades, as she specializes in osteoporosis in women, but also more recently in men, as this is becoming a pharmaceutical-induced epidemic, especially since PPIs like Omeprazole, are available everywhere without a prescription now, so people are taking a product without any warning from their doctors or a pharmacist’s counseling. Alternative to PPI’s, repair your faulty digestive system! Consider using FIGTreeVitamins’ DIGESTION PACKAGE, for anyone with acid reflux and, for those who will continue using PPI’s, PLEASE protect your bones by using FIGTreeVitamins.com BONE- BUILDER Package, which contains ONE BOTTLE FIGTree Vitamins Bone Support Tablets (240 count) and TWO BOTTLES Strontium Citrate, 680mg (60 Tablets. Suggested Use: Take two (2) Strontium tablets daily upon rising, on an empty stomach. Take six (6) Bone Support tablets daily at bedtime, on an empty stomach. IT IS IMPORTANT TO TAKE BONE SUPPORT AT BEDTIME IF TAKING STRONTIUM CITRATE (WHICH SHOULD BE TAKEN UPON RISING FOR YOUR DAY; IT IS IMPORTANT TO USE THESE SUPPLEMENTS EXACTLY AS RECOMMENDED HERE.

The Bone Builder Package (formerly the Bone-Osteo Builder Package) is used by people concerned about Osteoporosis; it contains MCHA, the most highly absorbable form of calcium, and strontium to re-mineralize bones naturally without inhibiting proper bone growth and recycling. 1 MONTH SUPPLY

Also, if you have osteoporosis, considering using FIGTreeVitamins.com VITAMIN D 2000 Liquid Drops (1-3 drops under tongue 2-3 times daily or more, as needed; allow to sit for at least 30 seconds before swallowing, or allowing to dissipate naturally) for avoiding colds/flu, breast health, muscle pain/weakness, bone/joint pain, fatigue, moodiness/depression, anxiety, PMS and other concerns of deficiency.

Only a few days left! SALE ENDS AT 11:59PM JANUARY 6, 2019 ~  FIGTREEVITAMINS.COM HAPPY NEW YEAR SALE, 20% OFF EVERYTHING IN THE STORE – USE COUPON CODE “2019” TO SAVE!

And also

Dr. Helen’s Blue label Bio-Identical Phyto PROGESTERONE cream (apply TWICE per day; 1/4 tsp to an inner arm, inner thigh, breast, neck or fatty area of stomach – rotate application site with each application). Dr. Lee said you can use every 30 minutes if needed until hot flashes are gone. If still menstruating, count YOUR day 1 (first day of period), then begin using the cream or pills twice per day beginning day 12 through day 26.

To order from Dr. Helen’s office, must call & leave message at 800-301-1982 or email your order to hp@askdrhelen.com (include your telephone number) and be sure to mention you are a FIGTree LIVE member to get 20% off – they will call you back for credit card information and to confirm your order.

MEDITERRANEAN EDGES OUT DASH FOR BEST DIET OF 2019

January 02, 2019

The Mediterranean diet has earned the top spot as the best overall diet in the 2019 U.S. News & World Report annual diet rankings. Last year, the perennial favorite tied for top place with the DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) diet, but this year it bumped DASH to second. Both diets emphasize fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. “This is the first year that the Mediterranean diet ranked first all by itself,” says Angela Haupt, assistant managing editor of health at U.S. News. The publication’s panel of experts ranked 41 diet plans, including a newcomer to the list that’s gotten a lot of buzz: the Nordic diet.

New Diet on the List

The attention the Nordic diet has been gaining from health experts led to its ranking, Haupt says. “It’s quite similar to the Mediterranean diet,” she says. It recommends plenty of fish, vegetables, and whole grains. It tied for third place as the best plant-based diet.

DISCUSSION: As long as it is wild fish and not farmed fish, that is fine, but for those who are not big fish fans, organically raised beef, poultry and pork are also great protein choices, as are tree grown nuts and seeds and their butters. Lots of non-starchy vegetables, organic (non-GMO) grains and low-glycemic fruits, such as apples, berries. Please checking your current diet against our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet.

DIET SODA LINKED TO INCREASED RISK FOR DIABETIC RETINOPATHY

Veronica Hackethal, MD

December 31, 2018

Drinking diet soda may increase the risk for proliferative diabetic retinopathy — a severe type of diabetic eye disease that can lead to blindness — according to a study published online in the Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology journal.

The study is the first to evaluate the link between soft drink consumption and microvascular complications of diabetes.

“In our clinical sample of people with diabetes, consuming more than four cans, or 1.5 liters, of diet soft drinks per week was associated with a twofold increased risk of having diabetic retinopathy,” first author Eva Fenwick, PhD, told Medscape Medical News. Fenwick is a clinical research fellow at the Singapore Eye Research Institute and an assistant professor at the Duke-NUS Medical School, Singapore. Interestingly, the study did not find a correlation between consumption of regular, sugar-sweetened soft drinks and increased risk for diabetic retinopathy.

Diet soft drinks have been marketed as a healthier option to regular soft drinks, yet a growing body of evidence has suggested that artificial sweeteners may also have detrimental health effects. Past research has linked diet soda to increased cardiometabolic risk, poor cardiovascular outcomes, and type 2 diabetes. Although the biological mechanism remains unknown, some researchers hypothesize that diet beverages may “fake out” the body to assume more energy has been consumed than it really has. That may lead to increased hunger and higher calorie intake in the long run.

DISCUSSION: Eat and drink whole, natural foods if you are diabetic and remember, there are NO shortcuts to proper health.

AFTER DAMAGING REUTERS REPORT, J&J DOUBLES DOWN ON TALC SAFETY MESSAGE

January 03, 2019

NEW YORK/LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – Johnson & Johnson Inc’s statement was unequivocal. “The FDA has tested Johnson’s talc since the ’70s. Every single time it did not contain asbestos,” the company said in a Dec. 19 tweet. It followed by several days the publication of a Reuters investigation that found the healthcare conglomerate knew for decades that the carcinogen lurked in its Baby Powder and other cosmetic talc products. The tweet, posted under the handle @JNJNews, didn’t mention that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) found traces of asbestos in the company’s Shower to Shower talc in 1973, as revealed in agency documents reviewed by Reuters. And it is only one of dozens of tweets conveying a similar message about talc safety since the Reuters article appeared Dec. 14.

The Reuters article prompted a stock selloff that erased about $40 billion from J&J’s market value in one day and created a public relations crisis as the blue-chip healthcare conglomerate faced widespread questions about the possible health effects of one of its most iconic products. That position has been unwavering. J&J insists that its Baby Powder is safe and has been asbestos-free at least since regular testing began in the 1970s. The message doubles down on the stance the company has taken to defend against lawsuits in which about 11,700 plaintiffs allege that the J&J talc they used in past decades caused their cancer. The company is pursuing this strategy despite the evidence that talc in its raw and finished powders sometimes tested positive for the carcinogen from the 1970s into the early 2000s — test results that the company didn’t disclose to regulators or consumers.

Given the mass of litigation it faces, J&J has little choice but to zealously dispute findings that its products sometimes contained traces of asbestos, said Eric Dezenhall, a crisis-management consultant in Washington, D.C. “If your position in court is that the claims being made are false…you can’t just shrug your shoulders,” he said.

DISCUSSION: Cornstarch was used, safely, long before talc became available. AND, it is cheap.

Only a few days left! SALE ENDS AT 11:59PM JANUARY 6, 2019 ~  FIGTREEVITAMINS.COM HAPPY NEW YEAR SALE, 20% OFF EVERYTHING IN THE STORE – USE COUPON CODE “2019” TO SAVE!

Show Notes for Thursday January 3, 2019 with Dr. Lorna Walker

TRENDING TOPICS THURSDAY

We encourage you to send us a topic that interests you that we can discuss on Trending Topic Thursdays – call, email or text us today!

CALL 844-855-2006

TEXT 252-316-2117

EMAIL: Info@FIGTreeLive.com

A lady texted that her grown nephew is coming to visit and asked his mother to get tofu and other soy-based products. Which vegetables are highest in protein and calcium? SO, the topic of the day is, HOW CAN A VEGAN GET THE PROTEIN THEY NEED WITHOUT CONSUMING SOY?

Discussion ~ Legumes and brown rice, nuts and seeds are high in protein and can be a complete protein but in far lower amounts and there can be depleted nutrients. Lentils, beans, chickpeas, whole grain brown rice, amaranth and quinoa (contains the 8 amino acids), etc. Nutritional yeast (unless you have Candida), spirulina, nuts and seeds. Consuming sufficient nutrients can cause them to gain weight. Vegetarian group suggests 10% animal protein, which you can get from eggs and dairy. Brown rice: Great nutritional value, incomplete proteins and lacking in amino acids. Arsenic in most rice in the southern U.S.; get the certified organic rice grown California. Quinoa is a good choice, as well. Chronometer can tell you how much protein you are getting. Also essential to check thyroid routinely as soy depresses proper thyroid function. Gynemastia (man-boobs) is commonly caused by soy. Green leafy veggies are a good source of magnesium and calcium. He will have to supplement B12, at least, and maybe other nutrients. Women also need to understand that fibroids, fibrocystic breast, types of cancer, etc. are caused by soy consumption because it causes hormonal imbalances. Just because something is high in protein, does not insure it is high in amino acids.

Vegans are notoriously lacking in so many nutrients, it is difficult to cover them all so using the FIGTreeVitamins.com BASIC WELLNESS PACKAGE, which contains a total of 5 products that are suitable for vegans too. He may also need FIGTreeVitamins.com VITAMIN B COMPLEX Co-enzymated Capsules are the most highly absorbable B-complex available! (1 capsule daily with food in the morning; may repeat, if needed, at lunch. Please do not take within 5 hours of bedtime as B-complex can keep some people awake). Also, FIGTreeVitamins.com Methylated VITAMIN B-12 3000mcg Lozenges, as no non-animal protein contains B-12.

Also, if he does consume a lot of soybeans, natto, soy “milk,” soy flour and soybean oil in breads and other convenience foods, soy is indigestible, which is why it causes a lot of cramping, bloating, constipation OR diarrhea in most people – it is actually one of the top 3 allergens, so using FIGTreeVitamins.com DIGESTIVE ENZYMES Ultra Veggie (1-2 with each meal or snack) for high-potency digestion of soy, beans and grains would be a smart consideration, as well.

If willing to consume animal byproducts, such as eggs, milk and other dairy, we also recommend purchasing FIGTreeVitamins.com raw/undenatured, organic unflavored WHEY PROTEIN Powder, particularly if your diet does not contain sufficient protein daily (about half your weight in grams of protein, up to a total of 70 grams protein EVERY DAY) to provide a more comprehensive and potent supply of all of the amino acids necessary to burn fat, build muscle and provide nutrients to the organs, joints and tissues throughout the entire body. FIGTree’s Whey Protein is unsweetened/unflavored; each canister contains 32 servings, yielding 19g protein, muscle and brain-building amino acids, and less than 1g naturally occurring carbohydrates in each serving! Derived from organically raised, grassfed cows; non-GMO, no hormones.

One serving daily supplies all of the needed amino acids required daily, as well as naturally occurring immune system builders. It is Ultra Filtered to remove impurities and is also Non-GMO and rBGH Free, mixes easily in water, unsweetened almond or coconut milk.

At the very least, he should consider using Dr. Helen’s Blue label Bio-Identical Phyto PROGESTERONE to offset all that estrogen he is consuming. If he is low in libido, he might also consider using  TESTRON  and Dr. Helen’s TESTOSTERONE CREAM for men; apply 1/2 teaspoon to inner thighs, inner arms or scrotum – rotate application site daily.

To order from Dr. Helen’s office, must call & leave message at 800-301-1982 or email your order to hp@askdrhelen.com (include your telephone number) and be sure to mention you are a FIGTree LIVE member to get 20% off – they will call you back for credit card information and to confirm your order.

DISCLAIMER

NOTE: Whether or not you are able to use any of the suggestions above depends upon your health history, medications taken, surgeries and therapies, etc.

FIGTreeLive.com sells no products; however, all members and listeners may purchase products at great discounted pricing from participating vendors! If you have not already done so, please Register for a FREE MEMBERSHIP today;  have full access to articles in the Reference Center, read and post in the Live Chat Forum, answer questions and get suggestions from our experts ~ let’s work toward natural health together!

Better yet, why not call the FIGTree Live Show when we are LIVE? Wednesday – Friday 2-2:30PM Eastern/11-11:30am Pacific, AND on Saturdays 1-2PM Eastern/10-11am Pacific – the toll-free telephone number is 844-855-2006 and Dee will answer your call, put you on hold (you will be able to hear the show while on hold) then the professionals on the  FIGTree LIVE Show will ask questions and help you to incorporate natural healthy ideas into your daily regimen so you can get well. PLUS, when you call the show, you will receive THREE MONTHS FREE private, personalized email help anytime you need us, PLUS 15% off AND FREE SHIPPING when shopping at the FIGTREE VITAMINS STORE . We will give you your own coupon code to use during checkout, during your three months free period! All Members, as well as HealthTalk LIVE listeners receive MEMBER DISCOUNTS from Participating Discount Vendors, such as FIGTreeVitamins.com, RenewLife, Dr. Helen and more (follow the links and learn how!)

Why not post your questions in the Live Chat Forum, under HEALTH CHAT, or call and speak with the health professionals on the FIGTree LIVE Show, Wednesdays – Fridays (2-2:30PM Eastern / 11-11:30am Pacific) and Saturdays (1-2PM Eastern /10-11am Pacific)?

All statements are the opinion of staff at FIGTreeLive.com and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. All ideas provided are given based upon information provided, including all health experiences, therapies, surgeries, medications taken, etc., in the past, present or foreseeable future. John, Vicki, other FIGTreeLive.com staff, and anyone directly associated with the website, FIGTreeLive.com, are not responsible for negative or harmful side-effects you may experience as a result of ideas shared. No other company, person or entity is associated with FIGTreeLive.com, John, Vicki or any staff member; nor is there any association, obligation or interest between FIGTreeLive.com and sponsors, discount participants or advertisers, implied or otherwise, as having any association or agreement with views and opinions provided on FIGTreeLive.com. Prescription drugs have the potential for harmful side-effects, which may also be influenced by using nutritional supplements; please consult with your Medical Doctor and Pharmacist before using supplements of any kind. Only your Medical Doctor and Pharmacist are acquainted with your health issues and are able to diagnose your specific healthcare requirements. No one at FIGTreeLive.com is trained to diagnose and you should never self-diagnose in lieu of proper medical care and advice. Please avail yourself of all diagnostic testing available to you. Statements made may not have been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. If you are exhibiting symptoms or have a health concern, we encourage you to contact your physician immediately.

Forum Timezone: America/North_Dakota/Center
Most Users Ever Online: 233
Currently Online:
Guest(s)
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 12
Members: 1987
Moderators: 0
Admins: 4