SHOW NOTES FOR FEBRUARY 2019 (most recent to oldest) | HEALTH CHAT | Welcome to the FIGTree Live Forum

A A A
Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_Print forum-icon
SHOW NOTES FOR FEBRUARY 2019 (most recent to oldest)
February 22, 2019
1:40 pm
VickiY.
Admin
Forum Posts: 1823
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

FEBRUARY 2019

SHOW NOTES ARE BELOW; please note that links are included and they are CAPITALIZED/ITALIC/BOLD (place mouse over these links to visit the websites or areas of FIGTreeLive.com where the information may be found).

If you are looking for show information older than that listed here, we do keep archives available for each month. Just request show notes for the month in question or listen to past shows, you may link to the continuous loop of the FIGTREE LIVE SHOW on the air through our website or you may link to specific PAST SHOWS.  

January 31, 2019
4:31 pm
VickiY.
Admin
Forum Posts: 1823
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

FEBRUARY 2019 (most recent on top) FINAL LIVE SHOW IS THURSDAY, FEB.28, 2019

OPENING BLESSING DAILY: Heavenly Father, we ask You to bless today’s show, and to bless those who are listening and struggling with a health issue. Father, please help us to provide guidance to those who need help, that we may assist them to heal through You…in Jesus’ name we pray ~ Amen

CALL THE SHOW: Saturday (Feb 23), Wednesday (Feb 27) and/or Thursday (Feb 28 – our final live show!), TOLL-FREE 844-855-2006

FIGTree Live call-in show#: 844-855-2006

FIGTree Live text only show #: 252-316-2117

Email FIGTree Live at INFO@FIGTREELIVE.COM

Call us on the FIGTREE LIVE Show when the show is LIVE, and Dee will answer your call, get your name and town and put  you on hold;  you will be able to hear the show while on hold until we take your call….AND if you want to use a fake name, town and state, you are welcome to do that in case you are worried someone may recognize you! 844-855-2006! 

IS THE PRINT ON THIS SITE TOO SMALL? INCREASE THE FONT ON YOUR SCREEN BY HOLDING DOWN THE “CONTROL” BUTTON, WHILE CLICKING ONTO THE “+” BUTTON TO INCREASE SIZE (REDUCE SIZE BY DOING THE SAME USING THE “-” BUTTON). OR COPY/PASTE INTO A WORD DOCUMENT, THEN INCREASE THE FONT TO THE SIZE COMFORTABLE FOR YOU.

NOTE: PRODUCTS AND ARTICLE LINKS ARE SIGNIFIED BY CAPITAL/ITALIC/ BOLD LETTERING – RUN YOUR CURSOR OVER THEM AND LINK DIRECTLY.

THE SHOW NOTES DATED BELOW ARE FROM LIVE SHOWS ONLY; YOU MAY LIST TO REPLAYS ANYTIME! 

Listen to a rotation of shows through LISTEN LIVE (lets you listen to a continuous loop of FIGTree LIVE shows BUT when the show is LIVE on the air, most Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, the replay will fade to the live show. After the live show is over, you will hear the replay show fade back in right where you left off, so you never miss anything!) or click onto SHOW ARCHIVE (lets you listen to specific shows, by date and topic, that you may have missed).

INTERESTED IN DIETS, CLEANSES, ROTATION REGIMENS AND OTHER HEALTH HELPERS?

Before you can read and access Reference Center Articles, or post in the Forums, you will need to become a free member:

If you have not already become a FREE Member, we invite you to REGISTER (and each time you visit thereafter, be sure to LOG-IN each time you visit FIGTREE LIVE.com, so that you can access all of the features, including diets, cleanses, regimens and health articles in the Reference Center, chat with others in the Live Chat Forums, play with the health tools, check out surgical videos and all of the other features on the website! Just use the pull-down menu by placing your mouse over MEMBER RESOURCES on the green bar across the top of the Home Page at FIGTreeLIVE.com.

THE TRIPLE THREAT TO DISEASE: DIET, EXERCISE & WATER!

Dr. Jon, Dr. Lorna, Gary, Val and Vicki are all retiring effective March 1, 2019.

The FIGTREE VITAMINS STORE IS closing effective Friday, March 1, 2019, so its last day selling products is Thursday, February 28th. EVERYTHING left at the Figtree Vitamins store is 30-50% off, so if you have thought about buying anything there before it closes, there is now LESS than one week left.

Our last FIGTree LIVE show will be next Thursday, February 28, 2019; however, past shows will remain available. I do not know yet if the LISTEN LIVE feature, which puts show into a continuous loop, that rotates shows endlessly, will be available but you will be able to listen to each show that is in the SHOW ARCHIVE files.

HOWEVER, as Dr. Jon often says, Vicki is still “just a Spring chicken,” so she intends to continue running the FIGTREE LIVE.com website FREE, so that you can access all of the features, including diets, cleanses, regimens and health articles in the Reference Center, chat with others in the Live Chat Forums, play with the health tools, check out surgical videos and all of the other features on the website! Just use the pull-down menu by placing your mouse over MEMBER RESOURCES on the green bar across the top of the Home Page at FIGTreeLIVE.com.

So, Vicki will be around and happy to chat; she will also be happy to suggest products that are similar to those that FIGTreeVitamins.com carried, so she hopes you will continue to join her online, RIGHT HERE, at FIGTREE LIVE.com!

Show Notes for Thursday February 28, 2019 with Dr. Lorna Walker ~ LAST SHOW TODAY!

We would like to thank all of you for joining us all these years on the FIGTree LIVE Show. We have loved every minute of bringing you this program and helping to bring you natural, healthy suggestions so that you can become healthier. We will miss you!

THE FIGTREEVITAMINS.COM STORE IS CLOSING TOMORROW AND YOU HAVE LESS THAN 10 HOURS TO BUY OUT THE REST OF THE INVENTORY AT NEAR WHOLESALE PRICING! FIGTREEVITAMINS.COM. SO VISIT AND BUY NOW – NO COUPON CODE IS NEEDED; PRICES ARE ALREADY MARKED DOWN – WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU PAY! No orders will be taken after 11:59PM TONIGHT!

ALSO, you can contact Dr. Lorna for private consultations and complete regimens; you may email her personally DrLornaW@FigtreeLive.com or DrLornaW@yahoo.com

Figtreelive.com WILL remain available, at least for a few months, so you can still post questions and concerns in the live chat forums, access all of the articles, diets, cleanses and regimens in the Reference Center and email me anytime too – info@figtreelive.com. Dr. Jon will be drinking coffee or moving sprinklers around, but we are keeping all of the figtreelive email addresses so you may continue emailing us for the foreseeable future and we hope you will! We would love to hear from you!

CALLERS

CALLER:  Violet / CA Sad our show is ending and loves the show. Taking Wobenzym for awhile 5+5. Does it cause leg cramps? Takes Dr. Becker’s chelated magnesium and magnesium citrate. What causes Eczema?

MEDICATIONS TAKEN:   none

DISCUSSION: PSOEs like Wobenzym do not cause leg cramps. Dr. Becker’s does not say what it is chelated to; if it is aspartic acid, it is not good for her needs. She needs magnesium taurate. Eczema is usually always fungal if properly diagnosed. A CRONOMETER can gage your nutrients and you can download the chronometer ANDROID APP for your Android cell phone too!

MONTH 1

FIGTreeVitamins.com WORMWOOD COMBINATION (2 capsules 2 times daily)

MONTH 2

OREGAMAX capsules (2 upon rising, 2 midday and 2 at bedtime, empty stomach)

MONTH 3

FIGTreeVitamins.com GARLIC ENTERIC-COAT Tablets (2 capsules upon rising, 2 capsules at bedtime; if too strong at first, may begin at half doses)

THE FIGTREE VITAMINS STORE STILL HAS THESE PRODUCTS LEFT, SO GET THEM WHILE YOU CAN ~ FIGTREEVITAMINS.COM NOW! NO COUPON CODE NECESSARY ANYMORE! PRICING IS ALREADY SET TO 30-50% OFF WHILE SUPPLIES LAST at FIGTREEVITAMINS.COM! FINAL CLEARANCE SALE – STORE IS CLOSING MARCH 1 SO BUY NOW!

If you email me, Info@figtreelive.com, with the list of products you bought from FIGTreeVitamins.com, I will be happy to recommend dosages, which are usually always higher than the label information on the bottle, which is typically only a preventative amount. Once you have the problem, it requires more to resolve.

EMAILS AND POSTS

Got a text from someone this morning asking about their sinus infections and seasonal allergies; I think I said something about the Navage awhile ago that I was going to try it and get back to you but never did…with all the pollen in the air, my husband bought me a Navage and I have been using it for about a week …AWESOME PRODUCT and so easy to use. Link to NAVAGE at Amazon. I am including the link in the Show Notes for February in the Live Chat Forum, Health Chat. I LOVE IT! The link I am providing also includes other products that can be helpful, but they will be messy, so you will need to either use them in the shower or while bending over the sink AND you will need to learn how to block your mouth from your sinuses or saltwater will go into your mouth. Navage eliminates all that but it is more expensive than other options, so whether or not the Navage is worth the expense for you probably depends upon how often you will use it…I use mine daily.

Q: Carolyn/NY I listened to your show Saturday and am going to miss all of you so much, but I am happy to hear that I can still listen to all your previous shows and post (I post as Nightbum). Like Ginger, I have constipation. I used to take ground organic psyllium husk and complained years ago that it worked sometimes but made the constipation worse most of the time. You said nobody should use psyllium and some other things more than a week. You helped to break my addiction to psyllium and the constipation using one of the renew life products, but I can’t remember which one and I used it up. I love Figtree Vitamins’ herbal bowel cleanse and have used it for 1-2 years, only really needing it a few times a month, and during all my travels, but I no longer need something every day, thanks to you. Since the store is closing, what is the name of the renew life product you recommended before, please? Good luck to you with your future plans and thank you for all these years of love and help. You guys are awesome. 

A: No one should use psyllium, cascara sagrada or senna; all three are herbal fibers, but they can become addictive when used beyond 2 weeks AND they severely constipate people who fail to drink sufficient water when using any of those herbs. None of the herbs in FIGTreeVitamins.com HERBAL BOWEL CLEANSE 2-part system are addictive, but that sold out, I see…so look for fiber products that contain NO psyllium, cascara sagrada or senna.

FIGTreeVitamins.com VITAMIN C POWDER Calcium Ascorbic Acid (1 scoop 2-3 times daily or more until just before diarrhea).

Try our RAW CLEANSE Diet for 1-2 weeks, followed by our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet OR Low FODMAPS & FOOD COMBINING Diet for histamine intolerance.

BEFORE YOU CAN READ REFERENCE CENTER ARTICLES, if you have not already become a FREE Member, we invite you to REGISTER (and each time you visit thereafter, be sure to LOG-IN each time you visit FIGTREE LIVE.com, so that you can access all of the features on our site. 

THE FIGTREE VITAMINS STORE STILL HAS THESE PRODUCTS LEFT, SO GET THEM WHILE YOU CAN ~ FIGTREEVITAMINS.COM NOW! NO COUPON CODE NECESSARY ANYMORE! PRICING IS ALREADY SET TO 30-50% OFF WHILE SUPPLIES LAST at FIGTREEVITAMINS.COM! FINAL CLEARANCE SALE – STORE IS CLOSING MARCH 1 SO BUY NOW!

Q: Carolyn/TX My 11 year old daughter spent September through Thanksgiving with my ex; her father, and swam most days on weekends and after school in Lake Travis. She was diagnosed with parasites just after Christmas and was on flagyl and 2 other drugs to kill them; however, we just found more in the toilet. I am at wit’s end! Is there something I can give her everyday that can get rid of them? What should she eat and not eat?

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Go back to the doctor and tell them Flagyl and other 2 drugs did not work to kill them. May need to go to a gastroenterologist or parasitologist along with a sample from the toilet.

NO raw fish or other meats; follow our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet.   

THE FIGTREE VITAMINS STORE STILL HAS THESE PRODUCTS LEFT, SO GET THEM WHILE YOU CAN ~ FIGTREEVITAMINS.COM NOW!NO COUPON CODE NECESSARY ANYMORE! PRICING IS ALREADY SET TO 30-50% OFF WHILE SUPPLIES LAST at FIGTREEVITAMINS.COM! FINAL CLEARANCE SALE – STORE IS CLOSING MARCH 1 SO BUY NOW!

If you email me, Info@figtreelive.com, with the list of products you bought from FIGTreeVitamins.com, I will be happy to recommend dosages, which are usually always higher than the label information on the bottle, which is typically only a preventative amount. Once you have the problem, it requires more to resolve.

News You Can Use! Wednesday February 27, 2019 with DocJon & Vicki

Vicki: Dr. Jon, Dr. Lorna, Gary, Val and I are all retiring DAY AFTER TOMORROW; TOMORROW IS OUR LAST SHOW. SO NOW IS THE TIME TO CALL; WE ARE LIVE 844-855-2006, AND YOU MAY CALL NOW FOR HELP WITH YOUR HEALTH PROBLEMS!

The FIGTREE VITAMINS STORE IS CLOSING AT 11:59PM TOMORROW (Thursday, February 28th), so you only have today and tomorrow to buy at incredible savings at FIGTREEVITAMINS.COM. EVERYTHING left is 30-50% off, so if you have thought about buying anything there before it closes, TODAY AND TOMORROW ARE ALL YOU’VE GOT! They still have some antiparasitics, antifungals, B-vitamins, C powder; the extra strength beta glucan is gone but there is still the 100mg beta glucan to strengthen your immune system; if necessary, you can simply double-up on that. Not sure what you need? CALL US NOW 844-855-2006.

You will be able to access everything at the figtreelive.com website for awhile longer; everything there is FREE FOR EVERYONE ~ all of our past shows will remain available (LISTEN LIVE is the continuous loop of random shows, and SHOW ARCHIVE, you can choose specific shows you want to hear), to access all of the diets, cleanses, regimens and health articles in the Reference Center, chat with others in the Live Chat Forums, listen to the shows and all of the other features on the website! Just use the pull-down menu by placing your mouse over MEMBER RESOURCES on the green bar across the top of the Home Page at FIGTreeLIVE.com. You can EMAIL US directly at  info@figtreelive.com

ALSO, you can HIRE Dr. Lorna for consultations; you may email her personally DrLornaW@FigtreeLive.com or DrLornaW@yahoo.com; Dr. Lorna sells no products, so for her time, providing you with links to natural products that would help you, dietary suggestions, any lab or radiological testing she might suggest to you, based upon your extensive health history, food diaries, etc., I hope you will agree that she deserves compensation for this great service.

MORE BAD NEWS ABOUT ASPARTAME AND ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS

ASPARTAME MAY BE MAKING YOU DUMB: STUDY FINDS THAT THE ARTIFICIAL SWEETENER DISRUPTS YOUR NEUROTRANSMITTERS

Posted: 04 Feb 2019 07:02 AM PST

Another study proves that artificial sweeteners like aspartame are harmful to your health. The study, which was published in the African Journal of Traditional, Complementary and Alternative Medicines, has revealed that aspartame damages the brain. In particular, consuming this chemical sweetener for a long time will increase oxidative stress in the brain tissue and will disrupt neurotransmitters that are important in physiological functions.

Researchers from King Abdulaziz University in Saudi Arabia examined the effect of aspartame consumption on neurotransmitters and oxidative stress in the brain of rats. For the study, they observed four groups of rats. One group served as the control group, while the other three groups received aspartame at a dose of 50, 75, and 125 milligrams per kilogram (mg/kg) body weight per day, respectively, for 40 days.

The researchers then collected blood and brain samples after 10, 20, 30, and 40 days from the beginning of the experiment for biochemical analysis. The results showed that the consumption of aspartame reduced the antioxidant activities of glutathione and superoxide dismutase, and elevated oxidative stress by increasing malondialdehyde levels. In addition, aspartame consumption greatly reduced the levels of the brain neurotransmitters serotonin, GABA, and dopamine and increased the level of acetylcholine and norepinephrine. The effect of aspartame is dose-dependent.

The researchers concluded that long-term aspartame consumption damages brain function by increasing oxidative stress in brain tissue and disrupting neurotransmitters.

The dangers of aspartame

Aspartame is one of the most common artificial sweeteners used today. It is widely consumed by people with diabetes and those who are trying to manage their weight because it is marketed to be a “low-calorie” sugar substitute. Despite its popularity, it has been extensively studied to be harmful to one’s health. The artificial sweetener, which is sold under the brand names Equal and NutraSweet, is associated with at least 90 adverse symptoms, such as depression, dizziness, fatigue, headaches, memory loss, and weight gain. (Related: Aspartame’s neurological side effects include blurred vision, headaches, seizures and more.)

Aspartame is commonly found in diet sodas, which are associated with an increased risk of various diseases.

Research has found that diet sodas increase the risk of the following health problems:

Diabetes: In a study published in the journal Nature, researchers found that diet sodas alter the microbes in the gut in a way that raises the risk of diabetes. Additionally, researchers at Weizmann Institute of Science in Israel discovered that mice fed with artificial sweeteners developed glucose intolerance. In people who regularly consumed aspartame and other artificial sweeteners like saccharin, they found that these people had increased hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c), a measure of blood sugar. Drinking one diet soda every day also increased the risk of metabolic syndrome and diabetes by 36 percent, according to a study conducted at the University of Minnesota.

Heart disease: Long-term consumption of diet soda also harms the heart. A study conducted by Columbia University and the University of Miami researchers revealed that consuming one diet soda every day for 10 years raised the risk of heart attack and stroke by 43 percent.

Obesity: Drinking diet soda also increases the risk of being overweight compared to drinking regular sugary sodas, according to a study at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.

Every diet soda can you drink increases your risk of being obese by 41 percent. Furthermore, those who consumed more than one diet soda a day were more likely to be obese by 500 percent.

Other diseases: Aspartame intake can also cause or worsen chronic diseases, such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, chronic fatigue syndrome, and fibromyalgia.

DISCUSSION: I recommend using either 100% natural Stevia (it will be green!!) or 100% monk fruit (it will be a yellowish brown), so NOT the garbage in the grocery store that is white and fluffy! That is chemically processed junk and it should not be permitted to be called “stevia” or “monk fruit” at all. Instead of sugar, when you need to sweeten something, I personally use, and recommend  JULIAN BAKERY MONK FRUIT (also available in 100% Organic). There is NO glycemic rise and it is 100% natural from real monk fruit with no additives and no chemicals.

ADDED FOLATE MAY HAVE HELPED CUT KIDS’ PSYCHOSIS

TUESDAY, July 3, 2018 (Health News) — Investigators say they’ve found an unanticipated but welcome twist in a decades-long effort to reduce birth defects by boosting folate levels among pregnant women.

Beyond protecting against serious defects such as spina bifida, fortifying the grain supply with folic acid may also enhance fetal brain development and lower the long-term risk for developing psychosis, a new study suggests. Psychosis is typically characterized by paranoia, social withdrawal and hallucinations.

“Folate is a B vitamin that is important for a host of biochemical processes in the body, from making and repairing DNA to controlling how and when genes are turned on/off,” said study corresponding author Dr. Joshua Roffman. In the 1980s, low folate levels in pregnant women were linked to a higher risk for disabling, sometimes fatal neural tube disorders that affect the spinal cord, including spina bifida. This is when the spinal column fails to form a complete circle around the spinal cord. That led to a 1996 decision to fortify grain with folic acid and a recommendation for all women of childbearing age to take a daily supplement containing at least 400 micrograms of folic acid. Together, the moves led to a significant drop in neural tube defects.

DISCUSSION: Fortifying grains, including the bread you buy at the store, has not worked because cheap, unabsorbable synthetic forms of folic acid are used – they actually deplete folate in the body.

Folate comes from dark leafy greens, such as kale, spinach and lettuces, so those who fail to consume enough are likely deficient in folate.

FIGTreeVitamins METHYLFOLATE DFE (VITAMIN B9) (allow 1 lozenge to dissolve under your tongue daily).

Use NO COUPON CODE NECESSARY; ALL PRICING IS MARKED 30-50% OFF at FIGTREEVITAMINS.COM (the FIGTREE VITAMINS STORE), shop now before everything is gone!

HALF OF PARENTS UNAWARE OF TEEN’S SUICIDAL THOUGHTS

Troy Brown, RN / January 14, 2019

Half of parents are unaware that their adolescent has thought about committing suicide, and three fourths of parents are unaware that their child thinks about death frequently, new survey data show. Further, adolescents often deny thoughts of suicide when parents do ask about it.”Given the high prevalence of parental unawareness and adolescent denial of suicidal thoughts found in this study, it is possible that a large number of adolescents with suicide risk may not be detected by brief screens at routine check-ups,” the researchers write.

The study included 5137 adolescents ages 11 to 17 years (52.1% girls; 43% racial minority) and a parent or guardian (97.2% of whom were a parent or stepparent) from the Philadelphia Neurodevelopmental Cohort (PNC). Parents and adolescents completed a clinical interview that included questions about whether the adolescent had ever had suicidal thoughts and whether he or she thought about death frequently.

“Importantly, participants were not recruited from mental health treatment programs; thus, the PNC is a community-based sample not enriched for individuals seeking psychiatric help,” the researchers write.

DISCUSSION: Many medications are known to cause suicidal thoughts, INCLUDE antidepressants, ADD/ADHD drugs and many more. Even if the child is not taking any medications, the cause can be nutritional deficiencies and, more often than not, fungal overgrowth. To correct this, we suggest checking your current diet against our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet. BEFORE YOU CAN READ THIS DIET, if you have not already become a FREE Member, we invite you to REGISTER (and each time you visit thereafter, be sure to LOG-IN each time you visit FIGTREE LIVE.com, so that you can access all of the features on our site.

We recommend following our ANTIFUNGAL ROTATION Regimen using Antifungals ~ THERE ARE STILL A LIMITED NUMBER OF BOTTLES OF GARLIC ENTERIC-COAT (4 left in stock), OREGAMAX (6 left in stock), WORMWOOD COMBINATION (ONLY 2 LEFT!)  AT THE FIGTREE VITAMINS STORE 30-50% OFF and I recommend getting 2-3 bottles of each of these to “rotate” your antifungals each month. Each of them fights off fungal overgrowth. You would use just one of those antifungals for one month, then rotate to a different one the second month, then rotate to a third on the third month. It is essential that you take sufficient amounts in order to resolve this fungal; the dosage recommended on labels is rarely enough for therapeutic purposes!

And also

The most common deficiency in people who are depressed, anxious or have other emotional issues, is B-vitamins and Vitamin C (use the powdered from ascorbic acid):

FIGTreeVitamins.com VITAMIN C POWDER (4 left in stock ) Calcium Ascorbic Acid (1 scoop 2-3 times daily or more until just before diarrhea).

FIGTreeVitamins.com VITAMIN B COMPLEX (4 left in stock) Co-enzymated Capsules are the most highly absorbable B-complex available! (1 capsule daily with food in the morning; may repeat, if needed, at lunch. Please do not take within 5 hours of bedtime as B-complex can keep some people awake)

MOOD STABILITY: Dr. Helen recommends FIGTreeVitamins.com is out of Vitamin B6 but you can get it from your local health food store – you need 100mg capsules (2 with breakfast, 2 with lunch and 2 with dinner for two-three weeks, then may reduce to 1 with breakfast, 1 with lunch and 1 with dinner daily for at least another month) for emotional stability concerns.

AND

NATURAL PICK ME UP DURING DAY: FIGTreeVitamins.com Methylated VITAMIN B-12 (5) 3000mcg Lozenges (1 upon rising and 1 midday; allow to dissolve naturally in the mouth and absorb sublingually into the bloodstream).

THE FIGTREE VITAMINS STORE STILL HAS MANY OF THESE PRODUCTS LEFT, SO GET THEM WHILE YOU CAN ~ FIGTREEVITAMINS.COM NOW! NO COUPON CODE NECESSARY ANYMORE! PRICING IS ALREADY SET TO 30-50% OFF WHILE SUPPLIES LAST at FIGTREEVITAMINS.COM! FINAL CLEARANCE SALE – STORE IS CLOSING MARCH 1 SO BUY NOW!

PREVIOUSLY THOUGHT IMPOSSIBLE, SCIENTISTS WILL SOON USE GENE-EDITING TO TRY AND STOP KIDNEY DISEASE IN HUMANS

GENE-EDITING

For the first time ever, scientists have identified a way to halt kidney disease brought on by a life-limiting genetic condition—and it is expected to be available within the next three years. Experts at Newcastle University have shown in a cell model and in a mouse model that gene editing could be used to stop kidney damage that is inflicted in patients with the CEP290 faulty gene related to Joubert syndrome.

Joubert syndrome is a brain disorder that causes varying degrees of physical, mental and sometimes visual impairments. The condition affects approximately one in 80,000 newborns, and one third also get kidney failure. The study, which was funded by Kidney Research UK, has found it is possible to use a strand of engineered DNA to trick the cells’ own editing machinery to bypass the CEP290 mutation that causes kidney damage—a technique known as ‘exon-skipping’.

“This is the first time that gene editing within the kidney has been performed, even in a mouse model, as the design and delivery of the gene editing to the kidney has previously been thought to be too difficult,” said Sayer. “Our research is a major step forwards as we now know how we may be able to offer a therapy that corrects the gene mistake within kidney cells and prevent the development of genetic kidney disease.

“This work paves the way towards personalized genetic therapies in patients with the inherited kidney disease.”

DISCUSSION: But most kidney disease is caused from bad habits or exposure to metals or chemicals….or both. As Dr. Lorna say so brilliantly, genetics is the gun and environment (including diet) is the trigger that determines whether or not you will become diseased!

We recommend following our RAW CLEANSE Diet for 1-2 weeks, followed by our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet.   

BEFORE YOU CAN READ THESE DIETS, if you have not already become a FREE Member, we invite you to REGISTER (and each time you visit thereafter, be sure to LOG-IN each time you visit FIGTREE LIVE.com, so that you can access all of the features on our site.

Dr. Helen has recommended mixing 1 teaspoon of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda in 8-16 ounces of water and drinking it down, 1-2 times daily; one of those should be between dinner and bedtime if you tend to have indigestion.

You can also make your own parsley tea by purchasing 1-2 bunches of curly leaf parsley (rinse well and remove rubber band or twisty-tie). Bring 2-3 gallons of water to a boil, turn off, add bunches of parsley, cover and let steep for about 30-45 minutes. Strain off into a pitcher; may be served hot or cold (keep unused portions in the refrigerator). Drink 8 ounces parsley tea 4-6 times daily. Consume all of this within 7 days or may portion off and freeze what cannot be used in 7 days.

Eat asparagus and artichokes.

LIGHT THERAPY IMPROVES SLEEP, CUTS DEPRESSION IN DEMENTIA PATIENTS

The findings were presented here at the Alzheimer’s Association International Conference (AAIC) 2018. A lighting intervention that closely mimics natural light improves sleep efficiency and reduces depression and agitation in nursing home residents who have dementia. These effects appear to increase over time, new research shows. “This is a simple intervention that can be implemented in every nursing home,” and it’s not expensive, author Mariana Figueiro, PhD, director and professor, Lighting Research Center and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York, told Medscape Medical News. The findings were presented here at the Alzheimer’s Association International Conference (AAIC) 2018. Light helps control circadian rhythms, said Figueiro. “Every day, when you get light in the morning, you reset your biological clock.”

Exposure to daytime light helps consolidate sleep and improve behavior in patients with Alzheimer’s disease (AD) and related dementia. However, lighting fixtures in institutions don’t deliver the relatively high level and the spectrum of lighting that best affect the circadian system. Some people may not get enough light during the day but get too much at night, “which is the wrong time to be getting light,” said Figueiro.

DISCUSSION:

In our former health food store, before we escaped California’s unfriendly business environment, we replaced ALL of the lighting in the store with FULL SPECTRUM LIGHTING, including in place of fluorescent lighting (which is horrible for your well-being!!) and even full-spectrum bulbs in the chandeliers and people always commented about how wonderful they felt within 10-15 minutes of coming into the store.

ANABOLIC STEROIDS LINKED TO HIGHER RATES OF PREMATURE DEATH IN MEN
Date: November 21, 2018

Men who use testosterone may face a higher risk of early death and of experiencing more hospital admissions, according to a new Journal of Internal Medicine study.

For the study, 545 men who used testosterone were matched with 5,450 controls. In addition, 644 men who were sanctioned because they refused to submit to a full doping test and 6440 controls were included as a replication cohort.

Over an average follow-up of 7.4 years, there were seven (1.3 percent) deaths among users of testosterone and 23 (0.4 percent) among participants in the control group, translating to a three-times higher risk of death associated with testosterone. The median annual number of hospital contacts was 0.81 in the testosterone users and 0.36 in the controls. Acne, gynaecomastia (Male breasts), and erectile dysfunction affected more than 10 percent of the testosterone users, and the prevalence of these disorders was significantly higher than in the control group. Similar results were seen in the replication cohort.

“This study has shown that testosterone is associated with a range of side effects that can be directly attributed to testosterone Dr. Henrik Horwitz, of the University of Copenhagen, in Denmark.

DISCUSSION: As Dr. Helen Pensanti says, balance your testosterone levels using progesterone and NOT the synthetic forms:

Dr. Helen’s Blue label Bio-Identical Phyto PROGESTERONE cream (apply TWICE per day; 1/4 tsp to an inner arm, inner thigh, breast, neck or fatty area of stomach – rotate application site with each application).

IF YOU NEED TESTOSTERONE ENHANCEMENT, try using Dr. Helen’s TESTOSTERONE CREAM for men; apply 1/2 teaspoon to inner thighs, inner arms or scrotum – rotate application site daily. BE SURE TO USE WITH Dr. Helen’s Blue label Bio-Identical Phyto PROGESTERONE and TESTRON  oral for libido and to shrink the prostate.

To order from Dr. Helen’s office, must call & leave message at 800-301-1982 or email your order to hp@askdrhelen.com (include your telephone number) and be sure to mention you are a FIGTree LIVE member to get 20% off – they will call you back for credit card information and to confirm your order.

Show Notes for Saturday February 23, 2019 with Dr. Lorna Walker

CALL US: 844-855-2006

TEXT US: 252-316-2117

EMAIL US: Info@FIGTreeLive.com

DISCUSSION & ANNOUNCEMENTS

Dr. Jon, Dr. Lorna, Gary, Val and I are all retiring effective Friday, March 1, 2019 (FIGTreeLive.com will still be in full operation). NOW IS THE TIME TO CALL THE SHOW   844-855-2006; WE ARE LIVE, AND WE HAVE A WHOLE HOUR, SO LET US HELP YOU WITH YOUR HEALTH PROBLEMS!

ALSO, the FIGTREE VITAMINS STORE IS CLOSING IN JUST 6 DAYS, effective Friday, March 1, 2019. SO NOW THRU THURSDAY IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO SAVE BIG ON VITAMINS, MINERALS AND OTHER SUPPLEMENTS TO FIT YOUR NEEDS! EVERYTHING left at the Figtree Vitamins store is 30-50% off, so buy before it closes!

I will continue running the FIGTREE LIVE.com website FREE TO ALL, so that you can still access all of the features, including EMAILING ME PERSONALLY, info@figtreelive.com, AND I AM SURE DR. LORNA AND DR. JON WILL CHECK IN AT FIGTREELIVE.COM FROM TIME TO TIME…YOU WILL BE ABLE TO access all of the diets, cleanses, regimens and health articles in the Reference Center, chat with others in the Live Chat Forums, listen to the shows and all of the other features on the website! Just use the pull-down menu by placing your mouse over MEMBER RESOURCES on the green bar across the top of the Home Page at FIGTreeLIVE.com.

So, join us to chat, and we will be happy to  suggest products that are similar to those that FIGTreeVitamins.com carried, so I hope you will continue to join us online at FIGTREE LIVE.com! BE SURE TO REGISTER AS A FREE MEMBER SO YOU CAN POST IN THE LIVE CHAT FORUM AND ALSO ACCESS REFERENCE CENTER ARTICLES, each time you visit thereafter, be sure to LOG-IN each time you visit FIGTREE LIVE.com, so that you can access all of the features, including diets, cleanses, regimens and health articles in the Reference Center, chat with others in the Live Chat Forums, play with the health tools, check out surgical videos and all of the other features on the website! Just use the pull-down menu by placing your mouse over MEMBER RESOURCES on the green bar across the top of the Home Page at FIGTreeLIVE.com.

You may also contact Dr. Lorna for paid consultations; you may email her personally DrLornaW@FigtreeLive.com or DrLornaW@yahoo.com

CALLERS

CALL 844-855-2006

TEXT 252-316-2117

EMAIL: Info@FIGTreeLive.com

TEXT 252-316-2117: Other than a thorough house cleaning, what can be done for scabies?

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Every square inch must be cleaned using the hottest water possible. Dry clothing, bedding, etc. Tiny mites that burrow into the skin and feed on skin. Intimate contact with those who have scabies.

Scabies is a highly contagious parasitic mite that can be passed by skin contact from one person to another. It is often misdiagnosed as bed bugs, mosquito bites or other conditions. Transferred to your dog, scabies is called “mange,” but your dog is not a source of scabies…humans are. Ivermectin orally and various antiparasitic creams or lotion applications are most commonly used on affected humans and relief is usually realized within a week.

They feed off of sugar, so no fruit, juices, candy, cakes, etc. Drug store: sulfur powder or 15% sulfur ointment. Use a brush to open up the skin.

20 Mule Team Borax sprinkled and brushed into all rugs, carpets, mattresses; let sit for at least one hour, then vacuum. And then steam clean the carpet. Clean all bedding, clothing and towels with hot water washes. Can add oil of oregano to your laundry, which can help.

Naturally, antiparasitics internally, such as Oregamax, Wormwood Combination or Enteric garlic repel the mites, as they do not like these herbs – most fleas, ticks and mites do not.

EMAILS AND POSTS

Q: Mary/FL With you all retiring, who am I supposed to ask questions?! I just found out I have osteopenia. How do I make it stop?

A:  Dr. Lorna ~ as you get older, beyond menopause, your bones will be weaker than a 25 y/o, yet modern day medicine is comparing old to young. High carb diet makes bones weak.

You can still email us, Mary. Info@figtreelive.com will remain in effect and I am happy to respond! As far as your osteopenia is concerned, please complete/return the questionnaire I sent you so we can figure out why you have osteopenia, which is the beginning stage of osteoporosis. A variety of medications are known to cause bone loss, drinking sodas, lack of exercise all can be causes.

FIGTreeVitamins EXTRA STRENGTH BETA GLUCAN slow release tablets AND FIGTree’s STRONTIUM CITRATE (1-2 upon rising ONLY, empty stomach), coupled with the FIGTreeVitamins.com BONE SUPPORT Tablets (6 at bedtime, ONLY, EMPTY STOMACH). There must be at least SIX HOURS separation between taking the strontium citrate and the Bone Support. Check diet against our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet.

Also, Dr. Helen’s Blue label Bio-Identical Phyto PROGESTERONE cream (apply TWICE per day; 1/4 tsp to an inner arm, inner thigh, breast, neck or fatty area of stomach – rotate application site with each application).

To order from Dr. Helen’s office, must call & leave message at 800-301-1982 or email your order to hp@askdrhelen.com (include your telephone number) and be sure to mention you are a FIGTree LIVE member to get 20% off – they will call you back for credit card information and to confirm your order.

THE FIGTREE VITAMINS STORE STILL HAS THESE PRODUCTS LEFT, SO GET THEM WHILE YOU CAN ~ FIGTREEVITAMINS.COM NOW! NO COUPON CODE NECESSARY ANYMORE! PRICING IS ALREADY SET TO 30-50% OFF WHILE SUPPLIES LAST at FIGTREEVITAMINS.COM! FINAL CLEARANCE SALE – STORE IS CLOSING MARCH 1 SO BUY NOW!

Q: Janet/MI I still have candida from tests my natural doctor did but I don’t have stomach troubles anymore. I just have some fungus on my finger and toe nails and sometimes have a white coating on my tongue. I haven’t given up beer, and from what you talk about, I am sure that’s why but I am improving. I’m sorry you are ending the show because I love it but I also want to take advantage of the figtree vitamins store clearance sale. Gary always gets everything out so fast, I’ll miss the store too. What do I need from there that they still have?   

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Check your current diet against our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet, which is intended to prevent fungal, parasitic and other microbial overgrowth by helping to starve toxic microbes by omitting the foods and beverages that help them thrive.

THERE IS STILL A LIMITED NUMBER OF BOTTLES OF GARLIC ENTERIC-COAT, OREGAMAX, WORMWOOD COMBINATION 

AT THE FIGTREE VITAMINS STORE 30-50% OFF and I recommend getting 3 different products to fight off fungal overgrowth. You would use just one of those antifungal for one month, then rotate to a different one the second month, then rotate to a third on the third month. It is essential that you take sufficient amounts in order to resolve this fungal; the dosage recommended on labels is rarely enough for therapeutic purposes!

Q: Janet/FL I am 52, 5’4” 115lbs and I think I am starting to go menopausal. I eat NO red meat but do eat fish, eggs, lots of vegetables and fruit. I drink almond milk and water. Cholesterol levels are high with total cholesterol at 215. Fasting blood sugar levels (109) are pre-diabetic, A1C below 6.5 normal but not very low. I have a lot of migraines. Blood pressure spikes but is usually normal and I have hot flashes most nights. I take no medications except aspirin, which doesn’t seem to help much.

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Cholesterol of 215 is of no concern, especially if going into menopause. Slightly elevated A1C. Arteries may be hardening so stay away from sweets. Limited fruit, no fruit juices, no sugars. Lots of veggies. Aspirin and other NSAIDS destroy the gut and beneficial flora. Probiotics and aspirin are a bad combination because the aspirin eats the lining of the gut.

Check your current diet against our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet, and if that does not help resolve your migraines, she can try the Low FODMAPS & FOOD COMBINING Diet for histamine intolerance to see if that resolves the migraines.

FIGTreeVitamins.com GLUCOSE SUPPORT Capsules (2 upon rising and 2 at bedtime)

FIGTreeVitamins.com ALPHA LIPOIC ACID (2-4 upon rising).

RenewLife Ultimate Flora Adult 50+ PROBIOTIC GO PACK 30 billion CFU, 30 capsules (1 daily at bedtime). Formerly RTS Senior, this is 100% Bifidobacterium. The problem with many lactobacillus strains is that they are high in histamines and cause allergies or make them worse. Bifidobacterium have NO histamines.

Order RenewLife products online through the link(s) above; use coupon code HTL15 to get 15% off of all RenewLife products every day!  

Dr. Helen’s Blue label Bio-Identical Phyto PROGESTERONE cream (apply TWICE per day; 1/4 tsp to an inner arm, inner thigh, breast, neck or fatty area of stomach – rotate application site with each application). Dr. Lee said you can use every 30 minutes if needed until hot flashes are gone. If still menstruating, count YOUR day 1 (first day of period), then begin using the cream or pills twice per day beginning day 12 through day 26.

Digestive Enzymes (1-2 with each meal or snack) for high-potency digestion of food. Aids in breaking down histamine (from carbs and processed meats), fats, proteins and starches.

Q: Katherine/FL I am noticing my right eye twitches off and on throughout the day and I hate it. How do I make it stop?

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Magnesium deficiency possible. Does she have gastrointestinal issues? If so it could be parasitic, fungal, bacterial, etc.

Several causes; most common is eye strain (too much time on the computer, Tablet, etc.). Another is stress, so using magnesium (FIGTree is sold out of the magnesium glycinate) for natural stress, anxiety and muscle relaxation (Take 1 capsule per day upon rising; may take another at bedtime) PLUS FIGTreeVitamins.com VITAMIN B COMPLEX Co-enzymated Capsules AND FIGTreeVitamins.com VITAMIN B-6 100mg Tablets FIGTreeVitamins.com (2 with breakfast, 2 with lunch and 2 with dinner for two weeks, then may reduce to 1 with breakfast, 1 with lunch and 1 with dinner daily for at least another month) for stress.

A congested body, especially if you are constipated, can cause many effects throughout the body, including eye twitching; decongest your gastrointestinal tract using FIGTreeVitamins.com HERBAL BOWEL CLEANSE 2-part system ONLY 1 BOTTLE LEFT! (2 capsules from the a.m. bottle upon rising and 2 capsules from the PM bottle at bedtime, empty stomach). One cause that doctors rarely ever consider is parasites, such as threadworms. I recommend also taking a high potency probiotic. This especially happens in those who live and work with large groups of people or eat sashimi, for instance. FIGTreeVitamins.com WORMWOOD COMBINATION (2 capsules 2-3 times daily) for fungus and parasites (roundworms) WITH FIGTreeVitamins.com RASCAL (4 capsules 2-3 times daily) for parasites (tapeworms)

Q: Raymond/AL My wife is 31 and I am 45. She wants a baby and we have tried for a year with no go, even though we both check out healthy. Is there something I can do to enhance our chances?

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Just because bloodwork is normal, does not mean there are not some underlying issues. Improve diet first to resolve any vitamin, mineral or other deficiencies. Eliminate stress.

Check your current diet against our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet; AVOID SOY, plastics, chemicals, etc. Read more in our article, SOY FUN FACTS

SHE: Dr. Helen’s Blue label Bio-Identical Phyto PROGESTERONE cream (apply TWICE per day; 1/4 tsp to an inner arm, inner thigh, breast, neck or fatty area of stomach – rotate application site with each application).

HE: Dr. Helen’s TESTOSTERONE CREAM for men; apply 1/2 teaspoon to inner thighs, inner arms or scrotum – rotate application site daily. BE SURE TO USE WITH Dr. Helen’s Blue label Bio-Identical Phyto PROGESTERONE and TESTRON  oral for libido and to shrink the prostate.

Q: Paul/KY: My 14 year old daughter is moody and depressed, out of control, mostly around her periods before, during, after. Is it ok if she uses the progesterone from Dr. Pensanty or is there something else she needs? Would she use the blue or red label or the Bezwecken products? Which is better? She spends most of her time in her room and avoids us. She screams and throws things at her brothers and her older sister simply stopped speaking to her, saying she is not going to support her snottiness just because she is the “baby” of the family and she thinks we aren’t doing our job as parents. Her mom and I just want her to feel better and to stabilize her. Please help.

A:  Dr. Lorna ~ Contact Dr. Helen and get hormone testing done so you can share the info with Dr. Helen.

Check her diet against our Food Choices: ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet.

FIGTreeVitamins.com VITAMIN B COMPLEX Co-enzymated Capsules are the most highly absorbable B-complex available! (1 capsule daily with food in the morning; may repeat, if needed, at lunch. Please do not take within 5 hours of bedtime as B-complex can keep some people awake)

FIGTreeVitamins.com VITAMIN B-6 100mg Tablets FIGTreeVitamins.com (2 with breakfast, 2 with lunch and 2 with dinner for two weeks, then may reduce to 1 with breakfast, 1 with lunch and 1 with dinner daily for at least another month) for emotional stability concerns.

FIGTreeVitamins.com Methylated VITAMIN B-12 3000mcg Lozenges (1 upon rising and 1 midday; allow to dissolve naturally in the mouth and absorb sublingually into the bloodstream). THE ENERGY VITAMIN! May take up to 4 per day for neurological diseases. MAGNESIUM, such as Natural Calm, for natural stress, anxiety and muscle relaxation (Take 1 capsule per day upon rising; may take another at bedtime)

FIGTreeVitamins.com VITAMIN C POWDER Calcium Ascorbic Acid (1 scoop 2-3 times daily or more until just before diarrhea).

Dr. Helen’s Blue label Bio-Identical Phyto PROGESTERONE cream (apply TWICE per day; 1/4 tsp to an inner arm, inner thigh, breast, neck or fatty area of stomach – rotate application site with each application). Dr. Lee said you can use every 30 minutes if needed until hot flashes are gone. If still menstruating, count YOUR day 1 (first day of period), then begin using the cream or pills twice per day beginning day 12 through day 26.

Q: Billie/AL I got tested and don’t have dementia but I have problems with focus and memory. Since the vitamin store is closing, is there anything left I can use?

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Have to think diet related: Check her diet against our Food Choices ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet.

FIGTreeVitamins.com ACETYL L-CARNITINE 500mg per capsule (1-2 upon rising preventatively; 2 upon rising and 2 midday therapeutically). Acetyl-L-Carnitine protects memory and cognitive function and may provide relief from various forms of dementia. It is also excellent for heart health. Acetyl L-Carnitine also provides nutritional benefits to the body’s mitochondria at the cellular level, which can aid with recovery from Chronic Fatigue and Fibroymyalgia.

Strengthening your immune system is wise; FIGTreeVitamins EXTRA STRENGTH BETA GLUCAN 250mg slow release tablets (1 at bedtime, or therapeutically, 1 upon rising and 1 at bedtime. For cancer patients going through chemo, use 1 tablet 4 times per day). The extra-strength beta glucan is excellent for those fighting off illness, including cancer, auto-immune disorders, colds and flu.

Fungal overgrowth often causes lack of focus, memory loss, foggy brain, etc., so using antifungals may be helpful. FIGTreeVitamins.com still has potent antifungals, such as FIGTreeVitamins.com GARLIC ENTERIC-COAT Tablets, OREGAMAX, and WORMWOOD COMBINATION are all good choices but you must take THERAPEUTIC amounts and not necessarily what is on the label! Use one for the first month, a separate one for the second month, then yet another for a third month; it is essential to rotate antifungals for the best benefit. See our ANTIFUNGAL ROTATION Regimen in the Reference Center at FIGTreeLive.com, and also check your current diet against our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet, which is intended to prevent fungal growth by helping to starve fungus by preventing the foods and beverages that help fungus thrive. BEFORE YOU CAN READ REFERENCE CENTER ARTICLES, if you have not already become a FREE Member, we invite you to REGISTER (and each time you visit thereafter, be sure to LOG-IN each time you visit FIGTREE LIVE.com, so that you can access all of the features on our site. 

Q: Ginger/FL I have horrible constipation and I know it’s from years of antibiotics for acne and various infections. What can I use to clean out my colon so I don’t need to live in Miralax? Thanks for your show. I’m really sorry y’all are retiring but understand you have that right. Be happy.

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Severe constipation is considered IBS-C (IBS with constipation). Usually Small intestinal bowel overgrowth. Xyfaxin prescription is used for this.

FIGTreeVitamins.com HERBAL BOWEL CLEANSE 2-part system (2 capsules from the a.m. bottle upon rising and 2 capsules from the PM bottle at bedtime, empty stomach). ONLY 1 BOTTLE LEFT!

Try our Low FODMAPS & FOOD COMBINING Diet.   

BEFORE YOU CAN READ REFERENCE CENTER ARTICLES, if you have not already become a FREE Member, we invite you to REGISTER (and each time you visit thereafter, be sure to LOG-IN each time you visit FIGTREE LIVE.com, so that you can access all of the features on our site. 

THE FIGTREE VITAMINS STORE STILL HAS THESE PRODUCTS LEFT, SO GET THEM WHILE YOU CAN ~ FIGTREEVITAMINS.COM NOW!

NO COUPON CODE NECESSARY ANYMORE! PRICING IS ALREADY SET TO 30-50% OFF WHILE SUPPLIES LAST at FIGTREEVITAMINS.COM! FINAL CLEARANCE SALE – STORE IS CLOSING MARCH 1 SO BUY NOW!

News You Can Use! Friday February 22, 2019 with DocJon & Vicki

Many thanks to all for their good wishes on our retirement. We have loved every minute bringing this program to you and helping you all with natural, healthy suggestions so you can become healthier but, as they say, all good things must come to an end eventually. We believe Our Father is calling us to make some changes to our lives, so our last show will be February 28th; although, the FIGTreeLive.com site will remain available for you to listen, to chat in the Live Chat Forum and to email us still, for awhile.

ALSO, the FIGTreeVitamins.com store will close effective March 1, so everything is on clearance until March 1 or until everything is gone! 30-50% off everything at figtreevitamins.com; NO COUPON CODE NEEDED – PRICE IS AS MARKED – you really need to shop now before it’s all gone!

MORE EVIDENCE TIES DIET DRINKS TO GREATER STROKE RISK

Damian McNamara   February 21, 2019

Drinking artificially sweetened beverages is linked to increased risk for ischemic stroke, coronary heart disease, and all-cause mortality in women, new research shows. Among almost 82,000 participants in the Women’s Health Initiative Observational Study, risk for fatal and nonfatal stroke was 23% higher among women who self-reported drinking the most diet beverages — two or more per day — compared to the women who consumed the least. The latter group drank none or less than one of these beverages per week.

The results reinforce similar associations from other recent studies and add a novel finding — the group with the highest consumption had an 81% elevated risk for small artery occlusion (SAO).

PREVIOUS STUDY of participants in the Women’s Health Initiative found a 30% increase in composite cardiovascular events and all-cause mortality associated with drinking two or more servings of artificially sweetened beverages per day. They also completed questionnaires that asked about their consumption of artificially sweetened beverages during the prior 3 months. Examples included Diet Coke and diet fruit drinks in 12–fluid ounce cans.

DISCUSSION: Because the chemicals in diet drinks deplete minerals and other nutrients important to heart and brain health.

HEAVY METALS FOUND IN POPULAR FRUIT JUICES

Kathleen Doheny, February – 2019

Nearly half of 45 fruit juices tested had elevated levels of heavy metals, which can pose health risks for children and adults, Consumer Reports has found.

The report says that even small amounts of juice might hold risks. “In some cases, drinking just 4 ounces a day — or half a cup — is enough to raise concern,” James Dickerson, PhD, chief scientific officer for CR, says in the report. If anything, the results simply reinforce existing concerns about fruit juices. “I don’t think we need to say you can’t give your kids any juice,” says Steven Abrams, MD, a professor of pediatrics at Dell Medical School, University of Texas at Austin. But, he says, “juice is not a product that is intrinsically healthy for children.” He co-authored the American Academy of Pediatrics’ guidelines on juice, which set limits by age.

How Was the Testing Done?

Consumer Reports experts tested 45 juices made by 24 brands, including well-known and lesser-known brands such as Gerber, Minute Maid, Mott’s, Great Value from Walmart, Clover Valley from Dollar General, and Big Win from Rite Aid. Those tested included organic products, too, as well as store brands from Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s. They focused on levels of cadmium, lead, mercury, and inorganic arsenic, saying that these elements pose some of the greatest risks and that research has found they are common in food and drink. The juices tested were apple, fruit blends, grape, and pear.

Other major conclusions:

Seven of the 21 had enough heavy metals to potentially harm children who drink a half-cup or more a day, and nine of the 21 held risks for kids drinking a cup or more a day.

Ten of the juices posed a risk to adults, too: Five were potentially hazardous at a half-cup or more a day, and five at a cup or more a day.

The highest heavy metal levels were in grape juice and juice blends.

Organic juices did not have lower heavy metal levels than non-organic.

DISCUSSION: Clearly, juices are not safe.

MORE EVIDENCE LINKS GUT BACTERIA TO DEMENTIA

Pauline Anderson – February 2019

HONOLULU —  Depletion of certain gut bacteria, and an elevated level of other bacteria, are associated with an increased risk for dementia, a new study suggests.

“Although our study has numerous limitations, the results suggest that the gut microbiome could be a new target for the management of dementia,” study author Naoki Saji, MD, PhD, Vice Director, Center for Comprehensive Care and Research on Memory Disorders, National Center for Geriatrics in Japan, told Medscape Medical News. Doctors should urge patients to “take care of their gut,” said Saji.

Results of previous research suggest a relationship between the gut microbiome and cardiovascular diseases. “I thought that a relationship between dementia and gut microbiome might be also possible,” said Saji.

The new study included 128 outpatients visiting a memory clinic at their institution; participants had a mean age of 74.2 years and 59% were female. Researchers collected information on demographics, risk factors, and activities of daily living, and assessed cognitive function using neuropsychological tests and brain MRI scans fecal samples etc.

DISCUSSION: Take probiotics. FIGTreeVitamins has sold out of their probiotics, but if you use coupon code HTL15, you will save 15% off on all RenewLife products. RenewLife Ultimate Flora Adult 50+ PROBIOTIC GO PACK 30 billion CFU, 30 capsules (1 daily at bedtime). Formerly RTS Senior, this is 100% Bifidobacterium. The problem with many lactobacillus strains is that they are high in histamines and cause allergies or make them worse. Bifidobacterium have NO histamines. Order RenewLife products online through the link(s) above; use coupon code HTL15 to get 15% off of all RenewLife products every day!  

CONSUMING ULTRAPROCESSED FOOD TIED TO HIGHER MORTALITY

Veronica Hackethal, MD – February 11, 2019

People who consume higher levels of ultraprocessed foods may be at increased risk for death, according to a study PUBLISHED ONLINE February 11 in JAMA Internal Medicine.

“Findings from this prospective study of a large French cohort suggest for the first time, to our knowledge, that an increased proportion of ultraprocessed foods in the diet is associated with a higher risk of overall mortality,” write Laura Schnabel, MD, from the Sorbonne Paris Cité, Bobigny, France, and colleagues.

Ultraprocessed foods include mass-produced, ready-to-eat foods such as packaged snacks, sugary drinks, breads, candies, ready-made meals, and processed meats. Such foods usually contain “empty calories” and have a high caloric content with little nutritional value. They are low in fiber and high in carbohydrates, saturated fats, and salt. Usually, they contain food additives and contaminants that may be harmful to health, including some that may be carcinogenic, according to the authors.

DISCUSSION: If it is boxed, boxed frozen, boxed or bagged shelf stable, PLEASE STOP USING IT!

A.NO AMOUNT OF ALCOHOL IS GOOD FOR YOUR OVERALL HEALTH, GLOBAL STUDY SAYS

Thursday August 23, 2018

If you’re one of the third of all humankind who drinks alcohol, take note: There’s no amount of liquor, wine or beer that is safe for your overall health, according to a new analysis of 2016 global alcohol consumption and disease risk.

Alcohol was the leading risk factor for disease and premature death in men and women between the ages of 15 and 49 worldwide in 2016, accounting for nearly one in 10 deaths, according to the study, published Thursday in the journal The Lancet.

B.MODERATE, CONSISTENT DRINKING MAY HELP HEART

WEDNESDAY, Aug. 22, 2018

Could a habit of consistent “moderate” drinking — a little more than two drinks a day for men, and slightly less for women, actually help your heart? That’s the suggestion from a new study of more than 35,000 British and French adults whose health and drinking habits were tracked for a decade. The investigators found that consistent, moderate tippling was tied to better heart health than abstaining from alcohol altogether.

Still, researchers from University College London (UCL) cautioned that many other lifestyle factors might explain the findings, and they found only an association — not a definite cause-and-effect relationship. As reported Aug. 22 in BMC Medicine, a team led by UCL’s Dr. Dara O’Neill analyzed data from six studies involving more than 35,000 adults in the United Kingdom and France, over a 10-year period.

DISCUSSION: If you are an addictive type of person, stay away from vices and, if you are already addicted, get help to detoxify…we hear about failures of addiction centers but we rarely hear about the successes. If you are serious about getting well, please seek out a FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE DOCTOR to detoxify and get off the junk – you have to have a vested interest in saving your life!

Show Notes for Thursday February 21, 2019 with Dr. Lorna Walker

ONLY ONE WEEK LEFT TO CALL US AND LET US HELP YOU WITH SUGGESTIONS FOR YOUR HEALTH! 844-855-2006; DEE IS WAITING FOR YOU TO CALL 😀

CALL 844-855-2006

TEXT 252-316-2117

EMAIL: Info@FIGTreeLive.com

CALLERS

CALLER:  Tina / CA 6 y/o grandson stretches his neck and then turns his head. Concern it is a tick. Does he need B-vitamins or minerals?

MEDICATIONS TAKEN:  Probiotic daily. Unpasteurized elderberry for one month.  

DISCUSSION: May be allergic to elderberry. Some people take time to become allergic. Eliminate it for 2-4 weeks to see if this resolves it. Magnesium citrate is good because it comes in lower doses (100mg). Just stay away from magnesium aspartate and magnesium oxide.

Prefer, with children, to start with foods high in magnesium, such as whole grains, leafy greens, nuts/seeds, legumes (lentils, chickpeas). Dark chocolate high in magnesium. Cocoa nibs have no sugar.

She is concerned that it could be from gaming on tablets, computers, etc. Makes sense; too much typing, for instance, causes cramping, carpal tunnel, talking on the telephone holding it between head and neck instead of using Bluetooth, etc.; could be from sitting in the same way for too many hours.

CALLER:    Dana / FL 4 weeks ago talking about statins for cholesterol and blood pressure and diabetes. Weighed 389 and now weighs 337.

MEDICATIONS TAKEN:  Insulin

DISCUSSION: Reduce saturated fats in your diet – no fried foods. No sugar.

Check your current diet against our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet.

Cholesterol, high blood sugar and diabetes are found with fungal overgrowth:

MONTH ONE

FIGTreeVitamins.com GARLIC ENTERIC-COAT Tablets (2 upon rising and 2 at bedtime EMPTY STOMACH; if too strong at first, may begin at half doses) for fungal, parasitic or bacterial concerns.

MONTH TWO

OREGAMAX capsules (2 upon rising, 2 midday and 2 at bedtime, empty stomach) for parasites or fungal overgrowth

MONTH THREE

FIGTreeVitamins.com WORMWOOD COMBINATION (2 capsules 3 times daily)

Also good for lowering total cholesterol Pantothenic acid 300mg 3 times per day

And

Artichoke leaf extract 500mg 3 times per day.

Neuropathy:

FIGTreeVitamins.com VITAMIN B COMPLEX Co-enzymated Capsules are the most highly absorbable B-complex available! (1 capsule daily with food in the morning; may repeat, if needed, at lunch. Please do not take within 5 hours of bedtime as B-complex can keep some people awake)

FIGTreeVitamins.com Methylated VITAMIN B-12 3000mcg Lozenges (2 upon rising and 2 midday; allow to dissolve naturally in the mouth and absorb sublingually into the bloodstream).

Show Notes for Saturday February 2, 2019 with Dr. Lorna Walker

CALL US: 844-855-2006

TEXT US: 252-316-2117

EMAIL US: Info@FIGTreeLive.com

DISCUSSION & ANNOUNCEMENTS

I want to thank everyone for their good wishes after our announcement that we are all retiring the end of February. February 28th will be our last show. You still will be able to email us and the FIGTreeLive.com site will remain open for a long while so you can read articles, chat in the Live Chat Forum and even email us, so we are still available by email for awhile.

ALSO, the FIGTreeVitamins.com store will close effective March 1, so everything is on clearance until March 1 or until everything is gone! 30% off everything at figtreevitamins.com; use coupon code CLEARANCE during checkout – you really need to shop now before it’s all gone!

Use coupon code CLEARANCE during checkout at FIGTREEVITAMINS.COM (the FIGTREE VITAMINS STORE), save 30% off, but you really need to shop now before everything is gone!

CALLERS

844-855-2006

Caller:   Tina/CA Following up on some things. Magnesium Fizz to calm down for shingles? What to do for energy? Has taken an Ibuprofen for pain when needed.

Medications:   none

Discussion and Suggestions: Try turmeric or Nature’s Answer boswellia serrata with food, which are excellent anti-inflammatories and are better than Ibuprofen, which can cause harm to the stomach and gut. Natural Vitality Natural Calm. Niece has anxiety. Never use magnesium asparatate because it is excitatory and will not aid with calming.

FIGTreeVitamins MAGNESIUM GLYCINATE for natural stress, anxiety and muscle relaxation (Take 1 capsule per day upon rising and repeat at bedtime)

FIGTreeVitamins.com VITAMIN B-6 100mg Tablets FIGTreeVitamins.com (2 with breakfast, 2 with lunch and 2 with dinner for two weeks, then may reduce to 1 with breakfast, 1 with lunch and 1 with dinner daily for at least another month) for emotional stability concerns.

FIGTreeVitamins.com Methylated VITAMIN B-12 3000mcg Lozenges (1 upon rising and 1 midday; allow to dissolve naturally in the mouth and absorb sublingually into the bloodstream). May take up to 4 per day for  AND FIGTreeVitamins.com SPIRULINA Blue-Green Algae Tablets (3-5 upon rising and 3-5 at bedtime) for energy.

FIGTreeVitamins.com VITAMIN C POWDER Calcium Ascorbic Acid (1 scoop 2-3 times daily or more until just before diarrhea) for pain.

FIGTREEVITAMINS.COM (the FIGTREE VITAMINS STORE), save 30% off, using coupon code “CLEARANCE,” while supplies last…but you really need to shop now before everything is gone!

EMAILS AND POSTS

Q: Jennie B/FL I am having a lot of trouble with digestion after antibiotics when I fell with my motorcycle but I only took the cephalexin for four days and couldn’t finish because I know that was the problem. Now I have a vaginal infection too. I took some sennakot and acidophilus pearls from Walmart but am still having problems. What am I doing wrong?

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Cephalexin is harsh and should be used as a last resort.

Acidophilus Pearls, if it is what I am thinking of, only contains 1 billion CFU of acidophilus, which is not going to do anything to resolve a vaginal yeast infection. FIGTreeVitamins.com PROBIOTIC ENTERIC, contains 35 Billion CFU Capsules (just take 1 at bedtime EMPTY STOMACH daily for a month). Also, Sennakote is senna. Psyllium, cascara sagrada and senna can be extremely harsh and even habit forming. Especially for those who have been on an antibiotic, the best thing I have found for this is the very gentle, but effective, and NOT habit forming FIGTreeVitamins.com HERBAL BOWEL CLEANSE 2-part system (2 capsules from the a.m. bottle upon rising and 2 capsules from the PM bottle at bedtime, empty stomach), and while there is plenty of fiber in this product too, you need some fiber from vegetables too.

If you have a vaginal yeast infection, you should use something like FIGTreeVitamins.com OLIVE LEAF 500mg Capsules (2 upon rising and 2 at bedtime EMPTY STOMACH; if too strong at first, may begin at half doses) for a month to see if that resolves your fungal overgrowth. Otherwise, you may need to follow our THREE MONTH ANTIFUNGAL ROTATION Regimen using FIGTreeVitamins.com, and checking your current diet against our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet, which is intended to prevent fungal, parasitic and other microbial overgrowth by helping to starve toxic microbes by omitting the foods and beverages that help them thrive; use the links above to access the articles, antifungal package and dietary changes necessary to combat fungal overgrowth.

Use coupon code CLEARANCE during checkout at FIGTREEVITAMINS.COM (the FIGTREE VITAMINS STORE), save 30% off, but you really need to shop now before everything is gone!

Q: Sarah/AL I love sushi and ate a lot of it until the doctor found lumps in my liver and breasts. He said I have cysts from eating raw fish. How? Everyone does it. Why don’t they all have cysts?

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Unusual to have cysts in both the breasts and liver so suspecting parasites.

Cysts are parasitic. FIGTreeVitamins.com WORMWOOD COMBINATION (2 capsules 2-3 times daily) for fungus and parasites (roundworms) WITH FIGTreeVitamins.com RASCAL (4 capsules 2-3 times daily) for parasites (tapeworms)

If you want to test, so that you know for certain, you could use a parasitology kit;

Parasitology Center, Inc.

11445 E. Via Linda, # 2-419

Scottsdale, AZ 85259-2638

Phone: 480-767-2522

Fax: 480-767-5855

TEST TO PURCHASE: Comprehensive Stool Analysis PARASITE TEST

DATES TO COLLECT

It is too late to collect for THIS MONTH, so collect specimens between on/about February 17th and on or about February 22nd 

Dr. Helen Pensanti has said she would be happy to be your referral doctor, so on the documentation you submit with your stool samples, please tell them to send the results via email to Helen Pensanti, MD, hp@askdrhelen.com. She will share the results with all of us and we can make recommendations then. BE SURE TO EMAIL US TO LET US KNOW YOU SUBMITTED YOUR SPECIMENS so that all of us know to expect the test results from the Parasitology Center! If you will email VICKI@FIGTREELIVE.COM, I will alert all of the doctors to expect results soon.

Q: Joyce/FL I am a cancer survivor and want to make my immune system stronger. My doctor doesn’t believe in any of that but I do. I take Tekturna, Atenolol and Levoxyl. I am two weeks into your antifungal diet, which was tough at first, but I’m getting used to it and have a lot more energy, so now I need to know what vitamins to take. Thank you.

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Doctor’s Best Methylated Multivitamin, plenty of antioxidants, liposomal glutathione and SOD to rebuild after chemotherapy. Can take extra C and D along with beta glucan.

Glad you are following our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST, which eliminates all sugar; cancer cells burn sugar anaerobicly, converting to lactic acid, which creates CA again. This diet helps prevent recurrence.

FIGTreeVitamins.com VITAMIN D 2000 Liquid Drops (1-3 drops under tongue 2-3 times daily or more, as needed; allow to sit for at least 30 seconds before swallowing, or allowing to dissipate naturally).

FIGTreeVitamins appears to be out of their whole food multivitamins, but they do still have the EXTRA STRENGTH BETA GLUCAN slow release tablets

FIGTreeVitamins.com MULTIMINERAL COMPLEX Ultra Tablets (2 upon rising and 2 at bedtime daily)

Looks like they have ONE BOTTLE LEFT FIGTreeVitamins.com PROBIOTIC ENTERIC, 35 Billion CFU Capsules (1-2 at bedtime EMPTY STOMACH)

FIGTreeVitamins.com VITAMIN C POWDER Calcium Ascorbic Acid

Q: Stella/CA For at least six months I get a lot of feelings like my stomach is empty, then I eat and get full quickly, then almost as fast I get hungry again. Do you think it’s parasites? I also get prone to gas and constipation during the full moon, like last weekend. I took some psyllium and can go now but the stomach trouble is still here. Is there something I can try that tells me if I have them?

A: Dr. Lorna ~ Strong possibility she has parasites but not the only possibility. Could be fungal, SIBO and other issues…too general to pin down without testing. Symptoms specifically around the full moon could be parasites. May need to see a gastroenterologist.

Eliminate all sugar, artificial sweeteners, processed foods (like white rice, bread and all other baked goods) and starchy vegetables, such as corn, peas and potatoes.

Instead of psyllium, which can be very harsh and also constipate you if you do not consume enough water with it, please consider using FIGTreeVitamins.com HERBAL BOWEL CLEANSE 2-part system (2 capsules from the a.m. bottle upon rising and 2 capsules from the PM bottle at bedtime, empty stomach)

OR

I think there is ONE CANISTER LEFT of the FIBER CELLULOSE

For parasites, you could try a combination of FIGTreeVitamins.com WORMWOOD COMBINATION (2 capsules 2-3 times daily) and RASCAL (4 capsules 2-3 times daily) for one full month. I would start about February 15th and use daily for one month. You may even notice living and dead parasites in the toilet.

OR

If you want to test, so that you know for certain, you could use a parasitology kit;

Parasitology Center, Inc.

11445 E. Via Linda, # 2-419

Scottsdale, AZ 85259-2638

Phone: 480-767-2522

Fax: 480-767-5855

TEST TO PURCHASE: Comprehensive Stool Analysis PARASITE TEST

DATES TO COLLECT

It is too late to collect for THIS MONTH, so collect specimens between on/about February 17th and on or about February 22nd 

Dr. Helen Pensanti has said she would be happy to be your referral doctor, so on the documentation you submit with your stool samples, please tell them to send the results via email to Helen Pensanti, MD, hp@askdrhelen.com. She will share the results with all of us and we can make recommendations then. BE SURE TO EMAIL US TO LET US KNOW YOU SUBMITTED YOUR SPECIMENS so that all of us know to expect the test results from the Parasitology Center! If you will email VICKI@FIGTREELIVE.COM, I will alert all of the doctors to expect results soon.

Q: Ray/FL 240lbs/5’8” long haul trucker. My question is about my blood sugar readings…. Blood sugar is around 90 in the morning then in regular range after eating. I was taking a diuretic for high blood pressure but stopped because it made me dizzy. I can’t drive dizzy. My blood pressure is between 120 to 132 over 90 – 95. What can I used instead of drugs? I don’t think they are safe when driving cross country. You make a lot of friends on the road. One guy had nose bleeds and blotches all over his arms and legs and we called him Patches. He was a good guy. He was killed in a bad accident and I heard it was from the drug warfarin he was taking and he bled to death.

A: Dr. Lorna ~  More concerned about his weight, which increases blood pressure, blood sugar and disease. Check diet against our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST,

FIGTreeVitamins.com GLUCOSE SUPPORT Capsules (2 upon rising and 2 at bedtime) WITH

FIGTreeVitamins.com ALPHA LIPOIC ACID (2-4 upon rising) daily for blood sugar concerns.

It looks like FIGTreeVitamins.com VITAMIN C 1000mg Buffered Tablets, but they do still have FIGTreeVitamins.com VITAMIN C POWDER

FIGTreeVitamins.com VITAMIN D 2000 Liquid Drops (1-3 drops under tongue 2-3 times daily; allow to sit for at least 30 seconds before swallowing, or allowing to dissipate naturally)

FIGTreeVitamin.com 100% Pure, soy-free COD LIVER OIL Softgels (1 upon rising and 2 at bedtime) for heart and neurological concerns. Note from FIGTree LIVE: Most brands of fish oil are cut with soybean oil, which prevents the proper absorption of fat-soluble vitamins, minerals and amino acids; it is often marked as Vitamin E or tocopherols.                       

Q: Bill/AL I am 63 years young and still work hard but these days, when I do too much, I pay for it for 2-3 days afterward, severe fatigue and muscle pain. I work for the Post Office but in my off time I like to work in our yard. Last week my son and I built a deck and I couldn’t get out of bed the next day. I’m ok now but how can I prevent this?

A: Dr. Lorna ~ If all week not very physically active and being a weekend warrior on the weekend, that may have something to do with that. Be more active during the week.

FIGTreeVitamins.com MULTIMINERAL COMPLEX Ultra Tablets (2 upon rising and 2 at bedtime daily)

With a little extra FIGTreeVitamins MAGNESIUM GLYCINATE at bedtime too, for natural stress and muscle relaxation (Take 1-2 capsules at bedtime).

News You Can Use! Friday February 1, 2019 with DocJon & Vicki

News & Discussion!

a.COULD GUT BACTERIA BE LINKED TO DEMENTIA RISK?

THURSDAY, Jan. 31, 2019 (HealthDay News) — People with dementia show a different makeup in the bacteria dwelling in their guts, a preliminary study finds — raising questions about whether the “bugs” play some role in the brain disease. Researchers in Japan found that compared with dementia-free older adults, those with the disease typically had a very different gut “microbiome.” The term refers to the trillions of bacteria and other microbes dwelling in the digestive system. As recent studies have been revealing, those gut bugs do more than aid digestion. They appear to affect a range of bodily functions, from immune defenses to the production of vitamins, anti-inflammatory compounds and even chemicals that relay messages among brain cells. Researchers have also found that the makeup of the gut microbiome is linked to risks for various conditions, such as obesity, asthma and type 1 diabetes.

POOR QUALITY SLEEP TIED TO EARLY SIGNS OF ALZHEIMER’S

Poor quality sleep in later life is associated with early signs of Alzheimer disease (AD), results of a longitudinal observational study show. Investigators found higher levels of β-amyloid deposition and tau accumulation in the brain — both of which are hallmarks of AD — in older adults who spent less time in non-rapid eye movement (NREM) slow wave sleep.

“What’s interesting is that we saw this inverse relationship between decreased slow-wave sleep and more tau protein in people who were either cognitively normal or very mildly impaired, meaning that reduced slow-wave activity may be a marker for the transition between normal and impaired,” principal investigator Brendan P. Lucey, MD, director of the Sleep Medicine Section and assistant professor of neurology at Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri, said in a statement.

DISCUSSION: FIGTreeVitamins.com PROBIOTIC ENTERIC, 35 Billion CFU Capsules (1-2 at bedtime EMPTY STOMACH) for gastrointestinal concerns.

FIGTreeVitamins.com ACETYL L-CARNITINE 500mg per capsule (1-2 upon rising preventatively; 2 upon rising and 2 midday therapeutically). Acetyl-L-Carnitine protects memory and cognitive function and may provide relief from various forms of dementia. It provides nutritional benefits to the body’s mitochondria at the cellular level, which can aid with recovery from Chronic Fatigue and Fibroymyalgia.

Also, please check your current diet against our ANTIFUNGAL FOOD CHOICES LIST diet, which is intended to prevent fungal growth by helping to starve fungus by preventing the foods and beverages that help fungus thrive. BEFORE YOU CAN READ REFERENCE CENTER ARTICLES, if you have not already become a FREE Member, we invite you to REGISTER (and each time you visit thereafter, be sure to LOG-IN each time you visit FIGTREE LIVE.com, so that you can access all of the features on our site. 

For better sleep and stabilizing your sleep cycle, if you are not taking medicine for sleep, or mental disorders or various forms of dementia, I suggest getting both L-TRYPTOPHAN and MELATONIN sublingual at FIGTREEVITAMINS.COM (the FIGTREE VITAMINS STORE), save 30% off, using coupon code “CLEARANCE,” while supplies last…but you really need to shop now before everything is gone!

Also, QUIT eating within 4 hours of bedtime or drinking within one hour of bedtime! Bedtime is to promote your entire body’s rest, but when it has to digest food, it cannot rest and it upsets your body’s natural rhythm.

PEACHES, PLUMS, AND NECTARINES RECALLED FOR LISTERIA

Jan. 28, 2019 — Fresh peaches, plums, and nectarines sold in more than a dozen states have been recalled because they may be contaminated with listeria, the FDA announced. Walmart, Costco, and Aldi are among the many stores that sold the fruit. Jac. Vandenberg Inc. of Yonkers, NY, distributed the fruit to these states: Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia. Fairway Market, Hannaford, and Market Basket also sold the fruit, along with other small stores. A routine sampling program revealed the contamination. The company has stopped distributing the fruit while it investigates the problem.

2.B. SHUTDOWN LIMITS FDA EFFORTS TO PROTECT FOOD SAFETY

Matt Smith

January 16, 2019

The federal government’s partial shutdown is taking a bite out of the FDA’s ability to ensure the safety of American food, forcing the agency to shift inspections toward products it considers high risk.

Those high-risk areas include plants that produce both fresh and processed fruits and vegetables, dairy products, and seafood, Scott Gottlieb said (he is the chief of the FDA) — about a third of the facilities that the FDA regularly inspects. A plant’s manufacturing processes and regulatory record will also be taken into account when the FDA decides what to inspect, he said.

Gottlieb said yesterday that the FDA would resume routine inspections of riskier foods, such as cheese, other dairy products and produce, as early as Jan. 15. The FDA is bringing back 150 employees for those inspections.

About 40% of the FDA’s staff has been furloughed during the shutdown, while others who work on “critical public health functions” are working without pay or reimbursement. That’s raised alarms with watchdogs like the nonprofit Center for Science in the Public Interest, which said the shutdown “puts our food supply at risk.” The CSPI urged the agency to provide more information about what functions are still being performed and which have been halted.

DISCUSSION: FIGTreeVitamins.com PROBIOTIC ENTERIC, 35 Billion CFU Capsules (1-2 at bedtime EMPTY STOMACH) for gastrointestinal concerns. FIGTreeVitamins.com regular BETA GLUCAN 100mg capsules or FIGTreeVitamins EXTRA STRENGTH BETA GLUCAN 250mg slow release tablets. Use coupon code CLEARANCE during checkout at figtreevitamins.com, save 30% off, but you really need to shop now before everything is gone!

ALCOHOL-LINKED DISEASE OVERTAKES HEP-C AS TOP REASON FOR LIVER TRANSPLANT

An estimated 17,000 Americans are on the waiting list for a liver transplant, and there’s a strong chance that many of them have alcohol-associated liver disease. ALD now edges out hepatitis C as the No. 1 reason for liver transplants in the United States, according to research published Tuesday in JAMA Internal Medicine. One reason for the shift, researchers said, is that hepatitis C, which used to be the leading cause of liver transplants, has become easier to treat with drugs.

DISCUSSION:

FIGTreeVitamins.com LIVER SUPPORT & DETOX (1-2 upon rising and 1-2 at bedtime therapeutically), empty stomach to aid in cleansing and providing nutrients to the liver. WITH FIGTreeVitamins EXTRA STRENGTH BETA GLUCAN 250mg slow release tablets

FIGTREEVITAMINS.COM (the FIGTREE VITAMINS STORE), save 30% off, using coupon code “CLEARANCE,” while supplies last…but you really need to shop now before everything is gone!

BENEFITS OF BREAKFAST IN WEIGHT LOSS DON’T ADD UP

January 30, 2019

Despite long-held beliefs and widespread medical recommendations, breakfast does not appear to have an important role in weight loss after all, with a new meta-analysis showing no evidence that eating breakfast reduces daily caloric intake and weight gain is no worse among those who skip the meal. “While breakfast has been advocated as the most important meal of the day in the media since 1917, there is a paucity of evidence to support breakfast consumption as a strategy to achieve weight loss, including in adults with overweight or obesity,” the authors conclude. “There was no evidence that skipping breakfast was associated with an increased total daily caloric intake,” say Sievert and colleagues.

DISCUSSION: As usual, they fail to discuss exactly WHAT was eaten for breakfast. If it was pancakes, hash browns, sausage and coffee, for instance, that starts your day on a sugar-high, that causes you to crash, promoting cravings for more food, even before lunch time. However, eating protein and non-starchy veggies for breakfast, such as a couple of scrambled eggs or an omelette with cheese, spinach and onions, and sausage or bacon, with no toast or potatoes, will satiate your appetite and power you through until your next meal or snack of the day. Protein sustains your body for 3-4 more hours than carbs do and helps your brain function better. If you are a carbaholic, try FIGTreeVitamins.com GLUCOSE SUPPORT Capsules (2 upon rising and 2 at bedtime) for blood sugar concerns.

CERTAIN DENTAL FLOSSES RAISE BODY LEVELS OF TOXIC CHEMICALS

Liam Davenport

January 16, 2019

Flossing teeth could increase the body’s levels of per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFASs) — widely used chemicals linked to a number of diseases and certain cancers — warn US researchers.

Changing daily behaviors could reduce exposure, they say. PFASs have the unique ability to resist both water and lipids and are used in a wide range of consumer products, such as food packaging, nonstick cookware, carpets, furniture, and waterproof clothing. It showed that using Oral-B Glide to floss one’s teeth was associated with higher levels of the PFAS perfluorohexanesulfonic acid (PFHxS) in the body.

The team found that five other flosses tested positive for fluorine compounds. Lead author Katherine E. Boronow, MS, Silent Spring Institute, Newton, Massachusetts, said: “This is the first study to show that using dental floss containing PFAS is associated with a higher body burden of these toxic chemicals.”

And the results overall strengthen “the evidence that consumer products are an important source of PFAS exposure,” she noted in a press release from her institution. “Restricting these chemicals from products should be a priority to reduce levels in people’s bodies.”

DISCUSSION: Better off using a WATERPIK water flossing system with distilled water mixed with sea salt to flush out food from between your teeth.

WHY DO I PEE SO MUCH AT NIGHT?

Does your bladder nag you out of bed overnight? If you have to go to the bathroom more than once during 6-8 hours of zzz’s, you might have nocturia. Your body may make too much urine, or your bladder can’t hold enough. Sometimes it’s both. There are many possible causes. Some need medical treatment, others you can manage on your own.

Could It Be What I’m Drinking?

You may just be drinking too much or too close to bedtime. Drink less several hours before you go to sleep. Don’t have alcohol or caffeine late in the day. And be sure to use the bathroom before you go to bed.

Could My Age Make a Difference?

The older you are, the more likely you are to need to pee at night.

Men: An enlarged prostate is common when you’re an older guy. It usually isn’t serious, but it can keep you from emptying your bladder.

Women: After menopause, you make less estrogen. That can cause changes in the urinary tract that make you have to go more often. If you’ve had children, the muscles in your pelvis may be weaker, too.

The bladder workout: Tame incontinence without surgery

Keep a diary. For a day or two, keep track of the times you urinate or leak urine during the day.

Calculate. On average, how many hours do you wait between visits to the bathroom during the day?

Choose an interval. Based on your typical interval between needing to urinate, set your starting interval for training so that it’s 15 minutes longer. So, if you usually make it for one hour before you need to use the bathroom, make your starting interval one hour and 15 minutes.

Hold back. On the day you start your training, empty your bladder first thing in the morning and don’t go again until you reach your target time interval. If the time arrives before you feel the urge, go anyway. If the urge hits first, remind yourself that your bladder isn’t really full, and use whatever techniques you can to delay going. Try pelvic floor exercises (also called Kegels), or simply try to wait another five minutes before walking slowly to the bathroom.

Increase your interval. Once you are successful with your initial interval, increase it by another 15 minutes. Over several weeks or months, you may find you are able to wait much longer and that you feel the urge less often. After four to eight weeks, if you think you have found some improvement to your incontinence, do another diary. Compare your initial diary to your second diary to note the improvements in your intervals and the amount of urine you void. The act of reviewing and comparing actually helps reinforce the bladder training process.

DISCUSSION: DO NOT CONSUME SOY! There are still bottles of FIGTreeVitamins.com PROSTATE SUPPORT Saw Palmetto/Pygeum Plus Softgels (2 upon rising and 2 at bedtime EMPTY STOMACH) for male concerns. I would couple that with FIGTreeVitamin.com 100% Pure, soy-free COD LIVER OIL Softgels (2 upon rising and 2 at bedtime). There is a formulation, called Budwig’s Cocktail, that is used for prostate inflammation too. Essentially, it combines ALA, such as FIGTreeVitamins.com ALPHA LIPOIC ACID (2-4 upon rising), and high-lignan flax seed from the store, into a shake made with raw, undenatured whey protein, such as FIGTreeVitamins.com raw/undenatured, organic unflavored WHEY PROTEIN Powder, twice daily. The same concoction is excellent for women, as well. FIGTREEVITAMINS.COM (the FIGTREE VITAMINS STORE), save 30% off, using coupon code “CLEARANCE,” while supplies last…but you really need to shop now before everything is gone!

About soy, most restaurants, especially chain restaurants, use soybean oil for grilling and frying, as well as smoking foods, plus they use soybean oil based mayonnaise, salad dressings, “buttery” spreads and much more, so please ask about this at restaurants. If they say they use “vegetable oil,” that is just another term for soybean oil in nearly all cases, so request that they read (and if they can, provide) the label information from their oil. Be sure to read nutrition information on all restaurant or commercially packaged foods you have in your home (frozen, boxed, bagged, etc.). Look for soy, soy flour, soybeans, tofu, miso, hydrolyzed soy protein, soybean oil, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, just to name a few.

Soy in any form is indigestible (commonly causes cramping, bloating, gas, diarrhea or constipation, runny or stuffy nose and many other symptoms shortly after consumption). We believe many diseases and disorders may be caused by soy, which was once considered by the FDA and USDA to be a toxic neurotoxin, so why it was ever accepted as a dietary choice is a mystery. Soy is among the single most common allergens, perhaps because it is in everything! Further, soy also prevents the proper absorption of essential amino acids, minerals, fat-soluble vitamins and causes deficiencies in vitamins, minerals and many other nutrients.

In addition, soy contains estrogenic compounds, which may contribute to prostate, testicular, breast, uterine and ovarian diseases and disorders. Read more about soy in our Reference Center or simply link here: Read more at SOY FUN FACTS.

DISCLAIMER

NOTE: Whether or not you are able to use any of the suggestions above depends upon your health history, medications taken, surgeries and therapies, etc.

FIGTreeLive.com sells no products; however, all members and listeners may purchase products at great discounted pricing from participating vendors! If you have not already done so, please Register for a FREE MEMBERSHIP today;  have full access to articles in the Reference Center, read and post in the Live Chat Forum, answer questions and get suggestions from our experts ~ let’s work toward natural health together!

Better yet, why not call the FIGTree Live Show when we are LIVE? Wednesday – Friday 2-2:30PM Eastern/11-11:30am Pacific, AND on Saturdays 1-2PM Eastern/10-11am Pacific – the toll-free telephone number is 844-855-2006 and Dee will answer your call, put you on hold (you will be able to hear the show while on hold) then the professionals on the  FIGTree LIVE Show will ask questions and help you to incorporate natural healthy ideas into your daily regimen so you can get well. PLUS, when you call the show, you will receive THREE MONTHS FREE private, personalized email help anytime you need us, PLUS 15% off AND FREE SHIPPING when shopping at the FIGTREE VITAMINS STORE . We will give you your own coupon code to use during checkout, during your three months free period! All Members, as well as HealthTalk LIVE listeners receive MEMBER DISCOUNTS from Participating Discount Vendors, such as FIGTreeVitamins.com, RenewLife, Dr. Helen and more (follow the links and learn how!)

Why not post your questions in the Live Chat Forum, under HEALTH CHAT, or call and speak with the health professionals on the FIGTree LIVE Show, Wednesdays – Fridays (2-2:30PM Eastern / 11-11:30am Pacific) and Saturdays (1-2PM Eastern /10-11am Pacific)?

All statements are the opinion of staff at FIGTreeLive.com and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. All ideas provided are given based upon information provided, including all health experiences, therapies, surgeries, medications taken, etc., in the past, present or foreseeable future. John, Vicki, other FIGTreeLive.com staff, and anyone directly associated with the website, FIGTreeLive.com, are not responsible for negative or harmful side-effects you may experience as a result of ideas shared. No other company, person or entity is associated with FIGTreeLive.com, John, Vicki or any staff member; nor is there any association, obligation or interest between FIGTreeLive.com and sponsors, discount participants or advertisers, implied or otherwise, as having any association or agreement with views and opinions provided on FIGTreeLive.com. Prescription drugs have the potential for harmful side-effects, which may also be influenced by using nutritional supplements; please consult with your Medical Doctor and Pharmacist before using supplements of any kind. Only your Medical Doctor and Pharmacist are acquainted with your health issues and are able to diagnose your specific healthcare requirements. No one at FIGTreeLive.com is trained to diagnose and you should never self-diagnose in lieu of proper medical care and advice. Please avail yourself of all diagnostic testing available to you. Statements made may not have been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. If you are exhibiting symptoms or have a health concern, we encourage you to contact your physician immediately.
Forum Timezone: America/North_Dakota/Center
Most Users Ever Online: 233
Currently Online:
Guest(s)
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 12
Members: 2003
Moderators: 0
Admins: 4